Hakstol experiment over

trevluk

4 minutes ago, vis said:

oh, also from Dave Isaac today:

So Manning still in and Sanheim out.  I get that Sanheim (and Laughton) messed up on the second goal, but come on.  ****** Manning.

His adjustments are often too late and not the ones most people would think. 

The only logical reason I can think of keeping Manning and Gudas together is that he's keeping the two worst defensemen as a pair and can play the other guys more without disrupting the flow. 

But I don't get scratching Sanheim. He's been among the better defensemen in the series. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kastompa01 said:

I was really joking..I think the guy just isn't an nhl caliber coach. He froze..The team saw it and followed suit..Tortorella type coach is needed..This bunch is to coddled..And they seem in need of a HEART..

If by "heart" you simply mean "fire," then yes.   We discussed "heart" here already and I took exception to it, but having watched yesterday's game I don't have the strength or the intellectual dishonesty to object.    That was a team yesterday that flat out looked whipped.  I mean, they skated around for the last 30-40 minutes (at least) with white flags.   As a group, they looked like they'd rather be just about anywhere else.     They should have carried "this is pointless. Your refund will be in the mail" signs.

For all the "they're not ready" claims (which are true), any NHL team that believes it's an NHL team should not have that result in 3 out of 4 games without some sort of pride moment.   That was absent.   And I think I want to agree with you that comes from the coach.

At some point, though, whether they're 19, 29, or 39, they're men.   They shouldn't need a coach to make them want to punch back, stand up, and be heard.   They went quietly into that good night, and that's disturbing.    It's like they were roofied. That's how l little fight they showed once Elliott started his "here, let me help you" routine for Pittsburgh.

But I still blame the coach.  He has to do a better job.  Or A job.   All he's giving right now is a figurative #### job.

9 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Is Hakstol watching Netflix on the iPads at the bench instead of the game? Solid and done their jobs? WTF

Gudas/Manning - A combined -6, which obviously doesn't count goals on an abysmal PK unit.  And Manning with 12 PIMs.  What job do they have?

1 minute ago, brelic said:

The only logical reason I can think of keeping Manning and Gudas together is that he's keeping the two worst defensemen as a pair and can play the other guys more without disrupting the flow. 

But I don't get scratching Sanheim. He's been among the better defensemen in the series. 

So, this Mensa member watches last game and says to himself, "Patrick needs to be demoted and Sanheim needs to sit." 

Brelic, there are no words.   The very last things that needed to be changed and that's where this dipshit goes.  It's unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

I agree.  I'm glad he finally figured out that Ghost (-7) is getting killed by Crosby and his line.  That goal last night was an embarrassment.  I don't understand the love for Manning and Gudas.  I just don't.

57 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

If you don't want to stay around for the ride with this team then choose another team to cheer for!

Not trying to be a dick, but........ Being critical of a team shows passion and that is something that this team has not displayed in a long time. I mean, to qualify as a fan we should just take this loss and move on?

I used to watch every single game religiously. Unless I was out of town or the game came on at like 11 pm on a Tuesday. However, for the last six years or so, I tune in here and there, but do not get too excited like I used to. I would like to say this decline in viewership coincided with starting a family, or having more responsibility at work, but then I think harder on it and recall that my Dad brought me to my 1st Flyers game when I was three; however, I do not think my kids have watched a single period on tv, let alone go to a game. For the cost, the product is inferior. Currently, they are the 2002 Daewoo Cars of the NHL.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

So, this Mensa member watches last game and says to himself, "Patrick needs to be demoted and Sanheim needs to sit." 

Brelic, there are no words.   The very last things that needed to be changed and that's where this dipshit goes.  It's unbelievable.

I could get "demoting" Patrick if he's trying to get some offense from another line.  But what I don't get is promoting Filppula.

9 minutes ago, vis said:

I could get "demoting" Patrick if he's trying to get some offense from another line.  But what I don't get is promoting Filppula.

Filppula is by far the most infuriating Flyer that I recall in a very long time. The guy is a turn over machine.

2 minutes ago, vis said:

I could get "demoting" Patrick if he's trying to get some offense from another line ANYONE AT ALL.  But what I don't get is promoting Filppula.

Just a small correction. 

3 of the 5 goal scorers are the young ones. Sanheim, Patrick, Konecny. 

The offense has been a total no-show.

Just now, Bertmega said:

Filppula is by far the most infuriating Flyer that I recall in a very long time. The guy is a turn over machine.

Filp is loosely translated to Hungarian for "where puck possession foes to die."

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Absolutely this. And he'll move TK anywhere but the spot where he was most successful. 

So many head scratchers.

7 minutes ago, vis said:

Yes.  That's the part that's infuriating.  I mean, if you're going to drop Patrick to spread offense I get it.  And I guess it begs the question of if you're going to do that, who else are you going to put up to first?  Weis?  Lehtera?  Laughton?

Maybe--hopefully--Filppula is just a place saver and Coots will be ready (I haven't heard a status update).   Otherwise, I don't get  it.  

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I am ****** dumbfounded & bambozzled, hogwashed with HakFools changes.   Sanheim being benched?!?!?!   

Um, IMO he has been one of the better dmen. 

Saw this on HB and can't agree more:

Travis Sanheim has been on the ice for 2 goals against. 1 was 5v5. He has been on the ice for 1 Flyers goal at 5v5...same as Gudas, Ghost and AMac.

The Flyers have been outscored 18-6. Manning has been on the ice for 0 Flyers goals and 6 against....5 at 5v5.

Yep....scratch the kid.

4 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

I'm actually not as down on him as that.   There are players (VLC!) that drew much more ire from me.   For his money, I kind of want more than a 3rd or 4th line player, but I'm okay with him.  And he's not the horrible turnover machine that Voracek is.   Voracek at least (in the regular season) gets some points so it helps (I said helps) gloss over that he may be the dumbest player on the team.

All that said, putting him on the top line is golden stupidity.  I said Voracek was the dumbest player.  The second Hakstol puts on skates, he takes over that title.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

I am ****** dumbfounded & bambozzled, hogwashed with HakFools changes.   Sanheim being benched?!?!?!   

Um, IMO he has been one of the better dmen. 

Sanheim has been, despite the fact he can't skate, falls down all the time, and has such a low hockey IQ.  Murray, I can't even get my mind around this.   I'm squarely back into the "fire his ass" camp.

Is there any remote chance of a possibility that Hak gets his walking papers after this series is over??  Certainly Hexy can't be this blind or infatuated with his head coach???  i get risk Hexy was trying when he first brought Hak into the NHL, but it was a pot of fool's gold.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm actually not as down on him as that.   There are players (VLC!) that drew much more ire from me.   For his money, I kind of want more than a 3rd or 4th line player, but I'm okay with him.  And he's not the horrible turnover machine that Voracek is.   Voracek at least (in the regular season) gets some points so it helps (I said helps) gloss over that he may be the dumbest player on the team.

All that said, putting him on the top line is golden stupidity.  I said Voracek was the dumbest player.  The second Hakstol puts on skates, he takes over that title.

No doubt that Voracek is a dumb player, but like you said he gets on the score sheet. 

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Murray, I can't even get my mind around this.   I'm squarely back into the "fire his ass" camp.

I have zero confidence in Hakstol.   Honestly, I would like to retract my prior statement that he deserved another year.   Clean house with the entire coaching staff.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would move Jake this offseason while his stock is the highest for a haul so you aren't left moving later when his stock is down like Simmer.

For the right pieces coming back... I'd listen.

It would have to be a nice package though, career 60 pt players don't grow on trees. (57.3)

He gets a lot of flak here, some of it is justified, he has talent but makes frustrating mistakes and doesn't shoot enough.

There would have to be a player nice pick & prospect coming back at a minimum.

I would trade him far away too, he's the type who if we trade him to say NJ, will score eleventy-million points against us for the rest of his career.

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Is there any remote chance of a possibility that Hak gets his walking papers after this series is over??  Certainly Hexy can't be this blind or infatuated with his head coach???  i get risk Hexy was trying when he first brought Hak into the NHL, but it was a pot of fool's gold.

I think Hextall keeps him around no matter what...

At this point I think Hextall thinks he is the smartest man in the room.  How can you watch these lineup changes and NOT think this guy is out of his mind?   F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

No doubt that Voracek is a dumb player, but like you said he gets on the score sheet. 

Yeah.

Sorry, I meant to comment more on Filppula in my post and got carried away with Voracek.   I get why people are down on Filppula.  I'm hoping they don't resign and won't miss him if they don't (I can't believe there's actually a question in my mind whether they will, but there is that nagging question).   It's just that--for me--there are other players of more of a concern to me.   

Laughton is younger, but I think the dude is entirely worthless.   If we can sucker someone into taking him, do it.  I'm so over him.  I think Leier is actually a tweener.  I'm willing to give him more time, but it may take a different coach.   And nothing more than 4th line fodder.   I wish we'd stop with Weal.  I didn't really understand the signing but it wasn't a big deal to me because neither money nor term were worth worrying about.  But he's also a tweener.   Pretty much the entire bottom six.   Goaltending, of course.   And that we keep throwing Manning out there at all, let alone the PK, is killing me.    I'm hoping Hagg's return to the lineup limits Manning's PK time, but I'm doubtful.   I'm surprised Hak hasn't tried Manning at 1C.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

For the right pieces coming back... I'd listen.

It would have to be a nice package though, career 60 pt players don't grow on trees. (57.3)

He gets a lot of flak here, some of it is justified, he has talent but makes frustrating mistakes and doesn't shoot enough.

There would have to be a player nice pick & prospect coming back at a minimum.

I would trade him far away too, he's the type who if we trade him to say NJ, will score eleventy-million points against us for the rest of his career.

This is on point.   You can't just trade him away for nothing.   Dumb as he is (he really is Fisher Price People stupid), he does get points and just had one of his better years in that regard.   Pick & prospect or Pick and NHL-ready young kid.  

I think either of those options would make many people's head explode around here.  Arguably justifiably so.  It's just that when I see him on the offensive side of the red line with the puck and trying to skate through 4 opponents MY head explodes.   And you're right:  for God's sake, SHOOT!

Archived