Ovechkin out of All Star Game

eleven24

Predictable.

"This was a hard decision but we talk about it, coaching staff, trainers, and we tried to battle through it. But it's stayed the same," Ovechkin said after Washington's 4-3 overtime loss to the Philadelphia Flyers at Verizon Center. "I have to get ready for the rest of the year, get healthy, and I think we have a good chance to have success and I want to be a part of it. I don't want to miss important things."

"I wanted to go there and play in the All-Star Game; it's a huge opportunity and a huge honor. But I was not healthy in probably like a couple months,"

"I've been selected captain and I've never been a captain in an All-Star Game," Ovechkin said. "It's a huge honor. But we talked about it maybe [the] last couple weeks and last week it was very serious. Should I go? Should I not go?"

"The snowstorm came and it felt like maybe it's going to help and it [didn't]," Ovechkin said. "I cleaned my house and it was my bad decision. I want to thank the fans for voting me and tell them sorry"

1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

Him, like every other player (aside from Jon Scott), just doesn't want to go waste his time at the game and I don't blame him either.

Yeah, the game's a bit of a joke. And the pace of 3-on-3 isn't very conducive to, say, nursing a gammy groin or other nagging injury.

They should take this out of the regular season and maybe do a "midsummer special" or something.

I still don't know that hockey players are ever really going to want to do it.

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yeah, the game's a bit of a joke. And the pace of 3-on-3 isn't very conducive to, say, nursing a gammy groin or other nagging injury.

They should take this out of the regular season and maybe do a "midsummer special" or something.

"You needn't eat the leg, Thompson..."

And summer's for drinkin' beer and feeling up cops.

34 minutes ago, radoran said:

The players aren't going to play some meaningless summer game 

Just get rid of it all together and give the league a long weekend off

39 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

The players aren't going to play some meaningless summer game 

Just get rid of it all together and give the league a long weekend off

Increasingly, they're not playing a meaningless mid-season game, either. :hyper:

I'd kill the damn thing in a heartbeat if I was in charge.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Increasingly, they're not playing a meaningless mid-season game, either. :hyper:

I'd kill the damn thing in a heartbeat if I was in charge.

But then what would you threaten Calgary with not getting if they don't build you a new stadium?

Just now, AJgoal said:

But then what would you threaten Calgary with not getting if they don't build you a new stadium?

"We won't threaten our executives with needing to go to the middle of Alberta in July for the draft!"

Oh, wait..

:ph34r:

Archived