How Much Do Refs Suck?

Podein25

Fair question.

I thought I would post something to get the conversation started.

Those who know me around these parts know that I'm fond of saying "I Hate Refs" all the time. The truth, however, is that I didn't always hate them, as either a player or a (Flyers) fan. Which is to say, I had some amount of respect for them and the tough job they have. I didn't hate them with every molecule of my being with a red hot rage.

Now I do. And it's not some homer thing where I think they are only bad against my team(s). They just suck, and for the last 15 years or so, there's been two of them on the ice, so the suckage is double. Double suckage.

I went looking for articles on the intertubes and found a few. One from Vice Sports asks: are they drunk? 

Fair question.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/7xdnvx/nhl-referees-are-the-worst

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/05/07/nhl-playoffs-bad-officiating-refs-stanley-cup

The game is too fast for most if not all of the NHL referees and linesmen. Just count the number of times they get in the way. And the egomaniac referees need to just get to the boards and stop with the ice capades when going back into the defensive end. And finally, if you are going to suck, at least suck consistently. Most nights it appears fixed, like wrestling or roller derby. Which by the way never happened before the little turd Bettman came along.

18 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Just count the number of times they get in the way

Yass!

18 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

And finally, if you are going to suck, at least suck consistently

Amen.

• 1 month later...

Inconsistancy and poor officiating is what brought me to the Wild message board (which is now obsolete) back in 2009.

With my username I was calling them out! I hate rotten refs.

How's that for irony?

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, rottenrefs said:

Inconsistancy and poor officiating is what brought me to the Wild message board (which is now obsolete) back in 2009.

With my username I was calling them out! I hate rotten refs.

How's that for irony?

Yes, the GDT's were extra entertaining when you started to chew on the refs and their mindboggling calls. 🤣

Archived