Joe Thornton wearing the spoked B?

nORRis8

358  career goals 901 assists 1285 games. A point a game player.

With an extreme falling out with the GM this year and a few bitter words for the coach plus the removal of the C on his chest before the year began.....could this have been JT leaves SJ?

Would I want him back in Boston?

You bet.

Fairly healthy. No serious injuries ever.

Joe  just   signed a 3-year contract extension with the Sharks through the 2017 NHL season. So thats taken care of. 6.5mil/year. Very affordable.

The Bruins are already doing some trimming. Keep going. Do something remarkable. Get a leader to help Patrice out.

Send some chocolates. Six pack of Canadian beer. Get him a dart board with Mike OConnels face on it. Take him to the new Avengers movie....out in theatres soon. Woo him. Get him back.

Interesting indeed @JackStraw. I wonder if the Bruins perused him what the asking price would be? Rask and a 2nd? Or Krejci and a 4th? If I am SJ and I want to move him, i'd be looking at some help in net and a solid pick.....

Interesting indeed @JackStraw. I wonder if the Bruins perused him what the asking price would be? Rask and a 2nd? Or Krejci and a 4th? If I am SJ and I want to move him, i'd be looking at some help in net and a solid pick.....

Well they have Svedberg and Subban as well...

Svedberg or Subban for Thornton? I think Doug Wilson would die from a laughing attack before that ever happened.

Even though Thornton is 35, he is still a solid producer that is signed to a very reasonable contract. I think to get the talks started the B's are going to have to come up big.

Svedberg or Subban for Thornton? I think Doug Wilson would die from a laughing attack before that ever happened.

Even though Thornton is 35, he is still a solid producer that is signed to a very reasonable contract. I think to get the talks started the B's are going to have to come up big.

Well as you mentioned he's 35.....and the Bruins basically gave him to the Sharks in the first place.

Of course the Bruins probably need to actually hire a new GM before this could happen. Unless Neely is going to take care of things himself.

My Spidersense tells me Cam will be at the helm come draft time.

358  career goals 901 assists 1285 games. A point a game player.

With an extreme falling out with the GM this year and a few bitter words for the coach plus the removal of the C on his chest before the year began.....could this have been JT leaves SJ?

Would I want him back in Boston?

You bet.

Fairly healthy. No serious injuries ever.

Joe  just   signed a 3-year contract extension with the Sharks through the 2017 NHL season. So thats taken care of. 6.5mil/year. Very affordable.

The Bruins are already doing some trimming. Keep going. Do something remarkable. Get a leader to help Patrice out.

Send some chocolates. Six pack of Canadian beer. Get him a dart board with Mike OConnels face on it. Take him to the new Avengers movie....out in theatres soon. Woo him. Get him back.

He ain't waiving bud. Hasso Platter pretty much came out of his fortress of solitude in Germany to talk with Joe and Wilson after the "Shut your mouth", and the majority of people think he promised Joe he could retire a shark because he went from angry Joe to surfer Joe again very quickly. Joe holds all the cards. Owner is unhappy over losing money and is not going to let Wilson buy him out. Cannot be demoted, and his brother and agent tweet he will retire a shark regularly.

They can make him a 6.5 million dollar scratch. But the fans would rebel. You will notice every Sharks blog were unfaltering over his line being the one unwavering steady consistent dominant line this season while the rest of the team suffered, and fan support is through the roof in Thornton's favor and calling for Wilson's head.

FIRE WILSON

Well as you mentioned he's 35.....and the Bruins basically gave him to the Sharks in the first place.

That's what I thought too.  And, it's pretty obvious that Sharks wouldn't be unhappy to get rid of him.  Joe Thornton is still a good player.  Bruins have an attitude problem, and Thornton might be the answer to that.

Interesting speculation.

That's what I thought too.  And, it's pretty obvious that Sharks wouldn't be unhappy to get rid of him.  Joe Thornton is still a good player.  Bruins have an attitude problem, and Thornton might be the answer to that.

Interesting speculation.

Wilson you mean.

The dressing room is united behind Jumbo Joe and the owner is tight with him

• 4 weeks later...

Archived