Minnesota Wild vs. Philadelphia Flyers 1/14/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Wells Fargo Arena

CreaseAndAssist

It is time.  It is time to take the C and the A from Suter and Koivu.  They do NOT lead by example.  Parise is accountable.  The question this year, is:  who would you give them to?  Last year, I would have said: Staal and Granlund.  Not sure now.  This team is just a mess of ill-suited players thrown together that lack consistent chemistry.  This is why BB continues to juggle (though sometimes I cannot explain his choices either).  BLOW IT UP BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the Wild's identity? Speed? Not really. In-your-face? Nope. Stingy defensively? Sometimes. Hard working? Parise. Are we big? We don't play like it. Mean? Nope. High-end hands? Maybe Granny. Possession team? Until we get a lead and start dumping (changing not chasing). 

4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I didn't watch the game, but did Walz trot out the "It's only one game..." again?

It was Clymer...who again said it was good the team was playing right away tonight against Los Angeles so they didn't have to dwell on this all that long.  

Clymer did say this loss would haunt this team if we came up a bit short of the playoffs.  That was a close to being honest as he came last night...

33 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

What is the Wild's identity? Speed? Not really. In-your-face? Nope. Stingy defensively? Sometimes. Hard working? Parise. Are we big? We don't play like it. Mean? Nope. High-end hands? Maybe Granny. Possession team? Until we get a lead and start dumping (changing not chasing). 

Let's see.. Speed? 😂Nope. Aggressive and chippy? Nope and nope. Stingy defense? Maybe 1/4 of the games if we are lucky. Defensive-mind? Not really anymore. High flying offense? If you mean dumping the puck deep into their zone and flying off of the ice to get a line change, then yes. Mean and gritty? Nope. Possession team? Maybe 1 out of every 10 games otherwise it's dump and pray (not going to say chase as it requires somebody to actually chase the puck).

I think the true identity is perpetual stew. Throw whatever you can find in the pot and cook it and hope it comes out ok. You have no idea what you are going to get. Maybe one time it's good but the next time you try it again it's just awful. Once we were a defense first team and grind it out in a very low scoring game. Somewhere in the last few years that disappeared and we truly have been having a identity crisis.

4 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

It was Clymer...who again said it was good the team was playing right away tonight against Los Angeles so they didn't have to dwell on this all that long.  

Clymer did say this loss would haunt this team if we came up a bit short of the playoffs.  That was a close to being honest as he came last night...

I'm waiting for the announcement of the infamous "Players Only" meeting...🤣

1 minute ago, EJ0226 said:

Let's see.. Speed? 😂Nope. Aggressive and chippy? Nope and nope. Stingy defense? Maybe 1/4 of the games if we are lucky. Defensive-mind? Not really anymore. High flying offense? If you mean dumping the puck deep into their zone and flying off of the ice to get a line change, then yes. Mean and gritty? Nope. Possession team? Maybe 1 out of every 10 games otherwise it's dump and pray (not going to say chase as it requires somebody to actually chase the puck).

I think the true identity is perpetual stew. Throw whatever you can find in the pot and cook it and hope it comes out ok. You have no idea what you are going to get. Maybe one time it's good but the next time you try it again it's just awful. Once we were a defense first team and grind it out in a very low scoring game. Somewhere in the last few years that disappeared and we truly have been having a identity crisis.

So are they more like a Booya or Gumbo? Maybe not Gumbo. That's pretty spicy for these parts. Maybe Split Pea? 

6 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

So are they more like a Booya or Gumbo? Maybe not Gumbo. That's pretty spicy for these parts. Maybe Split Pea? 

I went with perpetual stew, aka Hunters stew, where you just throw whatever into a pot and cook it together. No rhyme or reason for what you put in.

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

@EJ0226 "I think the true identity is perpetual stew. Throw whatever you can find in the pot and cook it and hope it comes out ok."

😂

Boudreau is our chef, for sure.

I would say Boudreau is the Senior Chef, Fletcher/Fenton are the Sous Chef and Fletcher is the Executive/Head Chef.

27 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I'm waiting for the announcement of the infamous "Players Only" meeting...🤣

I can see it already: 

The door to the locker room shuts...

Suter:  Ok guys...let's talk. 

(lots of guys with 1000 yard stares)

Parise:  This isn't acceptable.  

(more awkward silence...as Suter looks over at Mikko Koivu who seems surprised)

Koivu:  What Ryan?  You want me to say something?  

(Suter nods)

Koivu:  Uh...uh...we have to be better guys...(looks over to Suter for approval)

(Suter nods slowly and Koivu nervously smiles back)

Joel Eriksson Ek:  Maybe....maybe we should talk to coach...(is interrupted)

Suter:  F%ck him...you guys need to start doing your f%cking job! (as Suter gives a nasty stare towards the younger players on the team)  

(a few players look around confused)

Zucker:  What?  Are you (is interrupted)

Suter:  Shut the f$ck up, you guys need to be better, god dammit!...

(younger players either shake their head or just stare at the floor)

Prosser:  C'mon Suits...we're a team here...this isn't just their problem its everybody's problem.  

Suter:  Shut the F%ck up Pross, you're lucky your even here...the young guys are f$cking this season up, everyone knows it.    

(Prosser steps back, eyes watering a bit after being shamed, Joel Eriksson Ek can be heard starting to sniffle and cry a bit)

Spurgeon:  Ry...c'mon Ry...let's calm down man, chill...just chill...we all need to be better, we know that...you know that.

Parise:  Respect your elders Spurg...respect your elders...Suits and I are carrying this team.  We have for the last 6 1/2 years...we don't need you to tell us to chill ok pee wee?  

Spurgeon:  Easy there, no need to get personal man...

Suter:  Then shut the f%ck up, I'm playing on one f%cking leg and I'm better than all of you f$ckers...

(most of the players just stay quiet, not wanting to be berated by Parise or Suter)

Parise:  Ok, ok, now that we got that out of the way.  Dubs...we need you bud, we need you to stop playing like sh%t ok?  

Dubnyk:  Sure, whatever it takes man...I'm feeling good about my game.  I already asked Bruce to start...so its my crease against L.A....let's get a win tonight boys...

(team comes together to put their hands in as Suter points his finger into Zucker's chest)

Suter:  Seriously, if I hear you talk about your wife one more f%ckin' time...

Parise:  Dude...its over...ok?  Ok...team on 3...1, 2, 3

(the team lets out a half hearted Team! yell as Matt Hendricks walks into the locker room)

He notices the team all walking back to their stalls in near silence and he leans over to J.T. Brown and asks...

Hendricks:  What did I miss?

Brown:  (pfft)  Oh, you don't want to know...

Hendricks:  Drama??

Brown nods in the affirmative...

Hendricks (shakes his head and says)  ****, I should've listened to Matty (Cullen) and told this team to get f%cked...

16 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I can see it already: 

(Suter nods)

Koivu:  Uh...uh...we have to be better guys...(looks over to Suter for approval)

Suter:  F%ck him...you guys need to start doing your f%cking job! (as Suter gives a nasty stare towards the younger players on the team)  

Prosser:  C'mon Suits...we're a team here...this isn't just their problem its everybody's problem.  

Suter:  Shut the F%ck up Pross, you're lucky your even here...the young guys are f$cking this season up, everyone knows it.    

(Prosser steps back, eyes watering a bit after being shamed, Joel Eriksson Ek can be heard starting to sniffle and cry a bit)

Spurgeon:  Ry...c'mon Ry...let's calm down man, chill...just chill...we all need to be better, we know that...you know that.

Parise:  Respect your elders Spurg...respect your elders...Suits and I are carrying this team.  We have for the last 6 1/2 years...we don't need you to tell us to chill ok pee wee?  

Suter:  Then shut the f%ck up, I'm playing on one f%cking leg and I'm better than all of you f$ckers...

(most of the players just stay quiet, not wanting to be berated by Parise or Suter)

Parise:  Ok, ok, now that we got that out of the way.  Dubs...we need you bud, we need you to stop playing like sh%t ok?  

Dubnyk:  Sure, whatever it takes man...I'm feeling good about my game.  I already asked Bruce to start...so its my crease against L.A....let's get a win tonight boys...

(team comes together to put their hands in as Suter points his finger into Zucker's chest)

(the team lets out a half hearted Team! yell as Matt Hendricks walks into the locker room)

He notices the team all walking back to their stalls in near silence and he leans over to J.T. Brown and asks...

Hendricks (shakes his head and says)  ****, I should've listened to Matty (Cullen) and told this team to get f%cked...

Probably about right, especially from Mr "Gee, wouldn't it be cool to come back from this injury and win a Cup?" The only cup Suter is going to have at the end of his career with the Wild is the one in his jock...

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I can see it already: 

(Suter nods)

How I can see it going:

Suter: Hey guys, so what is everybody's plans for this off season?

Everybody gives a little rundown on what is planned.

Suter: Great talk. I think our problems will resolve themselves. Now I am going to go to my corner and leave me alone.

Koivu: Everybody gather and hands in the middle. Don't look at me or talk to me on three! One, two, three!

Craig Leipold: Everybody needs to play like the best leaders any teams have ever had. *Points to Koivu, Suter and Parise*  These guys are true pros. They are my favorites on this team. Everybody else is expendable. These three have been our top 3 scorers each year since the 2016! Dubnyk will make any stop we need. He is like if Hasek and Roy had a kid together!

Staal and Granlund sitting in the corner looking very confused and trying to ask what about us since we have been the top scorers the last few seasons.

In the corner we find Nino looking in the mirror trying to pump himself up by saying some things like "You are not intimidated. You are just having bad luck." "You can do it. You are not scared". "I won't back down".

Coyle had his headphones on facing the wrong way and noticed nothing.

Leipold has implemented his 'tweak.'

Since he's owned the team and after they face an embarrassing loss, MN Wild marketing ploys fill Facebook with promotional crap or human nature type articles about the team... Up-coming games are advertised with all kinds of (hot air) blown into them, games are hyped as well as the 'proverbial team leaders' in all their greatness... As if the blow out ten minutes ago or from the night before; never happened.

SOLD!

Too many people buy into that crap and the whole organization acts like it never took place.

But his 'tweak' has hit Facebook now with these last two totally humiliating defeats. In the last few days LOTS of MN Wild write-ups have included the terrible losses instead of ignoring like before. Accountable? It seems the front office aren't hiding behind promotional type campaigns and rather sharing the joy in being disappointed.

14 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Leipold has implemented his 'tweak.'

Since he's owned the team and after they face an embarrassing loss, MN Wild marketing ploys fill Facebook with promotional crap or human nature type articles about the team... Up-coming games are advertised with all kinds of (hot air) blown into them, games are hyped as well as the 'proverbial team leaders' in all their greatness... As if the blow out ten minutes ago or from the night before; never happened.

SOLD!

Too many people buy into that crap and the whole organization acts like it never took place.

But his 'tweak' has hit Facebook now with these last two totally humiliating defeats. In the last few days LOTS of MN Wild write-ups have included the terrible losses instead of ignoring like before. Accountable? It seems the front office aren't hiding behind promotional type campaigns and rather sharing the joy in being disappointed.

I still got to love the reddit fans of the Vikings and Wild. Point out something like the Wild had two bad back to back loses and you get downvoted to hell. Only positivity there. I wonder how they would react if they actually read those write ups seeing it come from the front office.

I am glad to see that maybe for once the front office is taking some accountability. Maybe it's coming from Fenton.

19 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Clymer did say this loss would haunt this team if we came up a bit short of the playoffs. 

This really not true at all.

Shouldn't haunt them any more than any other disappointing lose during the season. They all are worth 2 points.

Point to any loss within the season and blame it for not making the playoffs not just the loss to Philly.

Getting blasted 5-2 just a big a loss to the Redwings before the Philly game. Or even losing to the Blackhawks 5-2.

Or back to back losses to the Oilers and Flames. Losing 4-3 to the Yotes.

As i said all games are worth 2 points and you can reflect on any game they come up short in.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

As i said all games are worth 2 points and you can reflect on any game they come up short in.

Agreed. Clymer is just reading Walz's script. 

Too many of these effortless performances and coming up "A bit short" is what you deserve.

Like any of the losses you mentioned, I like to offset them by the wins that we might have 'stole' from the top teams.

The one's I keep in mind are the 2-3 goal leads that get blown (especially in the 3rd) that qualify as the haunting one's, 

Especially if you're known for being a defensively minded team.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, OccamsRazor said:

This really not true at all.

Shouldn't haunt them any more than any other disappointing lose during the season. They all are worth 2 points.

Point to any loss within the season and blame it for not making the playoffs not just the loss to Philly.

Getting blasted 5-2 just a big a loss to the Redwings before the Philly game. Or even losing to the Blackhawks 5-2.

Or back to back losses to the Oilers and Flames. Losing 4-3 to the Yotes.

Agree with that too. If anything is going to haunt the team it's the fact they don't play like a team but a bunch of individuals doing their own thing out there. Once and awhile it comes together and they get a nice win. If the team was playing the way they were playing this season but playing as a team, sticking up for each other, fighting and grinding for each other and doing the we versus them, it would suck to still lose but I would have a lot more pride in the team and feel better. But the fact they have played together for years now, minus a player or two, and still play the way they do is very worrisome.

Archived