Orpik on Maatta

nossagog

Orpik on Maata  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many Games for Orpik?

• 5 or more

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  I'm chuckling way too long at this.  hahahaha

penguin-slap-into-ice.gifOn our old site you could have animated gifs for an avatar.  This was mine, makes me laugh all the time

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

Brooks Orpik suspended 3 games.

Long overdue. Glad to see the league doing something right for a change. Next up, the Cap's captain should earn a few with his leave your skates and finish with the forearm(s) to the head checks.....and this is from someone who would prefer the Caps to beat the Pens.

This is coming from a huge Caps fan and I feel the punishment for Orpik is point on. His shot was a cheap one and should be punished. Rules are rules and the league should start handing out suspensions accordingly no matter what team if the foul institutes it.

Orpik owned up to the hit.  Admitted it was late and a bad hit and he accepted the suspension.  Good on him for that.

Trotz was more of a jackass about it and tried to compare the Bellemare hit/suspension to this one.

“I’m disappointed obviously with the suspension,” Trotz said. “Looking at it as Brooks said, it was a little bit late. I’m more disappointed in the length than anything. Dmitry Orlov (hit from Pierre-Edouard Bellemare) in the previous series, I thought it was career-ending. They get one game.

“I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised based on who we’re playing and all that. We’ll just go forward.”

When asked to clarify his statement, making sure he meant to lob such an accusation, Trotz doubled down in his reply: “Yes. Take it for whatever you want.”

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Orpik owned up to the hit.  Admitted it was late and a bad hit and he accepted the suspension.  Good on him for that.

Trotz was more of a jackass about it and tried to compare the Bellemare hit/suspension to this one.

“I’m disappointed obviously with the suspension,” Trotz said. “Looking at it as Brooks said, it was a little bit late. I’m more disappointed in the length than anything. Dmitry Orlov (hit from Pierre-Edouard Bellemare) in the previous series, I thought it was career-ending. They get one game.

“I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised based on who we’re playing and all that. We’ll just go forward.”

When asked to clarify his statement, making sure he meant to lob such an accusation, Trotz doubled down in his reply: “Yes. Take it for whatever you want.”

Career Ending?  - Orlov was not injured on the play; he returned to the game minutes later and ultimately assisted on the Caps’s sixth goal.  lol

I think Trotz has some residual butthurt w/r to the Flyers since the Weber offer.

14 hours ago, hf101 said:

Career Ending?  - Orlov was not injured on the play; he returned to the game minutes later and ultimately assisted on the Caps’s sixth goal.  lol

I think Trotz has some residual butthurt w/r to the Flyers since the Weber offer.

Trotz is trying to supplant  Tortsie as the biggest whiner behind the bench?

Archived