Flyers Draft - Carter Hart, G, Everett

AJgoal

Getting the #1 ranked goalie at 48 is pretty good. Just saw the interview with him. The kids had been doing psychology and "vision training" since he was 9. I like this pick.

9 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

Wasn't the Sweedish guy the Pens got the top ranked? Wtf was Calgary doing?

I wasn't sure either, but that's what they kept saying on the broadcast.

12 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Getting the #1 ranked goalie at 48 is pretty good. Just saw the interview with him. The kids had been doing psychology and "vision training" since he was 9. I like this pick.

I know Craig Button sometimes spits things out to be controversial, but if this draft somehow goes how he ranked it, the Flyers did very well for themselves. Hexy showed a nice blend of taking best player and when Hart was there for the taking, abandoned his first set of plans to compensate for such a valued prize to be sitting there for the taking. To produce his kinda numbers in the CHL, he MUST have had a very strong defense in front of him....but I'm just thrilled to have him in the farm system. Mason should be worried, very worried.

13 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I know Craig Button sometimes spits things out to be controversial, but if this draft somehow goes how he ranked it, the Flyers did very well for themselves. Hexy showed a nice blend of taking best player and when Hart was there for the taking, abandoned his first set of plans to compensate for such a valued prize to be sitting there for the taking. To produce his kinda numbers in the CHL, he MUST have had a very strong defense in front of him....but I'm just thrilled to have him in the farm system. Mason should be worried, very worried.

This kid beat Blackwood out for the CHL goalie of the year that is impressive as hell to me considering he doesn't even turn 18 till September.

So we can just sit and let him marinate playing junior for 3 more years till he is even a thought for the Phantoms. By then some of the goalie situation i expect will be clearer.

One thing is for sure they are stacked in net now. If one of these kid doesn't pan out it won't be cause they didn't try.

Archived