News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

OccamsRazor

LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

Another dark horse for the Phantoms interested to see if this kid can do something with them...

The talent pool is getting deeper and deeper to tread water in and that is a good thing....

The 3rd (sleeper) prospect in the Flyers amazing goaltending stable behind Hart and Sandstrom...

...i wonder when he will be brought over to the AHL.....i think after a year or two of time in the KHL.

4 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Why wouldn’t Wylie be 2022? He was just drafted. 

Good point I didn't notice that one.

It must be a mistake is all. No worries.

The Sporting News' Top 50 NHL prospects.

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

The Flyers have the most top 50 prospects of any NHL team, which is nice to see. 

19 - Joel Farabee (ranked ahead of Wahlstrom, at #29)

34 - Carter Hart

37 - Philippe Myers

43 - Morgan Frost

The future is bright!

This should make @radoran happy:

They haven't had a dedicated Finnish scout since Niittymaki left after 2014-2015.

• Like 1

Flyers prospect Matthew Strome finding his stride with Barbara Underhill

e2b3a0a2fc48b3a16988930cd0e56e37

Hidden Content

Good that he gets it.

• Like 2

The Kid from California

Hidden Content

cut.png

A good read about an unknown...

At age 16, St. Ivany attended camp with the Western Hockey League's Vancouver Giants. At the time, he was only 5-foot-9. Subsequently, he had a growth spurt and today he carries 198 pounds on a 6-foot-3 frame.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:25 AM, Claude Monet said:

Why wouldn’t Wylie be 2022? He was just drafted. 

Wylie is a CHL player. He has to be signed by 2020 or he goes back into the draft. 

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Wylie is a CHL player. He has to be signed by 2020 or he goes back into the draft. 

Gotcha ... I love this kids game. He really stood out against the winterhawks in the playoffs.  He is going to be a fast riser on the prospects rankings. 

Nice write up by Charlie O'Connor on Myers in his rookie camp day 1 article. Says Myers is bigger (6'5", 220) and a smoother/faster skater, even when compared to development camp. 

• Like 1

Attention Fellow Phantoms Season Ticket Holders:

Don't go ordering any #24 Twarynski jerseys.  This kid will be back up with the Flyers in no time.  He was one of the best players on the ice both weekend games against Charlotte.  Not only was he scoring but he played well defensively and didn't back down from Checkers players trying to rough up the rookie.  I wasn't expecting much from him but he was easily the most impressive new face in LV.  And he more than held his own in Flyers' camp.  Bunnaman looked good too.  Kase not so great.  Rubtsov kind of meh but he only played Saturday.  All got PK minutes and didn't allow any PP goals so that's a big plus for now.  The two no name tryout goalies both looked pretty good as well.  Then again, Charlotte didn't play their big guns.  The Phantoms defense is gonna be interesting with so many gone from last year's team. Coach Gordon is gonna have a chore deciding who to sit with eight of their top 10 scorers from last year coming back. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Kase not so great.

Well he is coming off surgery with no camp and preseason to get back in game shape give the kid and chance to get use to the smaller ice too.