LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You could be right. Lyon does have the more impressive resume and pedigree.

And he is a year older.

Hextall had a reason for signing the kid.

Also a reason they burned a year of his entry level deal just to get him signed.

He is hedging his bets like you say of Stolie isn't ready or can't handle a backup role in the NHL.

They have to make room on the farm.

He and Lyon need a new deal.

Merrick Madsen is ready for AHL duty after his club is done with playoffs.

Then you have Sandstrom who could come over or due to lack of space in the AHL let him play another year in the SHL.

Not sure what Hexy's is going to do but at least for a change they have a few options.

Ya, I'm not overly concerned since Hextall has at least realized drafting goalies gives you a shot at developing one. We have several who have potential...and it's not like he's 27-28...I just thought Stolarz would be making more of an impression by now.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, I'm not overly concerned since Hextall has at least realized drafting goalies gives you a shot at developing one. We have several who have potential...and it's not like he's 27-28...I just thought Stolarz would be making more of an impression by now.

Well he played well before the callup and since he was sent back down the whole team hasn't played as well.

They have had to deal with some injuries and guys shuffled around.

Leier is still out with concussion issues, Martel still out with injury although he just started back skating and Hagg has missed the last 4 games (and still don't know or haven't seen what is wrong with him).

And from reports from Tony A. he is a huge loss for them he was playing damn well playing a shutdown type of role foe them befoee he went out.

Not that any of that is an excuse just saying. But they will hwt it all together by playoffs. How far they go i couldn't guess.

Phantoms win again. Beat Utica 4-1.

Lyon with 36 saves. 

Goals by Macdonald, Brennan, NAK and Sanheim his 10th also 2nd in two nights.

Three Stars

Question on Brennan. Is there any chance for this guy in the NHL? Phantoms leading scorer. I know he's 27 but I wonder if he has an NHL future or is basically a career minor leaguer. 

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Question on Brennan. Is there any chance for this guy in the NHL? Phantoms leading scorer. I know he's 27 but I wonder if he has an NHL future or is basically a career minor leaguer. 

I don't think he could be any worse in his own end than Mcdud.

And at least he can score and handle the puck but i doubt he gets a serious look.

I don't agree with it but it might be the reality of it.

Just now, brelic said:

Brennan's been up in the NHL but never for very long. He's not a great defender. He's got 13 points in 53 games (5 goals, 8 assists), but is a combined -22, playing for Toronto, Florida, and Buffalo.

Ghost wasn't on the Lehigh roster on the trade deadline, so he's ineligible. Not sure if it works the same way for Provorov since he's juniors-elligible.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Ghost wasn't on the Lehigh roster on the trade deadline, so he's ineligible. Not sure if it works the same way for Provorov since he's juniors-elligible.

I think that only applies to guys who are subject to waivers like Weal was and the reason he was sent down. Guys on their entry level contracts can be sent down at anytime. Or at least i was under the impression that was the case.

If people haven't watched Bunnaman play yet, you've got to watch him. I get that he's listed as a center, but this is a guy who can play the left wing and has a heck of a shot. A legitimate goal scoring prospect who has vastly improved his skating and has some size to him (6'3, 214 pounds). If he keeps things up, there's no reason to believe he won't get an invite to the WJC camp over the summer. Hextall got a steal of a player in the fourth round. Very excited that he can have a Tim Kerr-like presence in the slot.

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think that only applies to guys who are subject to waivers like Weal was and the reason he was sent down. Guys on their entry level contracts can be sent down at anytime. Or at least i was under the impression that was the case.

No, that's not true. Gostisbehere is no longer waiver exempt. Waivers is not contract based, it's experience (games played) based

38 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

No, that's not true. Gostisbehere is no longer waiver exempt. Waivers is not contract based, it's experience (games played) based

Yeah Ghost can't be sent down but Ivan can.

Ok i tried to copy and paste it but it looked like crap. Basically Ghost has 60 games which he is over.

Laughton has 80. Ivan has 160 games.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Ghost can't be sent down but Ivan can.

Ok i tried to copy and paste it but it looked like crap. Basically Ghost has 60 games which he is over.

Laughton has 80. Ivan has 160 games.

Provorov would be much better suited for getting the summer off (after playing in the World Championships). He had a long season.

13 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Provorov would be much better suited for getting the summer off (after playing in the World Championships). He had a long season.

I would not have a problem with that. He has played a lot of games this year logging some big minutes.

In fact after just typing that i totally agree and would prefer that he rest and prepare for next year.

Archived