Sweet memories....

BluPuk

I just finished re-watching one of my all-time favourite videos. Check it out, it's the one where Ron Hextall went after Chelios during the play-offs. I don't recall what year it was, what the score in the play-offs was, the score in the game or anything else. They don't matter to me. I just love the way Hextall played. Yah, I was a Leafs fan then like I am now, but something about that damned Chelios always irked me anyway. It was great to watch...... :VeryCool:

It's on the RH side of this page, enjoy. 

P.S. Can anyone move this post over to the Flyers area please......... 

19 hours ago, BluPuk said:

I just finished re-watching one of my all-time favourite videos. Check it out, it's the one where Ron Hextall went after Chelios during the play-offs. I don't recall what year it was, what the score in the play-offs was, the score in the game or anything else. They don't matter to me. I just love the way Hextall played. Yah, I was a Leafs fan then like I am now, but something about that damned Chelios always irked me anyway. It was great to watch...... :VeryCool:

It's on the RH side of this page, enjoy. 

P.S. Can anyone move this post over to the Flyers area please......... 

It was 1989 Flyers were down 4-2 in the game and 3-2 in the series.  As the series was about to be lost Hexy decided to take matters into his on hands to avenge a dirty brutal hit by Chellios on Brian Propp in game 1 that knocked him out of the series with an awful head injury (blood everywhere and a stretcher needed to remove Propp from the ice).  Hexy was suspended for 12 games the next season.

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Say, that's about the last time the Montreal Canadiens had testicles isn't it?  :IDunnoSmiley:

If only they would of let Roy and Hextall square off would have been the fight of the century!!!

Archived