LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandstrom stops 19 of 20 and Lindblom with a goal and +2 in Brynas' 4-1 win. 

Lindblom becomes only the 16th player in SHL history to hit 20 goals in a season before age 21.

38 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Sandstrom stops 19 of 20 and Lindblom with a goal and +2 in Brynas' 4-1 win. 

Lindblom becomes only the 16th player in SHL history to hit 20 goals in a season before age 21.

Lindblom is the 2nd leading goal scorer (20/22) and 3rd in points (43/49) in the SHL...at 20 having an excellent season.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Lindblom is the 2nd leading goal scorer (20/22) and 3rd in points (43/49) in the SHL...at 20 having an excellent season.

I think it's even odds he's on the Flyers next season. He's almost definitely played his last season in Sweden.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

I'd at least expect him to start in the A and be an early callup. 

Yeah. I assume he'll be back over on the Phantoms following Brynas' playoffs this year, and he'll almost certainly at least play for LV next year, though I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Flyers out of camp. I wonder if Sandstrom comes over at the end of the year too if the Flyers move Mason/Neuvirth and bring Stolarz back up.

4 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah. I assume he'll be back over on the Phantoms following Brynas' playoffs this year, and he'll almost certainly at least play for LV next year, though I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Flyers out of camp. I wonder if Sandstrom comes over at the end of the year too if the Flyers move Mason/Neuvirth and bring Stolarz back up.

We still need to have someone signed if we don't want to lose Stolarz. I'm not sure he's even on Vegas' radar, but it would suck putting all those years into him and not even see what he could do.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

We still need to have someone signed if we don't want to lose Stolarz. I'm not sure he's even on Vegas' radar, but it would suck putting all those years into him and not even see what he could do.

I meant one or the other - I doubt they trade both goalies. I still believe they'll sign one of the two to a short deal to be a bridge to Stolarz (or whomever). Barring that. they could send future considerations to the Isles for Halak, or try to get a pick/prospect from Dallas in return for taking either Lehtonen or Niemi's cap hit off their hands. All three of those options have only one year left on their deals.

23 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I meant one or the other - I doubt they trade both goalies. I still believe they'll sign one of the two to a short deal to be a bridge to Stolarz (or whomever). Barring that. they could send future considerations to the Isles for Halak, or try to get a pick/prospect from Dallas in return for taking either Lehtonen or Niemi's cap hit off their hands. All three of those options have only one year left on their deals.

Works for me. 

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

I'd take Halak.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I'd take Halak.

Based on prior performance and contract, so would I. But Dallas will have 22 million in cap space in the offseason, with only 7 forwards and 4 defensemen under contract. It's not terrible, but for a team that underperformed this year, you have to imagine they'd like to upgrade, including goaltending.  I wonder if Dallas would be willing to part with someone like Brett Ritchie to ditch one of their two goalies. If so, that's something I think you'd have to think about. Ritchie's young, big (6'3, 220), and doesn't have bad numbers (10-8-18, +14). Some questions about his motor, but he'd be a decent option at 3rd line RW. 

ETA: The Flyers are in a similar cap situation, but they need to replace bottom six players or players that aren't even playing, with the exception of goaltender and giving Ghost a new contract. Dallas has to replace Eaves, and are losing some vet leadership in Sharp and Oduya. Ritchie may be too much, but there are a few other players the Flyers could look at in Dallas' system.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Based on prior performance and contract, so would I. But Dallas will have 22 million in cap space in the offseason, with only 7 forwards and 4 defensemen under contract. It's not terrible, but for a team that underperformed this year, you have to imagine they'd like to upgrade, including goaltending.  I wonder if Dallas would be willing to part with someone like Brett Ritchie to ditch one of their two goalies. If so, that's something I think you'd have to think about. Ritchie's young, big (6'3, 220), and doesn't have bad numbers (10-8-18, +14). Some questions about his motor, but he'd be a decent option at 3rd line RW. 

Yeah but i don't think i want any part of those two clowns in net plus Ritchie is a RW they are pretty deep at RW for now.

However Halak is being a good soldier and played damn good for Bridgeport and i would take etherway over the other two mentioned.

Don't forget Phantoms have to make room for this guy next year...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=168017

He is having a good year for Harvard so far 22-5-2 918% 2.17 gaa.

Madsen and Lyon will make another solid tandem in net for Phantoms next year.

I could see Sandstrom staying in the SHL one more year due to the log jam in net.

Wow Phantoms could have Lindblom, Vorobiev and Ruby for their playoff run???

Rubtsov is eligible to join the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at any point and will very likely join them for at least their playoff run. He is also expected to sign his entry level contract with the Flyers anytime now.

http://sonsofpenn.com/german-rubtsov-filthy-goal-qmjhl-chicoutimi/

Nice.

13 hours ago, AJgoal said:

That is just filthy sick...When the time comes I hope his game transitions well to the NHL level. 

Amazing the talent Hexy has drafted...

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

That is just filthy sick...When the time comes I hope his game transitions well to the NHL level. 

Amazing the talent Hexy has drafted...

Flyers sign first round pick German Rubtsov to an entry-level contract

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-sign-first-round-pick-german-rubtsov-to-an-entry-level-contract/

Archived