Jori Lehtera involved in Cocaine Investigation

AJgoal

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, brelic said:

Great point. There's really no urgency at this point other than optics - and that will speak to their tolerance level as an organization I suppose.

Beyond optics, I think it's a question of whether you want a guy like that around your team - assuming he was truly involved.  As a matter or principal/policy, I would think the org would take whatever steps necessary to divorce itself from the player at the appropriate time.  Question is: when is it appropriate?  I would think the indictment is sufficient.  However, I imagine the NHL/Flyers and NHLPA have run their own investigation or are in the process of doing so.  I imagine whatever decision the team makes will also take into consideration those findings.

2 hours ago, vis said:

Beyond optics, I think it's a question of whether you want a guy like that around your team - assuming he was truly involved.  As a matter or principal/policy, I would think the org would take whatever steps necessary to divorce itself from the player at the appropriate time.  Question is: when is it appropriate?  I would think the indictment is sufficient.  However, I imagine the NHL/Flyers and NHLPA have run their own investigation or are in the process of doing so.  I imagine whatever decision the team makes will also take into consideration those findings.

NHL is definitely investigating. Daly said they had no updates to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

[IMG]

From the Flyers PR department "Hurry while supplies last..they're going fast". "OK..well, we can promise you one thing for sure". "They're going faster than Jori Lehtera skates".

So according to some Finnish guys over on HFboards, Lehtera's been charged with...

Buying 8 grams of cocaine. Possibility of 5 months in prison.

I'm going to go find some pearls to clutch. Seriously, I don't want the guy on the team, but charging him for that seems a bit overboard.

41 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

So according to some Finnish guys over on HFboards, Lehtera's been charged with...

I'm going to go find some pearls to clutch. Seriously, I don't want the guy on the team, but charging him for that seems a bit overboard.

I’m guessing the context is important. 

A first offender who who is disconnected from anything else might get nothing. 

But in Jori’s case, his cottage was being used as a distribution centre. Maybe the only thing they can get on him personally is the 8 grams of coke for personal use. So that’s what they’ll go for. 

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah 8 grams hardly sounds like a dealer.

I don't want him on the team either.

But he doesn't sound Kevin Stevens bad even.

Too bad he doesn't take a bump before the game he might skate faster...

31 minutes ago, brelic said:

But in Jori’s case, his cottage was being used as a distribution centre. Maybe the only thing they can get on him personally is the 8 grams of coke for personal use. So that’s what they’ll go for. 

Well you know that is a good point I hadn't considered before my post above.

Maybe the 8 grams was his payment for the use of his cottage...but they would have to prove that for sure. Not sure if that is possible and the charge the levied is all they have?

Can say I know or even care much about the case dude has like 40 games left of his Flyer career.

Archived