MTL/EDM trade Desharnais for Davidson

Wow...what is Edmonton thinking??

Trading away Connor McDavidson!?

Nuts, I tell you.

Trading away your generational talent....for a mini gnome like Desharnais?? What kind of organization is Edm running over there anyways?

All that losing all those years, they get their next Gretzky type, and they trade him. For a sawed-off French Canadian to boot....

I gotta say......huh?

What?

Oh....it was NOT Connor MCDAVID, but some other guy named DAVIDSON?

Well, then. That is different.

Emily Litella.jpg

6 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Did Craig MacTavish make this trade while Peter Chiarelli was in the can?

Maybe! haha

This just in. mike Commodore's twitter is hilarious. I am backtracking and laughing my ass off

16 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Did Craig MacTavish make this trade while Peter Chiarelli was in the can?

Hmm....maybe former GM Steve Tambellini sneaked into Oiler HQ, stole Chiarelli's password, made the deal with Bergevin, then snuck back out.

Tambellini probably thought it was the least he could do to show Edmonton that they let a fine GM go....

Devils advocate, from Edmonton's perspective:

RNH has been sucking hard this year, the second line of RNH, Lucic and Eberle is awful and out of sync. Desharnais is likely the 3C with a chance to move bodies such as Pouliot and Letestu.

Desharnais, warts and all is an energy guy who in spite of his size is fearless and should play well with Letestu who also gets the most out of his talent.

If RNH cannot get it together, Desharnais could, in a pinch step up to the second line or bodies within the middle six could be mixed and matched until they find a combo that works.

I am not saying that Desharnais is the best player in the world, not by a long shot but he sets up in front of the net if asked, he does anything ever asked of him and is an improvement over what they have had in his spot at a minimal cost. Davidson is meh at best and the team is slightly better with him on the team.

Archived