Stamkos to Buffalo? Trade rumors

Wiiu1

I would personally trade Stamkos for Eichel or Reinhart. Stamkos has proven he can be a very good player and a great leader. I would ratter have a sure thing, than a prospect. Remember Alexandere Diagle and Rick DiPeitro.

What do you think?

A. The Sabres are not trading Eichel. Simply not going to happen.

B. I doubt the Bolts will willingly trade their leader to a division opponent.

C. Does Stamkos really want to play in Buffalo? I don't know that he would want to with today's roster.

D. Would Buffalo really pay Stamkos eight figures? I doubt it. Maybe for a year or two, but Stamkos is looking for that kind of money for seven or eight years. I doubt he resigns in Buffalo. Why would they give up tons of picks and prospects for a guy they have for one year.

I seriously don't see the Bolts trading their captain to Buffalo. I think it's more likely he goes to Toronto, only because everyone knows he would like to go home, or to a western conference team that a) can afford to pay him, and b) thinks Stamkos would resign with their team. 

A sneaky team that could trade for him? Colorado. They could move a young gun like Landeskog or Duchene and some picks and prospects.

@Polaris922

Of course they have the pieces. Whether they want to deal that away is another thing.

If I'm Tampa I'd gladly take Eichel/Ristolainen/Reinhart and laugh all the way to the cups down the road. If I'm Buffalo I hang onto them.

Okay let me rephrase... They wouldn't be willing to trade the pieces that would take. I hope...

I would personally trade Stamkos for Eichel or Reinhart. Stamkos has proven he can be a very good player and a great leader. I would ratter have a sure thing, than a prospect. Remember Alexandere Diagle and Rick DiPeitro.

What do you think?

Really that's a pipe dream. The price to trade to get Stamkos for any team is ridiculously high to me. I sincerely believe there's no way that Tampa Bay would even begin to think of trading him.

What do you think?

Homer, is that you playing on the computer again?

These are the people who signed Ville Leno to an absurdly ridiculous contract.

"Actually" that was Darcy Regier, who is no longer with the team.

Tampa ain't moving Stamkos before the season. It would be more along the lines of "we're approaching the trade deadline and he's still unsigned and someone blew our doors off with an offer.)

"Actually" that was Darcy Regier, who is no longer with the team.

Tampa ain't moving Stamkos before the season. It would be more along the lines of "we're approaching the trade deadline and he's still unsigned and someone blew our doors off with an offer.)

Tampa ain't moving him at the deadline, either. They'll be prepping for another deep playoff run. They're not trading their star captain at that point either.

He'll be a Bolt when all is said and done.

.........In other, related news, Steve Yzerman is intrigued by the thought of acquiring young up n coming goalie, Robin Lehner for either Ben Bishop or Andrei Vasilevski.

And Tyler Johnson is on the blocks for a pair of picks from the Sabres...........

When I first read your quote I thought you said a "pair of pucks." LOL

When I first read your quote I thought you said a "pair of pucks." LOL

Well now....if the pucks are shiny enough, Yzerman MAY be persuaded to trade Tyler Johnson for those as well.

After all, Stevie Y IS trying to build a long term contender in Tampa Bay, and shiny pucks can be just as important as leaders and goal scorers such as Stamkos and Johnson.

And of course, if Yzerman can keep these two top flight players WITHIN the division playing for a rival, well, that would just be icing on the cake for him and help solidify his place as one of the most Homerrific GM's in the league.

Ahh, but those picks (and pucks) will be well worth it...

The Lightning faithful would start a civil war against their own city Tampa Bay and it's General Stevie Yzerman if they try and trade the Golden Boy Steven Stamkos. A Tyler Johnson trade may not start a civil war against the city, but it could definitely start riots that seem to be the popular thing lately(which I personally think a ridiculous). Of course this post is all sarcasm and to be read a fun. I don't want anyone to take it as serious.

Archived