VLC, Luke Schenn traded to LA

AJgoal

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Obviously winning the cup is the important thing. And I'd guess both players hold a bit of a grudge toward Flyer management for trading them. But considering both players started their careers in Philly, spent what should be their prime years in LA, yet put up better points in Philly, I'd say that's where they were better. Richards two best seasons in LA combined barely make his best in Philly. 

Ray Bourque did not have his best years in Colorado. He did win a cup there. Obviously that's going to the extreme of making the point.

Justin Williams I agree with. And there are plenty of other players from the Flyers, and every other team in the league who've moved and had better careers elsewhere. But Carter and Richards? 

The Flyers won the trades.

The traded players and the team that got them won two Cups.

We report. You decide.

:cool[1]:

On 1/7/2016 at 9:48 PM, PhilsFanDrew said:

I think LA made the determination that it was worth a bit of cap space used for 1/2 of VLC's contract to avoid having to make a deal at the deadline where they likely are giving up more than a 3rd round pick and Jordan Weal to acquire a D man rental of similar ability as L. Schenn from another team. 

Excellent point.

At the end both teams improved in their own way.

As the dance video showed, the Flyers got more wiggle room and a pick, and the Kings recieved hero support by way of possible 2nd power play scoring and a hitting defensive defenseman with a solid first pass out of the D zone breakout.

Those pieces are the ones that help in the latter rounds of a playoff run, when your first top players are playing hurt and desperately need contributors for the win.

It would be great if Vinny wins another Cup.

Hextall did us proud in this trade.

Streit might get us another 1st rounder at the trade deadline or maybe sewn in with Mickity Mac for a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder.

......biggitty  biggitty booh!

Just now, RJ8812 said:

you mean, you guys aren't all exiles from HockeysFuture?

Not HockeysFuture, but definitely PhilllyPast.  The ghost of "Should be working and not talking hockey" visited me last week and directed me here

2 hours ago, eleven24 said:

Not HockeysFuture, but definitely PhilllyPast.  The ghost of "Should be working and not talking hockey" visited me last week and directed me here

Interesting. I was permanently banned from HFB because I would constantly call out some of the Flyers fans (namely the mods) opinions on the team questioning their lack of intelligence on the matter. Not that my opinion is always right and all that matters, but they have a few good posters there, but most of them are just....dumb

I found this board and noticed myself not calling out any opinions as much, since most people here seem to be more level headed and if I do, they don't get upset and give me an infraction 

5 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Interesting. I was permanently banned from HFB because I would constantly call out some of the Flyers fans (namely the mods) opinions on the team questioning their lack of intelligence on the matter. Not that my opinion is always right and all that matters, but they have a few good posters there, but most of them are just....dumb

I found this board and noticed myself not calling out any opinions as much, since most people here seem to be more level headed and if I do, they don't get upset and give me an infraction 

Have you seen some of the mods' posts here?

I mean... :hyper:

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Have you seen some of the mods' posts here?

I mean... :hyper:

Yeah, especially the global mods. They post some of the most off-the-wall crap... :ph34r:

Archived