Wild Message Board Memories...

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Great Stuff guys!!! So glad you join our hockey community. I can just imagine the epic battles you had with fans from other teams.....

We could fire jabs with the best of 'em.  If a person stuck around long enough, we'd find the weak spot and just tear at 'em.  Especially if they tried get personal.  But at times it was no holds barred...I've had my work picture, e-mail, my boss' e-mail posted as people loved to try to hurt me by saying "I'd think a teacher would be better than that" as if my occupation really dictates mine or anyone else's demeanor on a message board.  Hey, if they want to drop the gloves...I'm more than happy to oblige.  

I still remember that one clown who threatened to arrest us; but then we found out he wasn't really a police officer, but he worked at a jail.  We told him where he could meet us before and after a game...the guy never showed.  We've busted so many liars over the years too...some of it pretty shameful stuff.  Like the guy who said he was a Marine to try to get us to back off...but we shredded his 'story' pretty fast and he ran away.  

PTO, do you think HawgWild still keep the old Wild Message Board Fantasy league going?  

Because of the lack of moderation; it really was kind of like hockey.  We policed ourselves.  We had a few people that didn't mind being the enforcers who would battle it out with the trolls.  Yet at times, the wars got exhausting not just for the posters involved but for the boards themselves.  Its good we don't really have to do that anymore.  

Some posters left for Hockey's Future, because of us (or that's what they said).  Still, there were more fun moments than contentious ones.  I didn't hang out on the General Forum; but at times that was helpful for people talk and vent about job / employment issues when the economy wasn't doing so hot.  Everyone needs a place to vent and let off steam every once in a while, why not an hockey message board?!?!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silly.com site most of the Flyers fans here originally came from contained the famous   "I would like to thank..."  topic.  It was well over 10,500 posts and a bear to read it in its entirety but it shared the history of 8 years of hilarious posting of many different members. Including posts of when @ruxpin and I somehow switched screen names via some software bug for when I clicked on his screenname I went from hockeyfan101 to ruxpin with thousands of posts.  LOL

the topic started again on day 3 of this site but got lost in the shuffle of topics.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

The silly.com site most of the Flyers fans here originally came from contained the famous   "I would like to thank..."  topic.  It was well over 10,500 posts and a bear to read it in its entirety but it shared the history of 8 years of hilarious posting of many different members. Including posts of when @ruxpin and I somehow switched screen names via some software bug for when I clicked on his screenname I went from hockeyfan101 to ruxpin with thousands of posts.  LOL

the topic started again on day 3 of this site but got lost in the shuffle of topics.

@hf101

remember on the old silly.com the infamous:

xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx  

LOL 

For the benefit of our Wild fans ....we had a member convinced that everytime he posted something that all his posts would come up as xxxx - xxxxxxx -xxxxxx - xxxxx   (we still do than now on occasion just to have fun with him .. LOL )

31 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I guess being 4th in best reputation isn't too bad for the guy some felt "killed the Wild.com message boards" 

No kidding! You, Antti, me... We're so rotten!

Once upon a time before all the frilly pansies left the forum and went to HF boards. I almost miss all the huge negative ratings.

@pilldoc very similar to when we have people come to the board and 'tell us like it is' and they're 180 degrees off base and obviously still living in their parents basement.

A special bonus is when fans have access to an x-box and come tell us how hockey is supposed to be played.

3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

A special bonus is when fans have access to an x-box and come tell us how hockey is supposed to be played

or they suggest trades that in NO way would work in real life ...... yeah ..they are a special breed and have no clue.  Also, I avoid most Facebook team sites as the majority of FB posters have no clue about hockey or how the salary cap works.

The "Word Association Game" in the General Forum user mortwild started the thread on April 26, 2007 with the entry of: The state of Hockey.

The last post was on May 24, 2012 posted by mplspug. His reply was: groovy

It had 24,439 posts covering 978 pages.

Yes - there was a thread for "Sarcasm"

One of my posts

Yesterday I did not tell the company secretary she was dumber than a rock.

Someone else beat me to it.

I was so disappointed I wanted to scream.

Here was another:

popeschmoll said:
I like it when my wife wants to talk.

Oh god.

This is why they never have 'reduced prices' on bullets anymore.

-

The only thing I love more than working on Saturdays is taking all my tools out of the shed, setting up everything to start an ALL DAY project and 30 minutes later the girlfriend calls needing me to bring her a nail file or something.

-

Evidently I might be married.

-

I was not late for work this morning. Everyone else just got there before I did.

-

I feel devious.

All day long I've been wanting to ask the secretary how much horse power one horse has but I'm afraid she won't get it that it's an insulting prank on her. (Cause she won't know the answer.)

*sigh*

-

Evidently where I work they breed crickets.

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

or they suggest trades that in NO way would work in real life ...... yeah ..they are a special breed and have no clue.  Also, I avoid most Facebook team sites as the majority of FB posters have no clue about hockey or how the salary cap works.

On any EA NHL season...Koivu is a 40-goal scorer for me.  Obviously EA doesn't really have real hockey nailed down yet.  

2 hours ago, Starofthenorth said:

This is true! He was most famous for replying to after game questions with the broken record "I have to go back and check the video and see." 

Are you sure you're not talking about Todd Richards?  Richards would just answer post-game questions about needing to watch the tape.  Yeo usually talked about 'we'll see how we respond" yada yada...being very careful not to call anyone out.  

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Are you sure you're not talking about Todd Richards?  Richards would just answer post-game questions about needing to watch the tape.  Yeo usually talked about 'we'll see how we respond" yada yada...being very careful not to call anyone out.  

Yeah, that was Richards response..."Have to watch the video..." Every time the team lost or there was a major blunder and a reporter asked him about it, he'd say "We'll have to watch the video on that play to see what happened...".

Yeo never called anyone out. It was always a team response."We'll see how we respond in the next game. It's a long season..." "We had a good game. We'll just try to carry this into the next game..."

Yeo reminded me of that scene in Bull Durham where Crash Davis is lecturing Nuke LaLoosh on how to respond to reporters with all the cliches when they ask him questions...it's an answer, it just doesn't say anything. At least Lemaire would have the guts to call the players out. I remember one game against the Carolina Toilet Swirlies when the Wild were just awful. To just about every reporters question, Lemaire responded "I don't know. You need to go ask those guys in the locker room."

16 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

@pilldoc very similar to when we have people come to the board and 'tell us like it is' and they're 180 degrees off base and obviously still living in their parents basement.

A special bonus is when fans have access to an x-box and come tell us how hockey is supposed to be played.

Thank goodness I own a PS4 then. 😂

6 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Thank goodness I own a PS4 then. 😂

So do I...but honestly...Chris Stewart is a scoring machine for me in that game too.  So there's that...I have Landon Ferraro on my 4th line and he's been chipping in goals lately too.  Tops in the Central, kicking ass and taking names!?!?  So much like...uh...nevermind.  

Archived