Eastern Conference QF Game 3 - Capitals at Flyers - Apr 18 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

7 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Yea, we made the playoffs! F*#king great! We get to draft 15th! Yea! We get 4 more years of this Yea! Comcast gets richer! Yea! We scored first ! All right! 

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Actually this is what bring about change...and the more embarrassing the quicker decisions will be made. And let's be honest they need to be made.

The last i want to ever see of Schultz, Streit, Gagner, Read, Manning, Mcdud and RJ ever on a Flyer roster. Ever! Bring on the change.

agreed I do not want to see any of them next yr

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is one thing to lose. It's another for a team to lose composure.  The Caps are far better but I have to agree with others--the O and B is just out of it.  It was an embarrassment. 

I suspect the hit on Orpik may get additional scrutiny.  Bad..very bad. 

21 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Yea, we made the playoffs! F*#king great! We get to draft 15th! Yea! We get 4 more years of this Yea! Comcast gets richer! Yea! We scored first ! All right! 

So they miss the playoffs and draft 14th?? Big deal. This demoralizing ass whooping can serve as a learning experience for the guys who are left on the team ask the Caps how motivated they are by the Ranger's upset they put on them last year??

Ask the Bruins about the loss the Flyers put on them coming back in the series up 3 games to none to go on and help motivate them to the Cup they won.

So this bad loss can serve a purpose so let's harness it. it's about all they can do now. Live and learn.

Hextall was taking notes...he was all too aware of what was happening.  

I suspect we will look back at this in a few weeks and say it was "defining," and that may include Mason in terms of his contract situation next year.  The post-game comparison of Holtby versus Mase is interesting--even Keith Jones is down on him.  He is not the only one to blame here though.

We had a "gallant" run for the playoffs. Hakstol instilled something but there is no post-season payoff.

This will be a very different squad by mid-season of 2016-17.

Just now, Howie58 said:

Hextall was taking notes...he was all too aware of what was happening.  

I suspect we will look back at this in a few weeks and say it was "defining," and that may include Mason in terms of his contract situation next year.  The post-game comparison of Holtby versus Mase is interesting--even Keith Jones is down on him.  He is not the only one to blame here though.

We had a "gallant" run for the playoffs. Hakstol instilled something but there is no post-season payoff.

This will be a very different squad by mid-season of 2016-17.

Don't be shocked if some coaching staff changes happen....like Gord and Lappy gone....bring Kimmo onto the bench...Flyers need a guy like him...Gord has shown me nothing with these guys!!!

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I suspect we will look back at this in a few weeks and say it was "defining," and that may include Mason in terms of his contract situation next year

You're dead onto something my friend next year will be a huge year between Mase and Neuvy...the loser will be traded out more than likely for something maybe........

21 minutes ago, FlyersFan4Life said:

The last i want to ever see of Schultz, Streit, Gagner, Read, Manning, Mcdud and RJ ever on a Flyer roster. Ever! Bring on the change.

Get rid of those guys Hextall......................and i will be able to dance my jig!!!!

W7hl5tc_zpsc7ioqzgi.gif

DO IT!!! Put Kimmo on the bench in Gord's spot!! DO IT!!!!

I have had two glasses of a good Red blend.  The evening doesn't seem any nicer.  I doubt a third will matter.  This is a bad night in Flyerdom.  It's sad this came on a night honoring Mr. Snider.  OMG...maybe G-d wouldn't want him to witness this debacle.  Bad.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't be shocked if some coaching staff changes happen....like Gord and Lappy gone....bring Kimmo onto the bench...Flyers need a guy like him...Gord has shown me nothing with these guys!!!

In fairness to Gord, he's not working with much back there.  They are just over matched in every possible way this series.  If anything it shows Hextall and the brass to go ahead and continue on the path of drafting and developing.  This team still has much work to do.  

3 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

In fairness to Gord, he's not working with much back there.

Oh trust me i know i have been watching. I'm just using this opportunity to get Kimmo on the bench...nothing against Gord but he ain't got nothing on Kimmo!

After my Flyers are eliminated i am pulling for the Sharks!!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh trust me i know i have been watching. I'm just using this opportunity to get Kimmo on the bench...nothing against Gord but he ain't got nothing on Kimmo!

After my Flyers are eliminated i am pulling for the Sharks!!

I'd actually prefer to see Kimmo get an assistant position in Lehigh Valley.  That way he can get his hands on Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, etc while they are still in the early development stages.  

4 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

I'd actually prefer to see Kimmo get an assistant position in Lehigh Valley.  That way he can get his hands on Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, etc while they are still in the early development stages.  

I'd be ok with that too.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they miss the playoffs and draft 14th?? Big deal. This demoralizing ass whooping can serve as a learning experience for the guys who are left on the team ask the Caps how motivated they are by the Ranger's upset they put on them last year??

Ask the Bruins about the loss the Flyers put on them coming back in the series up 3 games to none to go on and help motivate them to the Cup they won.

So this bad loss can serve a purpose so let's harness it. it's about all they can do now. Live and learn.

You're right drafting 14th or 15th or 16th isn't going to make a difference. Getting knocked out 4 straight or in 5 games will leave a bitter taste in their mouths. I was hoping for a victory tonight because of the whole Snider tribute but it didn't happen. It's Stanley cup or bust for the Capitals this year considering Ovechkin and the Caps have never made the 3rd round of the playoffs as long as Ovie has played in Washington. It's a definite learning experience for Hackstol and the young Flyers but I'm sure Hexie will stick to his plan.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers have taken 178 shots this series -- 84 of them have gotten on net (47%) -- 2 went past Holtby. 60 blocked, the rest missed wide.

And of the 84 that have gotten on net I think 80 of them have gone unscreened with about 50 of those coming from near the boards by the faceoff circle... 

It's disturbing watching the difference in PK/PP between the two teams. When we are on PP the Caps are going right after our point men who can't seem to handle the pressure. But at the same time, when they are given the chance, they refuse to take the quick shot or one=timer. Instead they seem content on dumping it to the side of the net and having the wingers take soft wristers right into Holtby's belly.

On the other hand, on our PK, we have 4 guys scrunched into a tight box around Mason, while they just watch the Caps pass it around the horn and pick and choose who and when they want to shoot....

1 minute ago, filly4life said:

And of the 84 that have gotten on net I think 80 of them have gone unscreened with about 50 of those coming from near the boards by the faceoff circle... 

It's disturbing watching the difference in PK/PP between the two teams. When we are on PP the Caps are going right after our point men who can't seem to handle the pressure. But at the same time, when they are given the chance, they refuse to take the quick shot or one=timer. Instead they seem content on dumping it to the side of the net and having the wingers take soft wristers right into Holtby's belly.

On the other hand, on our PK, we have 4 guys scrunched into a tight box around Mason, while they just watch the Caps pass it around the horn and pick and choose who and when they want to shoot....

DEAD ON!!!! And it's hard to watch and i'm almost hoarse from screaming at my TV. I'm done. I will watch the next game but i won't be glued to the set i'll have it on and do my thing around the house.

It's jsut frustrating to watch the Flyers just get abused. Reminds me of the 1997 SC Finals against the Redwings. It was like they were just toying with us. Every time the Flyers show any hint of life, the Caps just stifle it, go down the ice and get a goal. Or Mason gives up a back breaking softy... like Hextall in that series. 

If you watch we will spend a minute in the offensive zone, we will control the puck but never really generate any real threat to score. Often times not even getting a shot on goal.  Finally the Caps will get the puck, skate it down, and in 10 seconds get a better scoring chance then we could even dream of getting. 

Back to the PP/PK... the Flyers jsut look scared and unsure of themselves. They are so afraid of making mistakes against this more skilled team, that it's causing them to make more mistakes. It reminds me of when I'm watching the NCAA Tournament and the #1 and #2 seeds are in a battle in the first round. Then in the second half they do a full court press and all of a sudden the lower seeded teams start looking like a JV squad and end up having 3-4 turnovers in a row and can't get the ball upcourt. 

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

DEAD ON!!!! And it's hard to watch and i'm almost hoarse from screaming at my TV. I'm done. I will watch the next game but i won't be glued to the set i'll have it on and do my thing around the house.

I just don't get how they haven't decided to change it up. It's the SAME THING on every PK. It's like a shooting gallery where they just pray they can block the shots. Why Hakstoll hasn't tried to have them be more aggressive is beyond me. I mean what's the worst that can happen?! They miss the puck, the defense shifts and they let a guy wide open at the side of the net for an easy goal?! They scored five power play goals... FIVE!!! They are like 8 of 14(?) for the series?! That's pitiful... I'd rather see them sell out and attempt to break up passes then watch the Caps just blast away. Also, at this point I think I'd take Mason one-on-one downlow than having him attempting to stop one-timers that are screened by 6 players.

Archived