• Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Rangers in 4 (Sweep)
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

Easy guys.

Bolts played a clunker from about the halfway point in the game on.

Lightning are usually good for a clunker in every series so far, so hopefully, this one was it for them.

That said, clunker or no, the Bolts DID have a ton of chances....they hit posts, shanked slam dunk shots, took Henrik Lundqvist to make Herculean saves, or some defenseman to come out of nowhere to save a play that may have ended up in the back of the net.

I realize none of those things went TB's way...and once the Rangers got to about 4 or 5 goals the air seemed to have gotten sapped right out of the Lightning, but the fact remains that the Bolts did have their chances and with the determination this team has, I can't see why they just as easily couldn't come out next game and grab a win.

Credit the Rangers for taking advantage of every possible situation...and also, credit them for being able to put up 5 goals against the Bolts the last two games.

Still though, I am not hitting the panic button on the Lightning.

They got crunched, yet they are NOT behind in the series.

If the Bolts keep their cool (and not go out of their way to avenge some questionable stuff done by NY in this last game), play THEIR game, dictate the pace, and Ben Bishop can just flush the last game down the toilet, things will be fine for Lightning fans.

All the doom n gloom when the Wings went up 3-2 on TB in their series, all the doom n gloom when the Bolts 3-0 series lead almost disappeared against the Habs.....now some people have doom n gloom because the Bolts lost big...and the series is tied?

Hmmm...a bit premature.

Granted, the Rangers ARE a more complete team than either the Wings or Habs, but still, they have shown they ARE beatable..but it will take a bit of extra will to actually KEEP them down, as the Washington Capitals found out in the last series.

King Henrik was definitely worried during interviews prior to this last Rangers win.

And he probably was worried because he realized what a unique challenge the speed, skill, and yes, the physical play of the Lightning presented to his team.

Bolts need to realize this, and do things to worry Lundqvist once again in Games 5 and 6.

If the Rangers are destined to win this series, so be it...but after watching this Lightning team all year, watching them grow throughout the season, look shaky at times during the postseason, yet finding ways to grow yet again and find ways to get the job done, I am not about to throw in the towel on them just yet.

Go Bolts! Take it to'em in NYC!

3-2 lead for the Bolts...hopefully they can just end this thing tonight, get some rest days then gameplan for either Chicago or Anaheim.

Most people I've talked to say that if the Rangers win this game, they win the series as Game 7 is a lock for them.

While I will admit a momentum shift should the Rangers win Game 6, saying Game 7 is a lock is borderline asinine, IMO. :)

Thing about making a prediction like that is, the person who makes it, thinks they are smart, when in reality, they have a 50-50 shot at being right.

Pretty good odds to run the risk to be able to say "I told you so", eh?  :lol:

But back to serious matters.....

Bolts have a chance to end this thing in front of their home crowd.

Really though, the way this series has gone, with wild shifts from one team to the next, we all know it's hard to get a real gauge on this.

Coach Jon Cooper is saying all the right things in the media "Keep an even keel", "Treat this game like any other important playoff game", "We will get the Rangers' best, so we need to be at our best", etc, etc...

More impressive are things that Steve Stamkos says, such as knowing what situation they are in, and even though it will not be easy, wanting that win more than the Rangers do....I paraphrased. ;)

Bolts have come back from being down 3-2 themselves against the Wings, have staved off a Montreal team attempting to come back from being down 3-2....but this series is COMPLETELY different than those two because the two teams have been neck in neck all series...trading excellent played games and trading goal outbursts.

It will be key for the Bolts to get on the scoreboard first...preferrably early.

I know the team has grown and matured, but the fact remains the Rangers players, for the most part, have been here, done this much more often than the Lightning players, so, theoretically, they should be the 'calmer' team.

I tell you who ISN'T calm.

Me.

My nails barely survived last week...I was rescued by my manicurist over the weekend, but methinks I may need to visit her again....she thinks I do yardwork when I show up with wrecked nails...I tell her, "Nope, it's playoff hockey." :P

Go Bolts!!

@TropicalFruitGirl26  I am simply amazed at the bounce back ability of Bishop. I can't tell you how many times I heard at work "Bishop sucks" at work, only to be followed by a stunning game. This guys head is in the right place. It's like water off his back if he gives up 4 or more goals....fresh start, each and every time. His resilience is something to behold. Very strong character on that guy.

Here is what lies ahead for the Bolts. King Lundy...he is 6-1 all time in Game #7's and has a STUNNING .966 save % in those games. The game being in Tampa Bay, it is not much of a advantage for the Bolts, mainly because the best thing about being at home is having the last change, but the Rangers lines 1-4 are all playing some great hockey, so only the fan noise will have an impact in that game.

If the Bolts win this game, they will have earned it. Going against the best money goalie all time in game #7's....that is a daunting task....to say the least. If anyone can do it though, it's the high powered TB offense. Geez, Kucherov just scored his 9th goal of the playoffs, and he's not one of their top 3 forwards.....WOW....that is special.

@TropicalFruitGirl26  Well, 6 goals against, we will soon see just how Mr.Bishop rebounds from this. If it's like any other game in the playoffs, big Ben is gonna have an outstanding game in #7!! I'm thrilled they somehow moved this game to Friday, my day off....very excited to see this epic battle!!

The game being in Tampa Bay, it is not much of a advantage for the Bolts, mainly because the best thing about being at home is having the last change, but the Rangers lines 1-4 are all playing some great hockey, so only the fan noise will have an impact in that game.

Aside from all that is the fact that game 7 will actually be played in New York   :ph34r:

Aside from all that is the fact that game 7 will actually be played in New York   :ph34r:

Ahhh, yes....113 pts to 108....game #7 is indeed at the Madison Square Gardens.

Rags are certainly not taking the easy route this playoff year.....3rd straight series to go the full 7 games....the King earning every penny of his 8.5 mill salary, even though they don't get payed during the playoffs, you know what I mean.

Hmm...are we gonna have to start calling Bishop "Game Seven Ben"???

2-0 shut out of the former Eastern Conference Champions.....and I am lovin every minute of it!  :lol:

Ducks, Hawks....don't care which at this point.

Bolts have gone above and beyond what I expected from them during pre-season.....but completeness demands they get the Cup to go along with their Prince of Wales trophy.

I am leaning towards wanting the Blackhawks, as I consider them still to be the class of the West....and would LOVE it if the Bolts can not only beat the Best in the West, but score one for the departed Minnesota Wild!

Cmon Hawks....Bolts are waitin for ya.

But if it's the Ducks, hey, a victory there would be just as sweet.

No doubt the odds makers will have the Lightning as underdogs against either.

Crazy thing is, the Bolts are young enough and good enough, that they could make these kinds of playoff runs pretty regularly.

It will all come down to how they handle the upcoming Stamkos contract, and how they handle who they will keep on to fill out the rest of the team moving past that as well.

Congrats Bolts.

You proved the naysayers wrong against New York...and to a degree, proved me wrong too, as I thought the Rangers may have had an edge over the Bolts.

Personally, I thought the Lightning matched up well against Detroit and Montreal (and Ottawa too, had the Sens beaten the Habs), but both the Rangers and Capitals worried me a bit.

King Henrik will have to wait yet another year for his shot at the Cup....

Hey....did the Bolts win the Coburn deal yet??  Ha ha!

Heh..I'd have to say, at this point, it is a good deal no matter what happens...but if somehow the Bolts win the Cup, they absolutely "won" the deal, regardless of how Gudas turns out for Philadelphia...and I DO expect Radko to turn out well for Philly as long as they use him in proper situations.

Are you forgetting that the Flyers are getting a 1st round pick from TB? I think that's probably more important than Gudas.

Didn't forget that at all....cept TB giving up their 1st rounder is offset by them having the Ranger's 1st rounder (from the MSL deal), and since the Rangers are eliminated and the Bolts still in, that makes the Ranger pick AHEAD of the Philly has from TB.

:)

Thus we are back to Coburn for Gudas.......

Didn't forget that at all....cept TB giving up their 1st rounder is offset by them having the Ranger's 1st rounder (from the MSL deal), and since the Rangers are eliminated and the Bolts still in, that makes the Ranger pick AHEAD of the Philly has from TB.

Well the Flyers certainly didn't trade Coburn even up for Gudas.

I'll say what I said before...if the Bolts win the cup they won the trade. Going this far is all well and great. What if Philly drafts an absolute stud for the next dozen years with that pick...do the Bolts win the trade then? Sometimes both teams come out happy...and that's the way it should be.

Anyone else think both the Bolts and Rangers have it in them to make another Eastern Finals run next year as well?

I would think the Bolts should be able to...given their youth (though much will depend how they handle the upcoming Stamkos contract situation), but can the Rangers do it again as constructed, or do they need to re-tool?

As a Flyers fan I don't really care about TB getting a 1st from NY. As far as the Coburn trade goes, it was good for both sides (i.e., both sides "won"). TB got a guy who helped them in the playoffs, Flyers get a 1st and Gudas for a player that probably wouldn't have been part of the plan going forward.

As a Flyers fan I don't really care about TB getting a 1st from NY. As far as the Coburn trade goes, it was good for both sides (i.e., both sides "won"). TB got a guy who helped them in the playoffs, Flyers get a 1st and Gudas for a player that probably wouldn't have been part of the plan going forward.

I know...and I agree that trade has been good for both.

But many seem to be making such a big deal about the Bolts giving up their 1st along with Gudas for Coburn, that I thought it was worth reminding people that the Bolts dealt from a position of strength, and as things have turned out, the 1st they now have is slightly higher than the 1st they gave up.

Nothing more.

On top of all that...the question @jammer2 originally asked about the Bolts "winning the trade" was likely meant more as "are the Bolts happy with the trade" rather than trying to be definitive of who 'won' any trade.....so really, we needn't go down that road that has been covered ad nauseum in other threads already.

@flyercanuck  At this point, the Flyers pick would have to be an absolute stud to make this an even swap. Getting 3 more rounds of experience for the Bolts young stars, that can not even be defined as far as importance goes. This playoff run sped up the Bolts learning curve and catapulted the team growth process years and years ahead of schedule. I know what Radko is gonna bring, not so sure what the last pick in the 1st round will garner, but if I'm the Bolts, I'm declaring victory on this deal...unless the Flyers snag a young Giroux with the 31st or 32nd pick.

Archived