LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams set for the Memorial Cup showdown....London, Red Deer (host team) and.....

ROU_WINCUP

Flyers prospect Philippe Meyers and the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies....well done!!!

This kid is going to bump Hagg down to the 6th option on the blueline which might benefit Hagg.

Myers broke onto the scene this season after being signed in September by the Flyers. He had 17 goals and 28 assists for 45 points and a plus-52 rating in 63 regular season games for the Huskies. That only continued in the playoffs as he picked up four goals and 12 assists for 16 points and a plus-17 rating in 20 games.

So his statline this year: 83 gp 21 gls 40 ast 61 pts +69!!!! That is out f**cking standing!!!!

Just for comparison sake Ivan's:83 gp 24 gls 62 ast 86 pts +86!!!

I expect him to get at least one more year of juniors before joining the Phantoms.

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/philippe-myers-rouyn-noranda-huskies-win-president-cup/

And the 4th team is the Brandon Wheat Kings!!!!!!

WHL_Champions_Team_Shot-730x384.jpg

Should be a good tourney. Nice to see Flyer prospect in it still.

On a side note after the tourney is all over i wouldn't mind seeing the Flyers sign the Wheat Kings Tim Mcgauley as a free agent he would make a nice for a Tim Brent at center who is a UFA. Worth a look.

A 6-0 187 center who has a decent game from everything i have seen. Can never have too many free agent prospects.

Another forward who would be worth a look with size would be Red Deer's Evan Polei 6-2 227 LW.

Another free agent 6-0 196 LW who can be had Dryden Hunt (he is an over ager)...

Nice story on Phillipe Myers. He's getting better with each game. He helped his team win the QMJHL title...now they are working on the Memorial Cup Championship. This story features an NHL scout who says Myers would have been a 1st round pick this year had the Flyers not inked him to a deal after he went undrafted. A lot to like here, 6'4 and 205, lots of room to grow into his large frame. 2 years, he only had 2 goals and 8 pts....this past year, he netted 17 goals and 48 pts...and a +46. He's at a point a game clip in this long playoff run....real nice UFA signing here, the scouting staff and Hexy are to be praised for finding this kid.

http://thehockeywriters.com/philippe-myers-flyers-defensive-prospect-on-the-rise/

Very tough to stomach how the NHL hands out the draft pick order in the playoffs. The Preds go to a whole new round, yet pick ahead of the Flyers, who were knocked out in the first...makes no sense...AND even worse, the Preds, picking right in front of us are looking for a big bodied forward with nice hands...just like us.

11 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Very tough to stomach how the NHL hands out the draft pick order in the playoffs. The Preds go to a whole new round, yet pick ahead of the Flyers, who were knocked out in the first...makes no sense...AND even worse, the Preds, picking right in front of us are looking for a big bodied forward with nice hands...just like us.

I'd be more concerned if we were both looking for D...the Preds aren't exactly the benchmark for picking forwards.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

This mock illustrates my fear....that the QMJHL's Julian Gauthier is snagged up by the Preds at #17. Of course, it's early and so many things can switch...but I doubt Max Jones is awaiting as a consolation prize the way this specific mock predicts.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

I dont really want Gauthier anyway.

Sergachev as the first D taken? Bean at 10? Bellows at 16...I don't agree with a lot of this draft.

6 hours ago, jammer2 said:

this past year, he netted 17 goals and 48 pts...and a +46

Jammer i think this kid without doubt has leapfrogged Hagg in the pecking order in the farm system.

Just compare his compete stat versus Ivan's before they go head to head tomorrow night

Meyers 83 gp 21 gls 40 ast 61 pts +69!!!! 

Provorov 83 gp 24 gls 62 ast 86 pts +86!!!

That is impressive as hell.

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

This mock illustrates my fear....that the QMJHL's Julian Gauthier is snagged up by the Preds at #17. Of course, it's early and so many things can switch...but I doubt Max Jones is awaiting as a consolation prize the way this specific mock predicts.

I'd prefer Max Jones. So Flyers might have to move up a few spots to get him.

5 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Jammer2

Whats your take on Logan Stanley?

12 hours ago, peter puck said:

Jammer2

Whats your take on Logan Stanley?

I haven't seen him near as much as jammer likely has, but here's my 2 cents worth...

Obviously he's huge....6'7" 225 lbs he can be fairly physical and is a good shot blocker. He moves like a glacier and has a hard slapper that he has no control over. I was keeping an eye on him, Brown and Sergachev since they're all draft eligible. He looks like the kind of player you pick if you thought Rathje and Hatcher looked great on our backend...I wouldn't take him until the 7th round...actually, no I wouldn't...I don't think he's an NHL player. You'd have to think poor mans (as in street person in India) Sam Morin with double or triple the time put into development. If your skating is that bad, the NHL has passed you by.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

He moves like a glacier

Sorry i stopped reading after that.....

.....i'm out besides they are set at D for a while....sure maybe take one in the later rounds but not @ #18....they need a LW or C with size as well the ability to score.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sweet! He's getting himself into the Sanheim range as a prospect...pretty friggin' great for a FA signing.

Archived