Flyers development camp starts Thursday: roster

jammer2

The Flyers released their roster for the annual prospects development camp, which starts on Thursday, July 7th. There is one glaring omission, no listing of Philippe Myers from the Quebec League. I'm assuming he is injured, anyone have conformation, I googled it and didn't find anything.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20160706_Young_Flyers_to_gather_at_development_camp.html

21 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

The Flyers released their roster for the annual prospects development camp, which starts on Thursday, July 7th. There is one glaring omission, no listing of Philippe Myers from the Quebec League. I'm assuming he is injured, anyone have conformation, I googled it and didn't find anything.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20160706_Young_Flyers_to_gather_at_development_camp.html

Yeah this was covered in the LV Phantoms thread. Not sure if it was the old or new one. But yeah he have surgery and will be out but he should be ready for the start of his team's junior season with no issues.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah this was covered in the LV Phantoms thread. Not sure if it was the old or new one. But yeah he have surgery and will be out but he should be ready for the start of his team's junior season with no issues.

ahhh, just my luck, the one Flyer thread I have not read through....figures.

@AJgoal

Very nice read. thanks for sharing.  I'm really excited to hear how some of these guys have progressed.  Sanheim now a tad over 200 lbs....that is great.  The added muscle will only help him improve even further.

• Provorov..well what else is there to say.... I am beginning to feel more and more that he will make the Flyers squad this year.  There is nothing else for him to prove in juniors.  I feel the same way about Konecny.
  • Allison, I believe, will surprise a lot of fans.  A really nice pick by Hexy. 
  • Laberge, as has been mentioned, some scouts had him listed as 1st round talent.  Nice to see him in O&B also.

Any word on  Lyons...read he was injured but I have yet to see any details.

Again thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

http://www.sportsology.com/flyers-development-camp-day-1/

I was hoping to get down there tomorrow, but looks like it'll be some time Sat/Sun. I'll let everyone know what I see.

I work literally 10 minutes away from the Skate Zone, I slipped over at lunch one day last year....couldn't get away today and not looking good tomorrow....stupid work getting in the way of religion 

So that is good news that Travis Konecny is up to 183 pounds at 5-10 i can't seeing him weighing much more and maintaining his speed maybe up to 190 tops in a year or two.

But 183 is big enough to play in the NHL.

CmxjI2jXYAAeUt7.jpg

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So that is good news that Travis Konecny is up to 183 pounds at 5-10 i can't seeing him weighing much more and maintaining his speed maybe up to 190 tops in a year or two.

But 183 is big enough to play in the NHL.

CmxjI2jXYAAeUt7.jpg

Yes, that stood out for me also, Travis gaining weight was pleasant news. Sounds like they are concentrating more on the teaching aspect than scrimmage, but hopefully they do have a few mock games and we can get some reports. Hard to report on drills etc.

On 7/6/2016 at 5:36 AM, jammer2 said:

Konecny can’t jump on one leg 

http://flyzette.com/2016/07/08/video-konecny-cant-jump-on-one-leg/

:5726b5fbef6cc_pyramiddance:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Konecny can’t jump on one leg 

http://flyzette.com/2016/07/08/video-konecny-cant-jump-on-one-leg/

:5726b5fbef6cc_pyramiddance:

Ha....what an odd drill. Seems like a very easy way to injure an ankle etc....I know agility is needed, but it's more of a muscle twitch reaction than something you can plan for, no?

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think he is just sick from reports.

Petr Hubacek...the stiff we drafted in 1998....why is Homer dropping his name? Played like 2 career NHL games? #puzzling.

11 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Petr Hubacek...the stiff we drafted in 1998....why is Homer dropping his name? Played like 2 career NHL games? #puzzling.

Yeah i wish he would have elaborated on that more i'm sure he was using him as a comparison or something.

On 7/6/2016 at 8:36 AM, pilldoc said:

@OccamsRazor

@jammer2

The other noticeable omission is Rubtsov which also has been mentioned before in regard to getting him out of his KHL contract and probably VISA issues.

Reported today he is locked into the KHL contract for 2 years and will not be getting out of it.

11 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Reported today he is locked into the KHL contract for 2 years and will not be getting out of it.

Yeah i seen that it's fine. It will give him time to transform into Pavel Malkin for @flyercanuck

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

damm ... really wanted him over here sooner to get used to North American style hockey and be under the watchful eye of the Flyers...but I guess he is going to have to develop over there instead.  He realistically wasn't going to sniff being with the Flyers for at least 2 years anyway.  Oh well.... like @OccamsRazor said..will give him time to turn into a Pavel Malkin clone. :cool[1]:

Stopped in this afternoon for a bit. Started out watching some goalie drills. 

Lyon seemed pretty quick. Seemed to track the puck well. A couple of times he seemed to over commit side to side and kicked the puck out in front of an open net. Madsen is really big. Good puck tracking, but had some trouble with deflections. Also had one stick save where he directed the puck over his shoulder and into the net. Sandstrom was just all around solid. Good side-to-side control. Had a couple good stops on Konecny that I saw in the Group 1 drills.

Watching group 1, it was hard not to get mesmerized by Provorov's skating. Very compact stride and excellent body control. That said, Hagg's skating didn't seem too far behind. Provorov also had several good shots in drills. Konecny is fast, good hard shot. He and Fazleev seemed to have a bit of a rapport going. Bernhardt is a big, lanky kid. Skating wasn't as smooth as Hagg or Provorov, but he was able to keep Konecny outside pretty well in a one-on-one. Hogberg is really slight, he's listed as 6'1 but he seems smaller. He struggled some in one on ones, Goulborne went around him pretty easily at one point. Vala is interesting, think he's an invite. Really big kid, biggest in group 1. Skates well, though I don't think as well as Morin. Got beat outside, but used his reach well to deny the forward. Decent shot.

I only watched a bit of group 2. Morin was out on the ice, which is good since he had strep the past couple of days on top of the abdominal/hip surgery he had this summer. Allison moved pretty well for a bigger guy, and has a pretty good wrister. I don't know if Tomek was having a bad day or what. I'm probably exaggerating, but it seemed like guys scored on him 50% of the time. Hart looked very good in goal. Moved well and stopped just about everything. Freidman has a really nice release, and seemed bigger than the 5'10 they list him at.

It's really hard to judge these kids based on drills, but there's certainly a lot of skill there. I saw both Hakstol and Hextall on the balcony watching group 1. I think Pryor was up there watching both groups at various times. 

Archived