Boston/vs/Flyers

intheslot

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

nice, Streit not useless tonight 

Well actually he was till that point. But i'll just give him the benefit of the doubt he is still out of game shape!:cool[1]:

But honestly that doesn't have anything to do with his poor positioning i have seen from him the last couple games. Oh well at least he scored.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

And they got a 3rd rounder for Zac pure genius by Hexy!!!!

In today's NHL, if you're a 4th liner, you need to be able to offer more than just being able to fight and hit. Face-offs or PKing ability are key. Rinaldo offers nothing of that. I still don't know why he's in the league 

Just now, RJ8812 said:

that a good win. Even after falling behind, they fought back in the 3rd

They really did and picked it up a notch and took it to the Bruins. Mason played much better in the 3rd kept things simple and didn't try to do to much.

4-1 in 2016!!!

2 points behind Boston for a Wild card spot!

That home game versus Rangers saturday looms large....i have to think Ghost will not want to miss that game!!!

Back to backs i expect Mason in goal saturday and Neuvy in net for the Wings sunday!!

That was more a deflection over the glass than a shot.... usually that play is just a faceoff rather than a penalty.

giphy.gif

Rinaldo deserved a boarding minor for the hit on Del Zotto.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

This was a good win.  That said, it was against a banged up Boston squad.  

The team is capable of winning if there's a great defense with great goaltendiing. But we really need more scoring depth.  VDV missing the open net and PEBs falling into the boards after a scoring chance were reminders they have energy but no real scoring potential.  I'd like to see Weal and Laughton paired to see if a speedier third line could add ot the balance.  I don't mean to be the killjoy. But we can't rely on one or two lines to do all the scoring.  

Howie

6 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

mike milbury had this to say:

Well if Milbury doesn't like us we must be doing something right. 

My wife doesn't like hockey and rarely ever watches it. I trust her opinion as much as Milburys.

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

This was a good win.  That said, it was against a banged up Boston squad.  

The team is capable of winning if there's a great defense with great goaltendiing. But we really need more scoring depth.  VDV missing the open net and PEBs falling into the boards after a scoring chance were reminders they have energy but no real scoring potential.  I'd like to see Weal and Laughton paired to see if a speedier third line could add ot the balance.  I don't mean to be the killjoy. But we can't rely on one or two lines to do all the scoring.  

Howie

So was the Flyers missing arguably their 2nd best weapon on the team in Ghost. Seem like the refs were in Boston's favor to with some of them calls and non calls. Not saying they were it just seemed that way. Nice comeback win for the club got some nice momentum heading into the back to back games this weekend.

"I think the team is playing well," Streit said. 

"We play the system well. We don’t panic. It doesn’t matter if we score a goal or if we get score on, we keep plugging away and I think that’s a really good sign. That atmosphere in the locker room is great. I think we have a great time and it’s a lot of fun to come to the rink. We’re going in the right direction. But a lot of teams are playing really good hockey now and the standings are really tight. We got to keep going and keep working hard, just grind out those points.”

usa-today-9054802.0.jpg

Proof that confidence can go along way. It also helps that they aren't thinking as much now and are just playing. Nice to hear. A lot of work left to be done so this weekends game can help a lot towards obtaining their goal. Two huge games.

Rangers have won their last game but are only 4-5-1 in their last 10.

Wings have lost their last one and are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games.

So on paper it looks like both teams aren't on top of their game and can be beat...but then again no game has ever been played on paper time to go out and grind out the wins.

Keep it going.

Neuvirth is #Flyers' pick as team MVP

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/flyers&id=365218161

Many players chose Claude Giroux as the team's MVP. Some selected Steve Mason. One player mentioned rookie Shayne Gostisbehere, even though he has played only 23 games, and another nominated Sean Couturier.

But Neuvirth's name was mentioned more than any other.

Archived