Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
pilldoc

Western Conference: Round 2 - #1 Nashville Predators vs. #2 Winnipeg Jets

Western Conference: Round 2 - #1 Nashville Predators vs. #2 Winnipeg Jets  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Series?

• Predators Sweep 4-0
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Jets Sweep 4-0
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

Winterpeg with a decent d and great offence against probably the best d in the NHL, no matter how good the d you have to score to succeed. 

The difference in the two teams like it or not was in net....

Missed opportunity at the Cup for Nashville.

They had all the ingredients and the experience..... Jets simply did them one better in Game 7.

The Predators still will have the core intact for next year, so their window to win is still open, but man, gotta say it again...big, big missed opportunity.

Had they been able to get by Winnipeg, I really did like their chances against Vegas and whomever came out of the East.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda though.... Winnipeg proved they were the better team this series, and frankly, despite any perceived flaws they may have, should really be considered favorites for a Cup win.

Talk about a team that has slowly transformed from the beginning of the year to now, from a squad with 'potential but upgrades needed' to one with a real shot at the Stanley Cup.

That is the Winnipeg Jets for ya.

Suddenly, I don't feel all that bad as a Wild fan that Minnesota couldn't measure up to the Jets this season.

Sure, losing is no fun, but fact is, not many teams measured up to Winnipeg (and the Wild certainly had some big holes of their own) and now they just have the upstart Vegas Knights to deal with before they can try for a shot at winning it all.

Congrats to the Jets and their fans.

Division rival or not to my Wild, they certainly deserve to be going to the West Finals, especially after dispatching the team I thought would be in the West Finals.

• Like 2

Awards

I'm a very drunk and happy Flyers fan right now!

How about that Winnipeg! :jets: 

Taking game 7--on the road!--in a wild series.   

Their first two oddball goals mirrored said saga well. 

Congrats to the Jets. Congrats to 

the Jet fans here on Hockey Forums. 

Can you imagine the decibel level in Manitoba from 

now until however long the Jets continue in the postseason?! :horn: :rock: :cheer: 

Mercy me I sure hope Winnipeg kicks the crapola outta Vegas. :birthday1: 

3 hours ago, hobie said:

Winterpeg with a decent d and great offence against probably the best d in the NHL, no matter how good the d you have to score to succeed. 

Amen. That's why I picked Pitt :penguins: in the Finals last year 

despite :predators: Pred D.  

Some key things i noticed missing from this Pred team vs. last year.

#1 they miss the offense provided by the blueline.

Last year they got 11 goals from Josi and Ellis alone.

This year??? None......in 12 games.

And Emelin was a dud pretty much.

#2 Rinne was nowhere as good as he was last year. Cup year he finished with a 930%. This year a pedestrian 905%. 

3 guys they missed is Neal.

Pontus Aberg's crazy speed.

They also miss the Colton Sissons from last year nowhere as good this year.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Should be an awesome series, Jets in 7 bloody games.
      Missed opportunity at the Cup for Nashville. They had all the ingredients and the experience..... Jets simply did them one better in Game 7.   The Predators still will have the core intact for next year, so their window to win is still open, but man, gotta say it again...big, big missed opportunity. Had they been able to get by Winnipeg, I really did like their chances against Vegas and whomever came out of the East.   Coulda, woulda, shoulda though.... Winnipeg proved they were the better team this series, and frankly, despite any perceived flaws they may have, should really be considered favorites for a Cup win.   Talk about a team that has slowly transformed from the beginning of the year to now, from a squad with 'potential but upgrades needed' to one with a real shot at the Stanley Cup. That is the Winnipeg Jets for ya.   Suddenly, I don't feel all that bad as a Wild fan that Minnesota couldn't measure up to the Jets this season. Sure, losing is no fun, but fact is, not many teams measured up to Winnipeg (and the Wild certainly had some big holes of their own) and now they just have the upstart Vegas Knights to deal with before they can try for a shot at winning it all.   Congrats to the Jets and their fans. Division rival or not to my Wild, they certainly deserve to be going to the West Finals, especially after dispatching the team I thought would be in the West Finals.  
      This should be one hell of a rockin, raucous series, and will be my go-to Western series (sorry San Jose-Vegas, but these two should put on quite the show) and I expect NO letdown games by either side, regardless of which team comes out winner that day.   Both teams sport loud, rabid, and feisty fanbases, both combine power and speed with good goaltending, either could have just as easily won the Central, and both absolutely deserve to be in Round 2 after dispatching pretenders Minnesota and Colorado.   That all said, even with the playoff surge the Jets have put on, I STILL like the Nashville Predators here. I believe they sport, top to bottom, one of the more complete, if not THE most complete team, in the NHL and can pretty much do it all, play any style game, and are still smarting from coming so close last year to lifting the Cup.   Putting aside that awful game the Wild played while the Jets closed them out, Minnesota DID do some things that caused some problems for the Jets. Minny at times, showcased some speed through the neutral zone and often caught Jets' defensemen napping, creating damned good scoring chances for the Wild. Problem for Minnesota, of course, was they missed and squandered many opportunities and Connor Hellebuyck was also that damned good.   If the Jets give those same opportunities to the Predators, I believe they will find Nashville will burn them more often than not and even Hell Boy will be hard pressed to keep pulling off miracles like he did in the Wild series.   Also, Winnipeg, one of the most penalized teams in the league due to their aggressive style, will HAVE to watch themselves and not give Nashville too many man advantage situations, as again, I believe the Preds can shred the Jets there where the Wild couldn't.   Winnipeg has a bit of a size advantage on Nashville and will need to use that, staying true to their combo of speed and power, but like mentioned already, not get too crazy and take dumb penalties. Hellebuyck will really have his work cut out for him dueling with Pekka Rinne who is in seach of the Vezina (ok, ok, Hellebuyck has JUST as much a shot at that award too!), and the series could come down to goalie lapses on either side.   Damned good series, but in the end, I think Nashville prevails and appear, once again, in the West Finals with a shot at the Eastern Champion after that.   Preds in 6
      I also say Nashville in 6 games! Playoffs experience is my biggest reason! 
      Here's how I see it:   Winnipeg              Nashville Mark Scheifele > Ryan Johansen Patrik Laine > Viktor Arvidsson Nikolaj Ehlers < Filip Forsberg Blake Wheeler > whoever you think is the 4th best forward for the Preds Bryan Little > Kyle Turris Jets depth << Nashville depth   Nashville probably has a better chance in the playoffs with a deeper team. The third line for Nashville might be the best in the playoffs.   Dustin Byfuglien = PK Subban (they bring different things to the table, but they are still both really good Jacob Trouba < Roman Josi Josh Morissey < Ryan Ellis Tyler Myers > Mattias Ekholm   For me, Nashville probably has the better defensive group.   Connor Hellybuyck = Pekka Rinne   Goaltending is a wash. I don't know how you can argue otherwise.   For me, this all comes down to goaltending. The top forwards of the Jets are better, but the strength of the Preds is their blueline and depth. If Pekka Rinne can show up in Game 2, there's not reason why they can't even the series.
      good game... Jets took advantage of a couple lucky bounces to get them back in it on the scoreboard and did well after that. like most games this postseason i saw (what i thought) were a bunch of questionable calls that benefitted one team over another. but Jets took them and didn't look back. that's how to win in the playoffs. 

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free