Wild vs. Oilers 12/7/2018

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty bad reffing there. Not that a PP is important at this stage, but punching a guy in the back of the head and then slashing him on the hands ought to result in at least one penalty.

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

When you're off you're off and the Wild tonight were really off.

There's 20 games you'll win no matter what, and 20 you'll lose. It's the other 40 that make the big difference. For the Wild, it was just one of those nights, I think.

Slow Start Snowballs to 7-2 Rout

(sigh)  Wild didn't want to be there.  Dubnyk needs to go on hiatus.  We let Edmonton have the middle of the ice all night.  Stalock did the best he could.  Hendricks said it right but he's way too slow to play in the NHL in a checking role.  Suter was crappy. Granlund was a -5.  Shitshow all around.  

16 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

There's 20 games you'll win no matter what, and 20 you'll lose. It's the other 40 that make the big difference. For the Wild, it was just one of those nights, I think.

Actually, for both Wild teams it was one of those nights(2:7 for the big club and 4:5 for the Iowa Wild in regulation) as well as for our all 3 goalies (Dubnyk - 3 goals; Stalock - 4 goals; Kahkonen- 5 goals).😵 

Definitely, aliens somehow affected on our ancient performance.👽

21 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah, about the chemistry: Koivu and Parise have been together for ages but do they really have some special connection? Looks pretty average to me, might as well split them. 64-16-12 is our best line and the one who can create chances even 5 on 5. I wouldn't split them. A slight reservation on Staal since he's by far the slowest on that line but he has other tools to make up for it and do we have someone to replace him? Not many... Um, actually Granlund- Coyle-Zucker doesn't sound too bad, has that ever been tested more than 2 periods á la Yeo?

Foligno's been better this than last season but as a center...? Or did you think Parise-Coyle-Foligno? I doubt that line could create much of offensive pressure, there'd be no puck distributor.

Just straight up to Koivu's spot... I know he's not a center and was hoping to not throw ALL the lines in the Boudreau Blender. 

Given how the O has been lately and the way (I think ) Foligno has been playing...Again, Why Not?

I just smiled when Foligno scored. :P Irony, I guess.

12 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

They really need to stop talking to hockey players during the break. Every. Single. Interview. Ever.

-We need to get pucks deep.

-We need to keep getting more shots.

-We've gotta get in there and score some dirty goals.

-We gotta get the forecheck going.

Etc, etc, etc.

Sadly, Glad to hear it's not just ours. :P  It must be in the players contract to be safe and not say anything interesting for their 30 seconds. Waste of time. There's plenty of characters in the league who could make it fun.

When the Wild return for the next home game I have 1 wish.

Not to ride the zamboni, Not even be a part of a ceremonial puck drop. I'd like to run the sound board and as they hit the ice

and play Yakety Sax :D 

Maybe even play it at the start for every PP.

35 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Sadly, Glad to hear it's not just ours. :P  It must be in the players contract to be safe and not say anything interesting for their 30 seconds. Waste of time. There's plenty of characters in the league who could make it fun.

When the Wild return for the next home game I have 1 wish.

Not to ride the zamboni, Not even be a part of a ceremonial puck drop. I'd like to run the sound board and as they hit the ice

and play Yakety Sax :D 

Maybe even play it at the start for every PP.

Yeah, they sure looked like a Benny Hill skit last night, just not funny like Benny Hill..

Archived