A Peter Holland Moment - How Touching

WordsOfWisdom

9 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Peter Holland, a Toronto Maple Leafs outcast who couldn't score a goal in Toronto and who was recently (as in like 48 hours ago) traded to Arizona scores the shootout winner against the Leafs. 

:hocky:

As a Flyer fan...I feel your pain. 

16 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Peter Holland, a Toronto Maple Leafs outcast who couldn't score a goal in Toronto and who was recently (as in like 48 hours ago) traded to Arizona scores the shootout winner against the Leafs. 

:hocky:

Diabolical

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

If he had performed like that for us, he might still be here. I am still not impressed Peter.... :hockey-penalty-box-smiley-emoticon:

Well now that he's not on the Leafs any more, he can go on to win the Rocket Richard trophy of course! (See, we were just holding him back all these years. His immense talent wasn't allowed to shine through in Toronto!)  :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

I've always thought Holland is an example of how management viewed the prospects. I've never been particularly fond of him and I felt that he was kept around due to lack of options in the AHL or wherever

I think he was extended because of this doubt and now that he's gone I think Lou and the boys see Kappy and Leipsic, perhaps, as viable NHLers maybe as soon as this year.

Archived