Ghost : The incredible final totals

jammer2

Streit's due 4 million next year. He's also an over-35 contract, so I hope he doesn't retire. With MDZ back, 3rd pairing minutes/2nd PP time, Streit's among the least of my worries for next year. He's not going to be the guy he was last year, but they shouldn't need him to be, either. And if they do, there are bigger problems.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

sometimes i wonder if we watch the same games...Striet has been fine.

I agree. Not sure what you're seeing....but i'm ok agreeing to disagree. I have not been impressed by him at all.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Now you want to talk about McDud suddenly looking low functioning in the offensive zone...we'll we can talk about that.

I feel he is the sole reason Ghost's game has slowed a lot....Ghost wants to move the puck forward and skate forward and his damn partner is always skating and taking the puck in the opposite direction....give him the puck between the dots and i swear he has to take it behind the damn net to regain his friggin composure....just a boat anchor to any creativity Ghost is trying to bring...i hate to see Ghost pass the puck to that damn pylon especially if he doesn't immediately pass it back i say great here comes a turnover or a shot into someone's shin pad....so as you can tell i would rather dress Medvedev than Mcdud...in hartbeat.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree. Not sure what you're seeing....but i'm ok agreeing to disagree. I have not been impressed by him at all.

in my mind there is a wide gap between "fine" and "impressed"  I don't hate the player or his game, he is not the same guy as the last two years though I see that, i also see that he's far from being our worst defenseman. 

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

in my mind there is a wide gap between "fine" and "impressed"  I don't hate the player or his game, he is not the same guy as the last two years though I see that, i also see that he's far from being our worst defenseman. 

Oh i don't hate him just call it like i see it...and yeah he isn certainly is their worst that honor still belong to Mcdud i'm afraid.

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feel he is the sole reason Ghost's game has slowed a lot....Ghost wants to move the puck forward and skate forward and his damn partner is always skating and taking the puck in the opposite direction....give him the puck between the dots and i swear he has to take it behind the damn net to regain his friggin composure....just a boat anchor to any creativity Ghost is trying to bring...i hate to see Ghost pass the puck to that damn pylon especially if he doesn't immediately pass it back i say great here comes a turnover or a shot into someone's shin pad....so as you can tell i would rather dress Medvedev than Mcdud...in hartbeat.

Ghost game slowed (if you can call it that) because teams started trying to pay attention to him.  I also happen to think Ghost started paying attention to other facets of the game a bit more and working toward how to utilize his unbelievable skill set to help the team win in other ways besides scoring goals.   I noticed him being the guy who would have had the "third assist" a lot more in the last month or so for instance.  Plays like that keep at the blue line...  him paying more attention to his defensive positioning.  

You don't want him with Medvedev or Manning.  Trust me.  That would be two defensive liabilities on the ice at the same time.  Really bad idea.  

I'd consider putting him with Gudas if things get desperate, but in the mean time, Mac is the best option for Ghost's pairing.   If Mac isn't helping inspirational offense, then he's probably doing what he's supposed to.  

We don't have Coburn anymore or he'd be the guy.  

A lot of thought provoking insight in this thread....in particular, who was helped the most, Panarin with Kane or Ghost with Giroux and the rest of the top pp unit. I'm sneaking towards thinking that Panarin got the most help. Thing is, both Panarin and Ghost have amazing skill and both can create on their own...they both have the ability to make others around them better. I do think Ghost would be favoured to win the Calder if Panarin did not have Kane to play with on his regular line and on the top Hawks pp. The age difference is another factor, Panarin played against men in the KHL for years and years, Ghost...until last year was playing against kids in the NCAA...a BIG difference. Although the jump to the NHL is a huge jump up for both men, I believe Panarin was more prepared to play in the NHL than Ghost....that should work against Panarin a bit, when deciding on the Calder.

Bottom line for me, the Flyers are NOT a playoff team without Ghost, while the Hawks would have been successful with or without Panarin....so my vote, it goes to Ghost, it's just unfortunate that he was held back early, cause the 60 pts he should have acquired with the extra games is a big jump up from his current 47 total.

I understand those wanting to vote for McDavid, he is the most skilled player, but damn...you gotta play the games, and he was hurt for to long. Ghost gets my vote.

16 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

A lot of thought provoking insight in this thread....in particular, who was helped the most, Panarin with Kane or Ghost with Giroux and the rest of the top pp unit. I'm sneaking towards thinking that Panarin got the most help. Thing is, both Panarin and Ghost have amazing skill and both can create on their own...they both have the ability to make others around them better. I do think Ghost would be favoured to win the Calder if Panarin did not have Kane to play with on his regular line and on the top Hawks pp. The age difference is another factor, Panarin played against men in the KHL for years and years, Ghost...until last year was playing against kids in the NCAA...a BIG difference. Although the jump to the NHL is a huge jump up for both men, I believe Panarin was more prepared to play in the NHL than Ghost....that should work against Panarin a bit, when deciding on the Calder.

Bottom line for me, the Flyers are NOT a playoff team without Ghost, while the Hawks would have been successful with or without Panarin....so my vote, it goes to Ghost, it's just unfortunate that he was held back early, cause the 60 pts he should have acquired with the extra games is a big jump up from his current 47 total.

I understand those wanting to vote for McDavid, he is the most skilled player, but damn...you gotta play the games, and he was hurt for to long. Ghost gets my vote.

This has pretty much been my stance for weeks now.  This is not a knock on McDavid. He will get his awards in due time, but missing nearly a 1/2 half the season is certainly not his fault BUT a reality.  As the saying goes...you have to play to win.

Archived