Wild vs. Blues 2/24/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues brewed up a bit of a offensive zone storm at the end of the period, but Minnesota weathered it.
Hopefully that doesn't become the theme for the 3rd period.

Dubnyk seems to be tracking the puck well, but I am worried about the Wild line changes...don't seem to be timely, and it is, IMO, what had them in trouble in the closing minutes of that last period.

Can't say I care very much for the "take the body" play of either Bitetto or Hunt, but they have excellent sticks and did a good job disrupting lots of St. Louis set ups.

Wanna see Minnesota come out with a bit more driving of the net in the 3rd. Blues can't seem to help themselves in taking penalties there...and managing the line changes is a must!

Come out and get'm boys!
:wild:

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Blues brewed up a bit of a offensive zone storm at the end of the period, but Minnesota weathered it.
Hopefully that doesn't become the theme for the 3rd period.

Dubnyk seems to be tracking the puck well, but I am worried about the Wild line changes...don't seem to be timely, and it is, IMO, what had them in trouble in the closing minutes of that last period.

Can't say I care very much for the "take the body" play of either Bitetto or Hunt, but they have excellent sticks and did a good job disrupting lots of St. Louis set ups.

Wanna see Minnesota come out with a bit more driving of the net in the 3rd. Blues can't seem to help themselves in taking penalties there...and managing the line changes is a must!

Come out and get'm boys!
:wild:

The sense of ugency dooms these guys over and over 

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

And we are tied 

You could almost see that one coming with all the pressure.

That said, that puck changed direction, THROUGH several screens and clanked in....probably hard if not impossible for ANY goalie to stop that.

Nevertheless, the Blues have been taking it to Minnesota....Wild need to reverse this trend..and fast.

I would like to say that I am not feeling some loose bowels with how the Wild are playin in 3rd, however, I would be lying....Not feeling a high degree of confidence with the momentum change.  We just seem to be waiting for any bad thing to happen

C'mon, Suter.  You don't rail it around right back to the point!?!?  Our kids did that in Squirts.  Has anyone ever seen a former All-Star Defensemen regress like Suter has in the past few years?  I see it with W's and C's more often, but not so much on D.  He just doesn't want to 'mess his hair' on most plays - plays like a beotch.  Love Spurgeon (best all-around D on Wild), and think that Brodin is also now past 20 (and Dumba passed him by a while ago).  Suter should be on Line 2 or 3....

Archived