Nichushkin: "NHL is too Ruff on me." Returns to KHL

yave1964

th?&id=OIP.M954f3a7c46d4c5954a10b5a222d5Let me start by stating that I am not a huge fan of Lindy Ruff, one of my kids dated a niece of his a few years ago and I got an autographed Ryan Miller jersey out of it (true story, swear to God, I never mentioned it previously in here because of a certain Miller fan and the fear that he would stalk me and try to steal the jersey, lol and the fear that something that insane would sound untrue but I swear on my grandbabies that it is indeed the Gods truth, lol). I have thought for years that he has gotten less out of more for a long time, that he got a pass in Buffalo for too long, but nobody ever said he does not know the game.

Valeri Nichushkin got out of his contract and returned to Mother Russia on a two year deal signing with Traktyor Chelyabinsk. The length of the deal is exactly how long Ruff has left on his deal. Valeri stated diplomatically that he would like to return to the Stars at some point. It is clear that he is leaving because of his deteriorating relationship with Ruff who has kept him in the bottom six on one of the most offensive minded clubs in the game because Nichushkin simply refuses to play any semblance of defense.

So poor Valeri has been picked on by his coach for you know, not playing a two hundred foot game as requested and he has taken his puck and went home. The signing of Hudler in Big D makes more and more sense now.

Good riddance cry baby. 9 goals in 79 games on the best offensive club in the game, wow, how will they ever get along without you.

Wow...is all I can say.  And to think I argue, in another thread, how he needed time to grow in the League and that Lindy Ruff has been known to shuffle players around too much.  I was even giving him a pass because of his missing almost the entire year two years ago.

What does he think he is entitled to after really only two years in the League ....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!  Fine go back to mother Russia and pout.  Seriously with that type of attitude the Stars are far better off without him and his potential of being a cancer in the locker room.

You don't always get to play for a coach you like..that is life.  If I'm the Stars and when the time comes for Ruff to leave Dallas and Nich wants to then come back to Dallas, I would tell him to go pound sand.  By pulling this stunt he is showing his true colors as a player.

Granted he is young but he needs to simply grow up.

Wow..........

Image result for don't let the door hit you

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Valeri Nichushkin

Ha and i remember back in the 2013 draft several Flyer fans wanted him instead of Morin (who hasn't made the NHL himself at 21 and is obviously a bust :ph34r:) and the Stars jumped out and took him one pick before the Flyers.

Man i remember many were pissed about that.

But who knows maybe it could be like the Sanguinetti over Giroux pick years back guess we'll see.

Flyers fans would have been enraged and rightfully so to see a soft self entitled 6-4 Russian winger in Orange and Black.

I guess thank God for unanswered prayers.

Not sure why he would think he could/would work on his complete game in the KHL. Maybe because it's less physical out there and in the NHL you have to fight for your space make quick decisions and take a beating but c'mon man it isn't like he is small.

What a pu$$y!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ha and i remember back in the 2013 draft several Flyer fans wanted him instead of Morin (who hasn't made the NHL himself at 21 and is obviously a bust :ph34r:) and the Stars jumped out and took him one pick before the Flyers.

Man i remember many were pissed about that.

But who knows maybe it could be like the Sanguinetti over Giroux pick years back guess we'll see.

Flyers fans would have been enraged and rightfully so to see a soft self entitled 6-4 Russian winger in Orange and Black.

I guess thank God for unanswered prayers.

Not sure why he would think he could/would work on his complete game in the KHL. Maybe because it's less physical out there and in the NHL you have to fight for your space make quick decisions and take a beating but c'mon man it isn't like he is small.

What a pu$$y!

Many Oilers fans were upset that the club drafted Darnell Nurse instead of Nichushkin. I don't know if Nurse will work out the way people hoped he would on draft day (imo, his top end is Jason Smith with better speed, but last year was extremely rough for him), but I still think he was the right selection on draft day.

37 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Many Oilers fans were upset that the club drafted Darnell Nurse instead of Nichushkin. I don't know if Nurse will work out the way people hoped he would on draft day (imo, his top end is Jason Smith with better speed, but last year was extremely rough for him), but I still think he was the right selection on draft day.

Jason Smith with better speed sound like the right choice was made to me.

Young kid will have bumps along the way it's how they respond and grow from it or digress is what sperates them.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jason Smith with better speed sound like the right choice was made to me.

Young kid will have bumps along the way it's how they respond and grow from it or digress is what sperates them.

I'd be quite happy with that: would be a VERY good defenseman. My worry is that too many fans (and maybe even the Oilers) picture him as a #1, where I see no evidence he would carry anything close to the offense needed for that. For my part, if they could package Nurse with Yakupov for Trouba, I'd be on that like white on rice.

On 9/19/2016 at 5:02 PM, yave1964 said:

th?&id=OIP.M954f3a7c46d4c5954a10b5a222d5Let me start by stating that I am not a huge fan of Lindy Ruff, one of my kids dated a niece of his a few years ago and I got an autographed Ryan Miller jersey out of it (true story, swear to God, I never mentioned it previously in here because of a certain Miller fan and the fear that he would stalk me and try to steal the jersey

I think the real moral of this story is that @yave1964has been holding out on the fact he owns an autographed Ryan Miller jersey. You should have have just offered to sell it to HJ, I am sure he would have overpaid! :biggrin:

Not saying the Ruskie is right in what he pulled....but I have had personal interactions with Lindy Ruff and he was a tool. Back when he was a scout for Florida, he was in Windsor scouting Jovo...who they eventually drafted. He was smashed in the Spits bar after the game, kept bumming smokes off me and was a loser in general.

Archived