Subban delivers two hander to Stone (poll)

yave1964

Did the punishment fit the crime  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Subban deserve the ejection? Should their be more?

• No, should have been two minutes for slashing
    • The ejection fit the crime
    • He deserves a suspension

That's a pretty fair assessment of the degree of the offense, and the damage done.

Slashes happen all the time. And, the game is played at such intensity and speed, that these things are bound to happen.

IMHO, Senators have made way too much fuss over this. Their preoccupation with Subban takes focus away from the series.

You're bang on, especially your last point.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He fractured his wrist with a two handed overhead chop... if that's not intent to injure what is?

Flesh wound. Stone is still playing.

Why does the existence of an injury imply intent? Or are you just looking for work in the NHL front office with that kind of logic? :ph34r:

Flesh wound. Stone is still playing.

Why does the existence of an injury imply intent? Or are you just looking for work in the NHL front office with that kind of logic? :ph34r:

Let me bring a two handed over my head and smash your hand with it then tell me if you think I was trying to hurt you. If this were the normal smack on the glove trying to disrupt a pass or shot I'd buy your thinking, but a two handed over the head?? Not a chance. Hell I'd win this one in a criminal court, and the burden of proof is much much higher there.

Let me bring a two handed over my head and smash your hand with it then tell me if you think I was trying to hurt you. If this were the normal smack on the glove trying to disrupt a pass or shot I'd buy your thinking, but a two handed over the head?? Not a chance. Hell I'd win this one in a criminal court, and the burden of proof is much much higher there.

Wait a second. So, if the slash hits his stick instead of his wrist then you'd say there was no intent to injure?

You're saying that Subban specially targets his wrist and with two moving targets (Stone and himself) manages to land a perfect, intent to injure strike?

He's swinging his stick wildly. The odds are he's going to hit Stone's stick, which is of course his objective.

Wait a second. So, if the slash hits his stick instead of his wrist then you'd say there was no intent to injure?

You're saying that Subban specially targets his wrist and with two moving targets (Stone and himself) manages to land a perfect, intent to injure strike?

He's swinging his stick wildly. The odds are he's going to hit Stone's stick, which is of course his objective.

If this were a Giroux or Crosby, I'd say no. But Subban has a history of punk moves, and he didn't just start playing the game yesterday. Who the hell raises thier stick that high to stick check? Yes, I'm saying it was intent to injure.

If this were a Giroux or Crosby, I'd say no. But Subban has a history of punk moves, and he didn't just start playing the game yesterday. Who the hell raises thier stick that high to stick check? Yes, I'm saying it was intent to injure.

Just answer the question: if he hits Stone's stick is it still intent to injure?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived