Morin - It's time!

brelic

I'd send back Sanheim, and let him work on his game in the AHL for a spell. He's been the weakest defenseman. It's not a knock on him, just time to give someone else a handful of games.

Recall Morin and slot him with Manning or Gudas or Ghost.

We need a bit more sandpaper - the Jets really pushed us around last night. 

At this point, it's a great time to give Morin a chance while MacDonald is still out.

we could have said the same thing about Prov last year...   give the kid time.  Morin was absolutely brutal the other night coming back from an injury.   He needs games in A as well after being out for a while.   We are not on Morin away from being a good team...  Sanheim will be fine.

17 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

we could have said the same thing about Prov last year...   give the kid time.  Morin was absolutely brutal the other night coming back from an injury.   He needs games in A as well after being out for a while.   We are not on Morin away from being a good team...  Sanheim will be fine.

Oh, I agree. It's not a knock on Sanheim so much as it trying to change the dynamic a little bit with some more sandpaper. 

I might be Morin time just because Gudas is about sit for a few games. 

@brelic

However i agree Sanheim could use some work in the AHL to refine his defensive game and maybe find his offense again.

He seems to be pressing sometimes.

A little panicky with the puck perfect example the play with his turnover just inside the blueline that ended up going the other way in the net.

However who would take Sanheim's spot?

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I might be Morin time just because Gudas is about sit for a few games. 

@brelic

However i agree Sanheim could use some work in the AHL to refine his defensive game and maybe find his offense again.

He seems to be pressing sometimes.

A little panicky with the puck perfect example the play with his turnover just inside the blueline that ended up going the other way in the net.

However who would take Sanheim's spot?

I guess in the case where Gudas is suspended, Morin makes sense.

And may as well keep Sanheim in there too - because believe it or not, he has more NHL experience than Alt. 

6 hours ago, brelic said:

I'd send back Sanheim, and let him work on his game in the AHL for a spell. He's been the weakest defenseman. It's not a knock on him, just time to give someone else a handful of games.

Recall Morin and slot him with Manning or Gudas or Ghost.

We need a bit more sandpaper - the Jets really pushed us around last night. 

At this point, it's a great time to give Morin a chance while MacDonald is still out.

Now that Morin is apparently healthy again, and now that we will apparently need a D man again (thanks Radko).  Especially a Righty... It's definitely time for us to see what Morin can do.  I say let him have a game in the AHL to see if he's all there and then get him on a charter to Vancouver.  

5 hours ago, brelic said:

I guess in the case where Gudas is suspended, Morin makes sense.

And may as well keep Sanheim in there too - because believe it or not, he has more NHL experience than Alt. 

Sanheim is really kinda playing fine and getting the education he needs.  

If and when everyone's healthy and unsuspended again, we can talk about what to do with him.  It would be nice to get a glimpse or two at Morin before Hextall decides. Despite my assertion that Sanheim's playing well,  Manning's been pretty good also and as much as I'd like to advocate for benching him, if everyone's healthy again at some point, I think it'll take Sanheim going on a real tear on the score sheet and opening up those flood gates to make sending him to the Phantoms impossible.  

I wanted him and Morin up playing and working through their kinks.  Morin would have been up had it not been for whatever was wrong with him.  Hopefully that's cleared up.  

But I also want this team to get the idea of "losing is okay for now" out of their damn heads.

They are so complacent in these low scoring losses I don't know what to do with myself.

Andy Reid used to get this look on his face when he realized he was going to lose a game.  It was utter complacency... like Oh well.  Isn't that cute?  We're gonna lose.

I see that sometimes with these guys.. like "It doesn't really matter yet anyway."  That time is over.  It's time to win.  They've shown us that they're good enough now to skate with the best. As a result, when they don't and they just play bland boring getting beat hockey, we know it's in their damn heads.  At least it will be when they're not so banged up.  

This team would have at least 4 or 5 more wins and be at the top of the division if they had more fire and were more pissed off at playing so timidly in these games.

the Ginger line should have been doing backflips to try to get a goal in either MN game.  Weal, Konecney (I know they're dealing with crap line mates right now) but they should really have been showing us what they can do in order to generate something.

All else failing, the damn honey bees could have lit a fire under their butts and aimed in the general direction of the the MN net. 

instead zzzzzzzzzz.  It's been the same in all of these shut outs.  

3 hours ago, King Knut said:

Especially a Righty... It's definitely time for us to see what Morin can do

Well Morin is a lefty.

Alt is a righty.

Myers, Willcox and Friedman are righties.

I hope Sam get a call. He needs it.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Morin is a lefty.

Alt is a righty.

Myers, Willcox and Friedman are righties.

I hope Sam get a call. He needs it.

Sorry I didn't clarify.  Morin has said he's comfortable on the right despite being a lefty.  May just be something he said to the press to make him seem like a good option, but still...

I don't think Alt should be the next call up, but I'm starting to wonder why he's taking up an AHL spot if he's never gonna get promoted? It's been what, 4 years in the AHL now? I suppose he will be released if he does not get the call this season. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

I don't think Alt should be the next call up, but I'm starting to wonder why he's taking up an AHL spot if he's never gonna get promoted? It's been what, 4 years in the AHL now? I suppose he will be released if he does not get the call this season. 

Alt has been with the flyers since ghost was injured. They never sent him back to the phantoms. 

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Alt has been with the flyers since ghost was injured. They never sent him back to the phantoms. 

I would be ok with giving the kid another game.

He has played ok.

Nothing that stood out as a concern he looked to play smart and keep it simple.

Plus he would a right hand shot so it would be nice to have at least one in the lineup. He skates well and brings some size (6-4 210) back there which he uses to separate the puck from the opposition 

...or Morin could be a project that will take some time to develop. All these guys learn this level at their own pace. Hagg is example A, when Samuel gets his chance, a real look, it will be because he's ready. I believe Hextall will give this group of young defenseman a fair shake. I don't think it's time to make assumptions about the how the organization regards Morin.

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Hagg is example A

Hagg also had another year of AHL time to work on his game because he came over early....and Morin had to go back to junior.

They were drafted  the same year however Hagg has 202 AHL.

Morin only has 160.

So i have faith he will get here.

I believe it will be sometime this year.

As you say no path is the same.

Brandon Manning is a UFA at the end of this year so i could see at some point maybe when they want to give Morin a shot they could just trade Manning for something because with the current log jam and more to come why let him walk and get nothing for him.

Yet i could see them keeping him to for the playoff push.

20 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Ah, have not seen a game since Ghost got hurt, that would explain that. Had them all saved on DVR, ran out of room and deleted them...lol. 

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

...or Morin could be a project that will take some time to develop. All these guys learn this level at their own pace. Hagg is example A, when Samuel gets his chance, a real look, it will be because he's ready. I believe Hextall will give this group of young defenseman a fair shake. I don't think it's time to make assumptions about the how the organization regards Morin.

This makes sense. The kid can skate nicely for a big giant, and has a mean streak, what is there not to like?  If Hexy thinks he's not ready, or it would be detrimental to his confidence to rush him up, I'm fine with that, I trust Ron. 

Archived