Elliott to IR, Lyon recalled

AJgoal

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hak finally broke him.

Hope he is happy now.

Now he can play Neuvy 16 straight.

Has Vasilievsky even started that many games in a row? And he's 23! Not 32. 

I hope Hak gives Lyon a shot.

9 hours ago, King Knut said:

Seems like it’s retroactive.  He may not be out for long.  

No, but I wonder how the brain trust didn't see this coming when they'd played him almost half of his career high in games in a row.

53 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

No, but I wonder how the brain trust didn't see this coming when they'd played him almost half of his career high in games in a row.

I think they did.

They just didn't care.

They worry about the bridge when they get to it. Can't have to much planning.

#winning

Has anything been said about the nature of Elliott's injury, other than that it is lower body?

So he's out for at least 7 more days (unless they make it retroactive).  That means he misses four games at a minimum.

[To clarify: this isn't LTIR, correct?]

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

The real question will be whether they've learned it now and will play Neuvy (who, let's face it, is lucky to stay conscious through an entire game at this point) game on game and not give Lyon a start.  If Hakstol plays his cards right (i.e. plays them wrong) we could have Lyon as our only option... who he'll then play endlessly until he breaks... and so on and so forth...

THe real sad part to me is that Stolarz hurt himself so badly.  He'd likely have made Neuvirth obsolete this season IMHO.  

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think they did.

They just didn't care.

They worry about the bridge when they get to it. Can't have to much planning.

#winning

This bugged me more last year to be honest. 

I feel like it notably cost them more games.

Last year Stolarz was playing quite well for the Flyers when they'd let him play.  

They haven't given Lyon a shot to prove himself yet, but he hasn't had a great season in Lehigh.  

Then again, Stolarz wasn't last year either.  It was a Devils game last year that had me so enraged with hakstol.  Mason has NEVER BEATEN THE DEVILS IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER and he started him against them on the second night of a back to back... meanwhile Stolarz grew up in Jersey and likely would have had family and friends at the game... that's usually when you let a guy ride the adrenaline and show up.  (Also BTW, one of the few things I got really mad at Lavvy for in 2010 when he started Leaky over Boosh in the Winter Classic.  He started Leights because he was in the midst of a roll, but a winter classic in Boston against the team Boosh grew up watching?  You play THAT GUY! Leaky didn't give up much, but the ones he gave up were softer than melted mozzarella... but I digress...)

So do you start Lyon against the Devils?  

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So do you start Lyon against the Devils

Neuvy will have to break before Hak plays Lyon.

Too much pressure for a 25 year old Lyon should be ready for some NHL action by the time he is 29.

:VeryCool:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Neuvy will have to break before Hak plays Lyon.

Too much pressure for a 25 year old Lyon should be ready for some NHL action by the time he is 29.

:VeryCool:

I really REALLY respect that Hakstol is trying to create an air of stability and separation between GM and coach... but I'm shocked, SHOCKED that he has been consistently absent in standing up for his goalies.  This goes back to the Berube/Jeff Reese war that remains one of Hextall's only true poor decisions IMHO.  

The hands off nature when it comes to playing Manning over Sanheim is one thing.   But when it comes to repeatedly playing goalies into the ground like this... you'd think a former (VERY TEMPERMENTAL) goalie would have some gentle words of advice for his still very green coach.

7 hours ago, hf101 said:

Trade Neuvirth. 

He just is toooooooo small, and recently much too slow. 

I just posted this in the game thread. When it was rumored the Black Hawks were interested in him i was against it thinking Flyers need him too.........but i have changed my mind don't matter when they need him he shiits the bed is hurt or just gives up 5 goals in what should have been a winnable game.

I'm done move him for whatever.

Is there a mental issue with Neuvirth?  It seems like every time the team needs him, some issue crops up.  I hate to question a player if they are truly injured, but it just seems that he has these weird episodes.  

5 minutes ago, vis said:

Is there a mental issue with Neuvirth?  It seems like every time the team needs him, some issue crops up.  I hate to question a player if they are truly injured, but it just seems that he has these weird episodes.  

Something going on with the guy now with Elliott out for however it may be here was his chance to make it hard on his coach when Elliott is ready.

Here was his chance to steal the net for awhile and come up big for the guys who play in front of him, help them climb in the standings and push for a playoff spot.

And what doe he do? Play arguebly his two worse games of the year.

Just turrible and wasted 4 points.

From what I've read, it seems Neuvirth had the flu and was basically dehydrated. If that was the case, it was a poor judgment call from Hakstol. I know players want to play, and a lot of them do play through injuries, but I know what I feel like after the flu. And stopping hundred mile-an-hour pucks is not on my list of things to do. 

The flu can be worse than a physical injury because your energy levels are just so depleted. 

Terrible goalie management.

Hakstol is his own worst enemy it seems.

Just now, brelic said:

From what I've read, it seems Neuvirth had the flu and was basically dehydrated. If that was the case, it was a poor judgment call from Hakstol. I know players want to play, and a lot of them do play through injuries, but I know what I feel like after the flu. And stopping hundred mile-an-hour pucks is not on my list of things to do. 

The flu can be worse than a physical injury because your energy levels are just so depleted. 

Terrible goalie management.

Hakstol is his own worst enemy it seems.

FWIW, Hakstol claimed the first he heard of it was after the game.

Not sure how you couldn't tell he needed to be yanked from that game after the second at the very least, but that's what he says.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

FWIW, Hakstol claimed the first he heard of it was after the game.

Not sure how you couldn't tell he needed to be yanked from that game after the second at the very least, but that's what he says.

Then he's lying, because Hextall said it on camera that Neuvirth had the stomach flu on Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, brelic said:

Then he's lying, because Hextall said it on camera that Neuvirth had the stomach flu on Tuesday.

He has to be or that is an alarming issue that the GM could know buy not the coach that would be a serious communication break down.

Neuvy should of never played and if he was sick the Tampa game then too he should not have played.

So Hak has to be the sole guy responsible for pissing away 4 points in the standings.

This kind of baffonery has to stop with this club.

I'd rather them say no comment that admit some of the **** that comes out their mouth...

Archived