Murray should have gotten us a decent goalie like Edmonton got

Buffalo Rick

What kind of stupid crap is this?  We do not have a goalie.  If we had one we  would have had a shot vs the Devils and we would not have been beaten by Montreal like that.  Chad Johnson has to wake up fast. But he is not the answer. I say trade a pick or whatever it takes and try and get Backstrom from the Wild.  I mean, he likely wants out?  They are going with Dubynk.  so pick up the phone Murray.  after all we did help them out big time by trading Pommer there.  And they have Vanek.  All of a sudden Stafford knows how to play in Winnipeg.  I mean, we took a pretty good team apart that was under Lindy Ruff and spread them to the wind.  The remnants of a Presidents trophy winning team are scattered all over.  Sure it was the right thing to do moving forward as Eichel, Reinhart, and Risto will be our stars of the future.  But we have to have  a goalie right now to be competitve.  Where is the next Hasek or Miller coming from?  Bring Miller back if you ever get the chance.  But I cannot see that happening any time soon.  Maybe in a year or two if things do not work out in Vancouver?  He is only 34.  I do not know of many altrenatives other than maybe going after Backstrom?

What kind of stupid crap is this?  We do not have a goalie.  If we had one we  would have had a shot vs the Devils and we would not have been beaten by Montreal like that.  Chad Johnson has to wake up fast. But he is not the answer. I say trade a pick or whatever it takes and try and get Backstrom from the Wild.  I mean, he likely wants out?  They are going with Dubynk.  so pick up the phone Murray.  after all we did help them out big time by trading Pommer there.  And they have Vanek.  All of a sudden Stafford knows how to play in Winnipeg.  I mean, we took a pretty good team apart that was under Lindy Ruff and spread them to the wind.  The remnants of a Presidents trophy winning team are scattered all over.  Sure it was the right thing to do moving forward as Eichel, Reinhart, and Risto will be our stars of the future.  But we have to have  a goalie right now to be competitve.  Where is the next Hasek or Miller coming from?  Bring Miller back if you ever get the chance.  But I cannot see that happening any time soon.  Maybe in a year or two if things do not work out in Vancouver?  He is only 34.  I do not know of many altrenatives other than maybe going after Backstrom?

Murray actually did get you a goalie bub. Mind you, he is a prospect that I think sucks.

And he was injured right away, so LOL

Miller said he was so glad to be out of Buffalo, so I doubt he ever goes back

Bring Miller back if you ever get the chance. But I cannot see that happening any time soon. Maybe in a year or two if things do not work out in Vancouver? He is only 34. I do not know of many altrenatives other than maybe going after Backstrom?

Miller's actress/model wife has forbid him to ever step foot in Buffalo again. If the Sabres ever hold a Miller appreciation night he will only attend via Skype. Time to move on HJ. Remember if you truly love something, let it go!

Miller's actress/model wife has forbid him to ever step foot in Buffalo again. If the Sabres ever hold a Miller appreciation night he will only attend via Skype. Time to move on HJ. Remember if you truly love something, let it go!

Not sure why Murray did not put a claim in on Kari Ramo while he was on waivers.

Because honestly, Ramo isn't an NHL goaltender. He just isn't.

You also have to remember that a) the Sabres are still rebuilding and it going to take some time, so don't expect them to be winning divisions in the near future, and b) Robin Lehner, who was traded for to be the next great Sabres goalie, is hurt. He will be back soon and we will see how the goaltender of the future looks.

@Hockey Junkie

Like @J0e Th0rnton said , 

The Sabres DID get a goalie. Robin Lehner...and from the looks of things, Chad Johnson wasn't a bad choice to be the backup either. 

Johnson is NO starter, and NOT the long term solution, I agree, but he actually has looked better than I thought he would given extra exposure.

The injury to Lehner does muck things up a bit for your team, I get that.

And I think a guy like Nick Backstrom might be able to help....but he would have to waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.

I know Backs wanted to win in Minny...but at this point, it should be pretty plain to him he isn't going to be playing anytime soon barring major injury to Duby and a meltdown by Kuemper (those are pretty scary, yet realistic situations for Minny, but that is for another thread).

So if Backs wants to play, I am sure the Sabres would offer him ample opportunity to do so. If he is pretty good there, they may even consider replacing Johnson as the backup to Lehner once Robin returns.

Of course, not many can speculate how good Backstrom can be at his age since he basically has been encased in moth balls and left stored away in the Wild's closet....

Maybe if and when Detroit goes full time with Peter Mrazek, Jimmy Howard can be had. Though not sure if the Wings would deal to a division rival.

Perhaps trying to pry away John Gibson from the Ducks? Or give Tampa Bay a call as Andrej Vasilevskiy has reportedly begun skating and should be back with Ben Bishop soon...meanwhile, maybe Kristers Gudlevskis (who likely will be AHL bound again) can be  had.....but again, there is that division rival deal thing, plus Stevie Y may decide to hold on to three viable NHL goalies (two on the big club, one in the AHL) for a bit longer and use one as a trade deadline chip to get a nice haul.

One more comes to mind:

If the Jets decide to go with either Pavelec or Hutchinson full time as the number one, maybe the other can be made available.

Though right now, looks like Wpg has a quasi-platoon situation going on over there.

And of course, Sabres have LINUS FLIPPIN ULLMARK!

Unless the guy really isn't ready...he could be your in-house answer.

If the Jets decide to go with either Pavelec or Hutchinson full time as the number one, maybe the other can be made available.

Though right now, looks like Wpg has a quasi-platoon situation going on over there.

I could see the Jets trading Pavs in a heartbeat. Cap hit is $3.9M, one more year left after this one.

@Hockey Junkie

The Sabres DID get a goalie. Robin Lehner...and from the looks of things, Chad Johnson wasn't a bad choice to be the backup either. 

Johnson is NO starter, and NOT the long term solution, I agree, but he actually has looked better than I thought he would given extra exposure.

And I think a guy like Nick Backstrom might be able to help....but he would have to waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.

I know Backs wanted to win in Minny...but at this point, it should be pretty plain to him he isn't going to be playing anytime soon barring major injury to Duby and a meltdown by Kuemper (those are pretty scary, yet realistic situations for Minny, but that is for another thread).

So if Backs wants to play, I am sure the Sabres would offer him ample opportunity to do so. If he is pretty good there, they may even consider replacing Johnson as the backup to Lehner once Robin returns.

Of course, not many can speculate how good Backstrom can be at his age since he basically has been encased in moth balls and left stored away in the Wild's closet....

Maybe if and when Detroit goes full time with Peter Mrazek, Jimmy Howard can be had. Though not sure if the Wings would deal to a division rival.

Perhaps trying to pry away John Gibson from the Ducks? Or give Tampa Bay a call as Andrej Vasilevskiy has reportedly begun skating and should be back with Ben Bishop soon...meanwhile, maybe Kristers Gudlevskis (who likely will be AHL bound again) can be  had.....but again, there is that division rival deal thing, plus Stevie Y may decide to hold on to three viable NHL goalies (two on the big club, one in the AHL) for a bit longer and use one as a trade deadline chip to get a nice haul.

One more comes to mind:

Gibson? I hope they like giving away their shiny young prospects, because an overpayment would be in order.

Gibson is not an Eichel level prospect, but he is close as goaltenders go

Because honestly, Ramo isn't an NHL goaltender. He just isn't.

I was thinking of Ramo as a band-aid until Rockin Robin returns. The kids here in Rochester are not ready for prime time players yet. They also want to be patient with Linus and are concerned he's not 100% yet.

Murray actually did get you a goalie bub. Mind you, he is a prospect that I think sucks.

And he was injured right away, so LOL

Miller said he was so glad to be out of Buffalo, so I doubt he ever goes back

Good luck when your team comes to Buffalo to play a team you guys cannot beat.  I will be there

@Hockey Junkie

One more comes to mind:

I know that we do not have a guy like Miller.  Have your fun while you can because when we evolve as a unit and get our goalie, its not going to be fun playing Buffalo.  Philly got a taste tonight

HJ, the Sabres are definitely a team on the rise and the future does look bright. They deserved their win tonight. My question to you is that when they finally "evolve as a unit and get a goalie", will you stop lusting after Miller and no longer feel the need to mention him in every post?

HJ, the Sabres are definitely a team on the rise and the future does look bright. They deserved their win tonight. My question to you is that when they finally "evolve as a unit and get a goalie", will you stop lusting after Miller and no longer feel the need to mention him in every post?

yea, but then, what fun will THAT be ??

You may as well ask phlfly to stop saying 'G is suk'...

:ph34r:

Archived