Sabres are plenty competitive and improving

Buffalo Rick

You can see that the Sabres have lost 16 games by one goal.  That says a lot about their development since last year.  The last game vs Boston was gift wrapped for the Bruins.  A penalty shot was too severe a call on the game winner.  But the Sabres are not hanging their heads.   They know that its unrealistic to expect anything big this year.  My biggest complaint with Bylsma is the lack of using Eichel and Risto in shootouts.  I mean, Risto when he shoots, he hits the net.  Jack is 0-2 in SO chances.  SO WHAT?  Give the kid a chance.  Even Rob Ray has echoed my sentiments on the matter.  Between him and Risto and Reinhart, the youth on this club is something to be excited about.  I have had a good time watching the games this year.  And the Lehner bashers here have proven themselves to be wrong. 

• 1 month later...

I forget the number but the Sabres lead the NHL in one goal loss's.   They will win the games they lose by one next year.  At least they will win half or more.  On the rise are we.  Jackie boy is as good as advertised

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I forget the number but the Sabres lead the NHL in one goal loss's.   They will win the games they lose by one next year.  At least they will win half or more.  On the rise are we.  Jackie boy is as good as advertised

O'Reilly could have called it a year and hit the golf course early, instead he worked his tail off and is due back in the lineup Wednesday. That says a lot. A very good year for your Sabres. Still a ways to go but some nice moves this year. Bylsma, Eichel and O'Reilly have come on strong.

15 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So the Sabres will be both winners and losers in the same game? :hyper:  :ph34r:

On March 16, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Samifan said:

So the Sabres will be both winners and losers in the same game? :hyper:  :ph34r:

They have lost the most one goal games. That means they are not getting blown out.  Go enjoy your race and if you get in know that you are not going very far.  

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

They have lost the most one goal games. That means they are not getting blown out.  Go enjoy your race and if you get in know that you are not going very far.  

With your track record making predictions that means the Flyers will go far, thanks HJ.

Miller

When I was fifteen years old, my Dad convinced the Wirthmore Grain company that I was the salvation of their awful softball team.  So, they slipped me a few dollars.  Prior to the recruiting of me, they'd been losing games by a dozen or so runs.  After I suited up, they only lost by about twelve or so runs.

If you lose, you lose.  Keeping score only rubs at the scab.

On March 15, 2016 at 7:02 PM, yave1964 said:

O'Reilly could have called it a year and hit the golf course early, instead he worked his tail off and is due back in the lineup Wednesday. That says a lot. A very good year for your Sabres. Still a ways to go but some nice moves this year. Bylsma, Eichel and O'Reilly have come on strong.

Add Ristolainen and Reinhart to that list also.  Those two have really blossomed.   They are going to be stars in this league for years along with Jack.

On 2016-03-21 at 11:08 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

Add Ristolainen and Reinhart to that list also.  Those two have really blossomed.   They are going to be stars in this league for years along with Jack.

Bogosian is showing some good offense and has been shooting like Brent Burns since Franson went down and he has been given a green light

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On March 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Samifan said:

I have watched Justin Bailey a lot with the Amerks this season. I think he will have a definite shot at making the big club next season. 

I am in agreement.  Now Murray needs to address the goaltending and the defense.  We have our offensive playmaker/QB type D man in Ristolainen.  One of the key guys on our team.  So now they need the stay home type.  Bogosian is a big help of course.  But we need another stay home type and I am hearing this guy we traded Psych for may be that type? If I am wrong, do jump in and correct me because I cannot remember him that well as he played for the Panthers was it?  I know they were good on D last year, and may have had their bet team ever, even counting that expansion team that made it to the finals to get wiped out by the Avalanche?Nordiques.  Bailey impressed me and I do think he could make the 4th line or perhaps the 3rd?  Right now our PP unit would likely be Eichel, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Kane (if he is not incacerated) and of course, Rasmus Ristolainen.  So who replaces Kane if he is locked up?  No wise guy responses please.  I would hate to have to troll the Philly forums.  LOL

re

Archived