Update: Del Zotto Done for the Year, Andrew MacDonald Recalled

AlaskaFlyerFan

5 hours ago, King Knut said:

Well we've had a week of MadDonald and while I'm sure we'd all still much rather have MDZ in the lineup, the fact is the world hasn't ended.  

Sure, he could have made a pass instead of taking a bad shot in that third period against the Habs and sure that could have been the difference maker in that annoying game, but he's still in the Plus column inspite of 20+ minutes a night.  

Let's all just take a moment to be happy it isn't panning out like everyone assumed it would... yet.  

MacDonald is a bottom pairing defenseman. It's unfortunate that he makes double of what he's actually worth, but he will most likely be in the line-up next season anyways.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, King Knut said:

Well we've had a week of MadDonald and while I'm sure we'd all still much rather have MDZ in the lineup, the fact is the world hasn't ended.  

If you can get him to stop making blind passes up the middle of the ice in his own zone, I would greatly appreciate it......He reminds me of how Denis Siedenberg was when he played here, moments of looking decent to even a positive player to  WTF was that?!?!?!

9 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

If you can get him to stop making blind passes up the middle of the ice in his own zone, I would greatly appreciate it......He reminds me of how Denis Siedenberg was when he played here, moments of looking decent to even a positive player to  WTF was that?!?!?!

Yeah, he does seemt o be trying to force "big plays" a bit more than he should be.  Luckily it hasn't resulted in too many Goals Against, but mostly it makes me think if he'd played the full year under Hakstol, he'd be in much better shape and probably a more consistent contributor than Medvedev or Manning (who both give me agita).  There's just such a cloud over him because of his contract that it's impossible to see things clearly.  

42 minutes ago, King Knut said:

There's just such a cloud over him because of his contract that it's impossible to see things clearly.  

His contract IS the cloud. I don't blame him for signing it but he is 200% overpaid (literally or figuratively) for what he is actually worth skill-wise. Behind Bryzgalov,his is the next worst contract ever signed by a Flyer GM.

On 2/22/2016 at 5:45 PM, flyerrod said:

His contract IS the cloud. I don't blame him for signing it but he is 200% overpaid (literally or figuratively) for what he is actually worth skill-wise. Behind Bryzgalov,his is the next worst contract ever signed by a Flyer GM.

1200x-1.jpg

giphy-2.gif?w=1132&h=448

On 2/22/2016 at 6:45 PM, flyerrod said:

Just plant some Oxy in his bags and send him over the border

Problem solved

10 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Just plant some Oxy in his bags and send him over the border

Problem solved

They should have done that when he got married in Bermuda last year...

2 hours ago, Caper44 said:

I think AMac has been their best D man since being called up. Playing much better.

That is certainly pushing it..........puff-puff-pass sure he has played better but slow your roll........

Archived