Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Saturday 10-20-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

See now that there by Coyle...
You KNOW Wild fans wanna see more of that from him...driving the net.

Even if he doesn't get a score, just the chance he gets a penalty drawn.
MOre often than not, if Coyle drives like he did just now against Victor Hedman, he gets goals

Coyle did that a lot when he first got here.

Then he spent tons of extra time receiving instruction from Andrew Brunette. Ever since Coyle's often been nothing more than a puck hog along the boards with players eing unable to get the puck from him... Like Andrew Brunette. Very hard to knock him off the puck. (Nice to know) but damn it we miss him crashing down on net. THAT's what got him drafted.

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

@MNSOTA  Wouldn't mind seeing Zook, Granny, Staal, and chance it with no D-man. Might not work, but at least they'd be trying something different.

That's my point......I want to see something different.

And so the younger son wins against the older son...
So it goes.

Hated to see the Lightning blow this game like they did, but hey, the Wild win three in a row, a second game against a high powered offense.
It wasn't pretty for them, but they got the job done.

Can they make it 4 now when they go up against the LA Kings?

A drop in speed from the opponent compared to Dallas and TB, but an increase in overall team toughness and size.
A different kind of fish for Minnesota to deal with.

But for this game, the Wild didn't fold against a Cup contender.
File this one away under "Ugly But Solid"

Good for Stalock getting himself a win in his limited play time.
He was one of the reasons the Wild stood in this game.

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

Is it just me, or did Suter look really half-hearted in that goal celebration? Mabye due to no secondary assist?

He looked bored when Zucker scored. Zooks skated right out by him screaming and Suter almost seemed to want to look the other way.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Can they make it 4 now when they go up against the LA Kings?

I like our chances. LA has some aging players, so they're not the Cup threat they used to be. And the Wild are getting better at the pucks on net and bodies in front thing. That'll keep the good guys in more than their share of games.

Wild Resilient in 5-4 Overtime Victory Over Tampa Bay

Minnesota was moving much better throughout the 2nd and 3rd period and keeping it simple and swarming around the net.  Great win after winning the night before in Dallas.  Great to see Zucker and Granlund stepping into slap shots and powering them through ala-Brian Rolston!  Sure, lucky...but I'll take it.  Great pass by Stalock to set up that chance for Granny in OT!  I have a full game recap and prospect news too!  Check it out!  

9 hours ago, McMahon 6 said:

I like our chances. LA has some aging players, so they're not the Cup threat they used to be. And the Wild are getting better at the pucks on net and bodies in front thing. That'll keep the good guys in more than their share of games.

I'm going to this game so I'll get to see their performance firsthand...

I really wish the NHL would fix the schedule so there wasn't so many of these long breaks at the beginning of the season and then like a game every other day or multiple back-to-back games at the end of the season...

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I'm going to this game so I'll get to see their performance firsthand...

I really wish the NHL would fix the schedule so there wasn't so many of these long breaks at the beginning of the season and then like a game every other day or multiple back-to-back games at the end of the season...

The registrar guy at the NHL offices loves to give us a break-heavy start and then they want tons of games in March.  I hope a well-rested Wild team plays well for you as you go to the game.  There certainly shouldn't be any reason for them to be sluggish.  

Archived