Fan Crisis

HockeyNoob

I know this sounds like I'm a bandwagon fan, but I'm truly not. Is it alright if I cheer for the Panthers and Oilers? My local team is the Panthers (I live about 20 minutes from the arena) and I'm a new hockey fan who likes the Oilers a lot. The channels I have basically just show the Panthers, sometimes the Lightning and the free preview of NHL center ice obviously allows almost all the games but I think it ends at the end of the month or something. Anyways, I've heard that you're not supposed to cheer for two teams but is it really that bad? I mean they're not even in the same conference and it's not like either one of them is making it to the finals any time soon (no offense to any Oilers/Panthers fans). Thanks for any help.

I agree with flyercanuck. There is no rule that you are restricted to cheering for 1 team or your home town team. There is another channel NBCSN that shows different teams and sometimes it is the Oilers. Also on your computer you can go to the official website for the Edmonton Oilers and there is a button you can click on that allows you to listen to all the Oilers games and it is free.

I know some forums frown if you wander from your own team forum to comment in a forum not of your favorite team, but that isn't the case here.  We have lots of members who enjoy discussing topics of more than one team.

And btw, this thread has inspired me to add a 2nd favorite team category to our profiles this weekend.

:D

I know some forums frown if you wander from your own team forum to comment in a forum not of your favorite team, but that isn't the case here.  We have lots of members who enjoy discussing topics of more than one team.

And btw, this thread has inspired me to add a 2nd favorite team category to our profiles this weekend.

:D

Flippin awesome, @hf101 !!!

post-1129-0-28706800-1445024517.gif

@HockeyNoob

Cheer for whoever you like...you stinkin' bandwagoner!  :D

DISCLAIMER: I know you are totally being facetious but I am going to bust your chops facetiously anyway...here goes 

Bandwagoner???  You stuck in the 1980s FC?  The Oliers haven't been good in a long long time and then with all of the #1 picks they have received they still suck!!  Anyone fan new to hockey not living in the Edmonton area who chooses the Oilers as their team could be called a sadist or a nutcase but the last thing I would accuse them is of is being a bandwagoner! ;)

DISCLAIMER: I know you are totally being facetious but I am going to bust your chops facetiously anyway...here goes 

Bandwagoner???  You stuck in the 1980s FC?  The Oliers haven't been good in a long long time and then with all of the #1 picks they have received they still suck!!  Anyone fan new to hockey not living in the Edmonton area who chooses the Oilers as their team could be called a sadist or a nutcase but the last thing I would accuse them is of is being a bandwagoner! ;)

HAHA this post is amazing. Made me feel great. I chose the Oilers because well, I'm interested in the rebuilding process. I like Tampa and the Panthers but I prefer the Lightning. They're exciting. 

@HockeyNoob Great choice in picking Edmonton. They sure have plenty of young offensive threats. Once they develop the defense and get a top goalie they're going to be really exciting to watch.

This game against Calgary is awesome :D

And I agree with you all the way. That's why I chose them as my other team besides the local team Lightning

Yakupov has 2 points, Hall has 2 as well and McDavid scored his second goal of the year in this game :D

I just got back from the drubbing of the Panthers over the Flyers.  The Panthers have a fun young team. I've always liked Tampa as I have probably seen more games there than any other arena since I am in Tampa a few times a year and tickets are cheap compared to Toronto where I am originally from.  So if you like the Oilers fine but as you know there are 2 viable choices in your back yard and I don't think you can go wrong with either.   

Of course I hate any team that play the Flyers on any given night though... ;)

Archived