Not much support from the home town fans!

7 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Several times the organist has attempted to get the fans going with the let's go flyers chant and as usual our fans don't support and chant I think we have the quietest fans in the league no vocal support SAD  bunch of fair weather fans

Well can you blame them.

Hard to get up and support a putrid team from one day to the next.

Win 4 lose 5 is hard to get behind.

Besides maybe the front office will take notice and do something to put a better product on ice....

17 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Several times the organist has attempted to get the fans going with the let's go flyers chant and as usual our fans don't support and chant I think we have the quietest fans in the league no vocal support SAD  bunch of fair weather fans

That's the first time I've ever heard that.

18 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

I've been to quite a few Flyers games and often the organist plays the Lets Go Flyers Chant during the breaks after the crowd chants during the actual play.

Did you hear the crowd after Patrick tied the game?

Did you hear the crowd during the shootout?

I miss the old A$$holes chants the fans used to rain down on the refs for bad, or perceived bad calls.  I've watched on NHL Center Ice or been to most of the games this season....and going back to last season.  I just don't hear it like I used to.  The organist would be in on it and get the fans going.  I think that's just more evidence of this kinder, gentler brand of hockey and League.  The conspiracy theorist in me says it's actively being DIScouraged.  :haha:

23 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

I know Philadelphia is a great hockey town, but just like any other team in the league, if the hometown team goes year after year putting a mediocre product on the ice, fans will become increasingly less vocal about support of the team.

That's just the way it is.

Some snobby 'elitist' northern hockey fans think that is a problem only southern fanbases have, but fact is, no matter WHO you are, if you don't win, fans aren't as supportive....if you win (or at the very least put a competitive team on the ice), not only are your hardcores more vocal, but then you get the bandwagoners too.

The TRUE hardcores never really go away.

Oh, they may not be as vocal (again, you can't really blame them), but they are still supporting the team no matter what.

But it is awfully, AWFULLY difficult to be boisterous, loud and confident in your team when they just aren't that good.

I actually give credit  to the  hardcore Philly fans to know when is the time to be loud a-holes and when it isn't...........right now? It isn't...

As for the team on the ice "needing to know fans have their backs"?

Well....the players on the team who are part of the problem deserve NO such comforts. They SHOULD feel bad they have not been someone who elevates the team.

The real team leaders, the real heart n soul team guys understand the fans and know why they are not happy. 

They want and will be part of the solution.

So if the fans being quiet causes certain players not to play with confidence because of lack of support, then those players don't need to be on the team.

Archived