Pending UFA Medvedev arrested for DUI

radoran

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/flyers--evgeny-medvedev-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui-190727278.html

Police say that the 33-year-old Medvedev was pulled over for a traffic violation and later arrested.

No charges have been filed and toxicology reports are not in yet. Medvedev was later released from custody.

Doubtful he'll be back with the NHL, much less the Flyers, at this point...

Just now, aziz said:

no charges and he was released.  does that happen if he actually blew over the limit?  wouldn't he be charged right then and there?

Says toxicology not in yet.

Article says Hextall wouldn't comment. In another one, I saw the Flyers saying that Medvedev never really acclimated to life in North America.

50 minutes ago, radoran said:

Says toxicology not in yet.

that doesn't make a ton of sense, though.  if i get blasted and go out driving tonight and get pulled, they are going to know my blood alcohol in 45 minutes.  and they certainly aren't going to just let me go with a potential DUI hanging, not unless i post bail.  which requires charges filed.

i'm thinking he was driving like a weirdo, got pulled, cop didn't understand a word he said, and so took him in.  blew clean, they let him go...but the police blotter had an NHL player's name on it, and the morons on yahoo sports couldn't help themselves from putting together a bit free of detail but full of leading phrases, and thus ripe for gossipy speculation.  which is what good ol' puck daddy is best at.

maybe not.  but, it isn't like they had to send his body to the ME for a bone marrow scan.  

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Medvedev is charged with driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance and us or possession of drug paraphernalia.  His blood alcohol content was more than .16 percent - more than double the legal limit for drivers.

He was also cited for driving without a license, disregarding traffic lanes, and not using headlights according to various reports.

He is set to appear for a preliminary hearing on the charges on June 15, and is automatically enrolled in the NHL / NHLPA substance abuse program.

Archived