Development camp invitees

brelic

16 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Strome and Ratcliffe being fairly physical when up against each other.

Yes they are very good friends and have know each other awhile.

Also roomates for this camp.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart:

Sandstrom:

Hart/Sandstrom Movement Drill:

Tomek:

I have the most video of the second forward group. I was bouncing back and forth between the two rinks.

Unfortunately, the drills today were mostly individual ones without a ton of skating. I don't think I can make tomorrow's session, which I think will have forwards v. d shooting on prospect goalies.

24 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Thanks for watching guys. I think I have a few more, but I'd have to do some work on them and don't feel like it right now :P

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Great job!

On 7/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm hoping Kosorenkov ends up getting a contract. A little buzz saw on ice who plays bigger than his size and has a bit of sandpaper to his game. He's a Leo Komarov type player, and every team can use a guy like that. I also liked that he popped 34 goals in his first junior season, so you know he's got some decent hands. He could be another diamond in the rough like Myers was.

HDB only had Ivan's 1 year with Victoriaville. Elite Prospects had all his Euro stats, looks like this kid has always produced. Very nice to see. Even in his short playoff stints, he appeared to come up big, in all the leagues he played in....another positive sign. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=313588

Odd, I see Kase listed in the pdf I posted, but that does not necessarily mean he's playing, just maybe scheduled to play type of thing. 

I'm wondering if the pdf I posted just omitted Morin and Hagg, or perhaps it was done on purpose by the Flyers brass. It makes sense, they both are AHL vets and they know what they can do. Even omitting these two, the Flyers still had 11 dmen invited...my guess is they just want to concentrate on guys who are kind of an unknown quantity. 

First time I can EVER remember when I could make an entire team out of "legit" Flyers prospects

1st Line

Oskar Lindblom/Nolan Patrick/Wade Allison

2nd line

Issac Ratcliffe/German Rubtsov/Nicholas Abe-Kubel

3rd line

Mike Vecchoine/Pascal Leberge/Matthew Strome

4th line

Ivan Kosorenko/Connor Bunnaman/Noah Cates

Defense

1st pairing

Samuel Morin/ Philippe Myers

2nd pairing

Travis Sanheim/Mark Freedman

3rd Pairing

David Bernhardt/Linus Hoberg

Goalies

1)Carter Hart

2)Felix Sandstrom

3)Alex Lyon

4)Anthony Stolarz

What an amazing group when you look at them with lines and pairings! 

First time EVER Flyers ACTUALLY have 10 LEGIT Center prospects...

Ranking them long term...

1)Patrick Nolan...future potential star, all round ace, leader

2)German Rubtsov....1st rounder oozes talent

3)Connor Bunnaman...real life diamond in the rough....big, fast and smart with WICKED hands

4)Pascal Leberge....had a solid year in QHL. 

5)Mikhail Vorobyev....really like what this kid brings, obvious offensvie skills and very shifty/sneaky/smarts. Will play in the NHL. 

6)Morgan Frost....hard to rank this years late 1st rounder this low, but it's a testament to the Flyers SICK Center depth. 

7)Radek Fazleev....in danger of being passed by this latest round of talent, MUST impress in camp this year. 

8)Tanner Laczynski.....looked solid representing the USA in Dec's World Junior Tourny. Nice skater, vision up the ying/yang.

9)David Kase....kinda under the gun, another in danger of being passed over, but the skill is undeniable.

10)Anthony Salinitri....VERY respectable for being at the bottom of a top 10 list of C prospects. 

All of these Center prospects have things that act as a common denominators...

Smart......very aware of surroundings, ability to anticipate

Fast......all above average skaters....some elite.

Ability to utilize linemates properly

Tenacious competitors...all willing to take hits to keep the play alive. 

All strong on the forecheck. 

Most respectable in their own zone.

It appears Hexy has a certain template when it comes to stocking the cupboard!!

8 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

First time I can EVER remember when I could make an entire team out of "legit" Flyers prospects

1st Line

Oskar Lindblom/Nolan Patrick/Wade Allison

2nd line

Issac Ratcliffe/German Rubtsov/Nicholas Abe-Kubel

3rd line

Mike Vecchoine/Pascal Leberge/Matthew Strome

4th line

Ivan Kosorenko/Connor Bunnaman/Noah Cates

Defense

1st pairing

Samuel Morin/ Philippe Myers

2nd pairing

Travis Sanheim/Mark Freedman

3rd Pairing

David Bernhardt/Linus Hoberg

Goalies

1)Carter Hart

2)Felix Sandstrom

3)Alex Lyon

4)Anthony Stolarz

What an amazing group when you look at them with lines and pairings! 

First time EVER Flyers ACTUALLY have 10 LEGIT Center prospects...

Ranking them long term...

1)Patrick Nolan...future potential star, all round ace, leader

2)German Rubtsov....1st rounder oozes talent

3)Connor Bunnaman...real life diamond in the rough....big, fast and smart with WICKED hands

4)Pascal Leberge....had a solid year in QHL. 

5)Mikhail Vorobyev....really like what this kid brings, obvious offensvie skills and very shifty/sneaky/smarts. Will play in the NHL. 

6)Morgan Frost....hard to rank this years late 1st rounder this low, but it's a testament to the Flyers SICK Center depth. 

7)Radek Fazleev....in danger of being passed by this latest round of talent, MUST impress in camp this year. 

8)Tanner Laczynski.....looked solid representing the USA in Dec's World Junior Tourny. Nice skater, vision up the ying/yang.

9)David Kase....kinda under the gun, another in danger of being passed over, but the skill is undeniable.

10)Anthony Salinitri....VERY respectable for being at the bottom of a top 10 list of C prospects. 

All of these Center prospects have things that act as a common denominators...

Smart......very aware of surroundings, ability to anticipate

Fast......all above average skaters....some elite.

Ability to utilize linemates properly

Tenacious competitors...all willing to take hits to keep the play alive. 

All strong on the forecheck. 

Most respectable in their own zone.

It appears Hexy has a certain template when it comes to stocking the cupboard!!

I see you didn't have Vorobyev or Frost in your top lineup. Some thise two would bump Cates and Strome out the lineup.

Yeah they have some sick depth.

Imagine when they have to decide to go with Hart or Sandstrom....what a tough one.

I hope by then the Flyers will have a clear picutre and the guy who loses out more than likely could get traded for a nice haul or a piece who can help somewhere else immediately in the lineup.

Great problems to have.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I see you didn't have Vorobyev or Frost in your top lineup. Some thise two would bump Cates and Strome out the lineup.

Yeah, both Frost and Vorobeyev did not deserve to be left out of the 4 lines....but I just went by position listed in the pdf I posted. I didn't convert C's to wingers etc. It's a true testament to the group of Centers that Hexy has built from the ground up. 

I put Bunnaman ahead of Vorobeyev, but most would flip flop those two. Not me, I just LOVE what Bunnaman brings. It's hard to read into Vorobeyev just off the stats. I suspect he was playing a limited role in the KHL, probably a 4th line checking kinda things. The KHL is notorious for *not* giving kids a ton of playing time. In that league more than others, you have to pay your dues. 

The World Jr's spoke volumes about Vorobeyev. When playing against other elite kids his own age, he put up 10 assists in 7 tourny games, A VERY respectable number. I also recall 3 chances that could have easily been goals, including a crossbar and a missed open net on a tough deflection. 

Frost being a 1st rounder should include him in the 4 lines, but I just CANNOT leave Bunnaman out. Same for Leberge, I could not leave him out, very tough decision. 

Archived