Game #28 - Islanders at Flyers - Dec 8 2015 - 7:00 ET

elmatus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should too many men take place before the interference therefor negating it??? WTF?

I think the isles put too many out there as they were trying to get Halak off on the delayed penalty for interference.

That's a heartbreaker.

Five thoughts:

1) The scoreboard didn't reflect the game at all. PHI was very good tonight. The second period in particular was all Flyers.

2) I love how when Bellemare picked the puck on a shorthanded run, he looks to his side to see who's with him. You can almost seem him think "Just give it to G."

3) Kicking motions are a crapshoot. They should just allow goals to be scored this way if the puck is on the ice. It takes just as much if not more skill to do this in today's NHL anyway.

4) I'd like to see a Bellemare / Voracek / Laughton line. I think Laughton could learn a lot from playing with them, and I really like Bellemare.

5) I've said it before, but G / Jake / Ghost in 3-on-3 OT is almost unfair vs most other teams. It's amazing what those three can do with the extra ice.

Player grades: 

Bellemare +3 (best player on the ice tonight)

Giroux +2

Medvedev +1

Simmonds +1

MDZ -1 (awful game)

Question for next game: Mason or Neuvirth?

Mason with a very short leash.

Yes might as well it's the Blues then the Stars for the 2nd half of the back to back neither are easy games.

Oh yeah please promptly waive Mcdud. He brought zero to this game besides his usual conceding the blueline and then late in the 3rd time he got on the ice he turned the puck over and pinned them in their own end for his whole shift.

Get that motherf**ker otta here!!!!

Waive Mcdud tonight!!!

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

Actually made it to the WFC tonight, unfortunately a rarity for me these days. Great pace in the second and third, someone here said the second was the best period they've played all year and that might be right. Alotta shots but Halak didn't exactly have to stand on his head.

I think you have to start Mason in STL but honestly I've got more confidence in Nuevy. Coughing up early period goals especially the one to start the second is just brutal

Mason's performance probably lost the game. All goalies have bad nights. So we can't get too angry. And we had a supremely capable backup.  That said, I wonder if Mase is having either an "off" season or regression.  He doesn't have a home win.  What's that about? I am wondering if personal issues are behind this?

Howie

Mason's performance probably lost the game. All goalies have bad nights. So we can't get too angry. And we had a supremely capable backup.  That said, I wonder if Mase is having either an "off" season or regression.  He doesn't have a home win.  What's that about? I am wondering if personal issues are behind this?

Howie

I wonder if he is injured or something he is just going down to early and his positioning and mechanic look off. It's why i was wondering if an injury is causing this or is his head not on right?

I wonder if he is injured or something he is just going down to early and his positioning and mechanic look off. It's why i was wondering if an injury is causing this or is his head not on right?

He does look off this year. He also has a new goalie coach. I wonder if he misses Reese too much.

Med ved??? Wtf

My thought exactly. 

Ghost is sitting right there.  Or would a shoot-out have "hurt his development"?  

I know B. Schenn, Coots, Jake and Read have all been fairly futile in the shootout, but they're there too.  MDZ even.  

How is Medvedev the 3rd best option?

He played well but Okopso performed G's move better than he did....

Neuvy bit on the deek way worse than Halak did.  Halak stayed with G enough to make the save.  Neuvy got toasted.

I applaud his performance.  One shootout goal shouldn't be what loses you a great game like that.

Halak stayed with G enough to make the save.

That is just it watch it again he didn't make the save G deked him his shot angle was to steep and he missed the open net. Both goalies bit...just one of the shooters nailed their shot.

Archived