Quitting

notfondajane

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 9:03 PM, notfondajane said:

Did I hear correctly that this year's version of the Rangers threw in the towel? Why?

Maybe they are just re-tooling to gain assets and relieve cap space for seasons to come while planning to acquire Erik Karlsson. 

:IDunnoSmiley:

Karlsson and Lundqvist on the same team in the Big Apple...  heh, who might see that coming?

As a Wings fan I saw them do the opposite, bring in old tired players to prop up the team for years after their last cup appearance nearly a decade ago. We made it to the conference final, then a few years of the second round then finally a one and easily done all the while refusing to recognize what was ahead. It was like sliding on ice, you could see the embankment ahead and were powerless to stop it.

I give the Rangers credit, they decided to take their lumps now and get it over with with a vision and an eye towards the future. My bet is they will be relevant before my Wings are because like an alcoholic, the first step is recognizing that you have a problem and the second step is addressing it. They recognized it early and are aggressively treating it rather than treating the symptoms.

• 11 months later...
Guest gilbert003
On 3/4/2018 at 8:14 PM, yave1964 said:

As a Wings fan I saw them do the opposite, bring in old tired players to prop up the team for years after their last cup appearance nearly a decade ago. We made it to the conference final, then a few years of the second round then finally a one and easily done all the while refusing to recognize what was ahead. It was like sliding on ice, you could see the embankment ahead and were powerless to stop it.

I give the Rangers credit, they decided to take their lumps now and get it over with with a vision and an eye towards the future. My bet is they will be relevant before my Wings are because like an alcoholic, the first step is recognizing that you have a problem and the second step is addressing it. They recognized it early and are aggressively treating it rather than treating the symptoms.

Agree with you on this... what they did  was a smart move.

Archived