Wild vs. Blues 2/24/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Blues Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (29-27-6)  64pts  6th in the Central

2.74 Goals For Per Game (26th in the NHL)

2.92 Goals Against Per Game (12th in the NHL)

21.1% Power Play (14th in the NHL)

80.3% Penalty Kill (18th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 24G 28A = 52pts

2. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 15G 34A = 49pts

3. #12 Eric Staal ~ 18G 22A = 40pts

4. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 6G 34A = 40pts

5. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 12G 25A = 37pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 44 PIM’s

2. #29 Greg Pateryn ~ 35 PIM’s

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 35 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (23-21-5)  2.63GAA  .910%SP  1SO

2. #32 Alex Stalock (6-6-1)  3.08GAA  .890%SP

Vs.

St. Louis Blues (32-23-5)  69pts  3rd in the Central

2.95 Goals For Per Game (16th in the NHL)

2.77 Goals Against Per Game (7th in the NHL)

18.7% Power Play (18th in the NHL)

80.6% Penalty Kill (15th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #90 Ryan O’Reilly ~ 24G 39A = 63pts

2. #91 Vladimir Tarasenko ~ 27G 25A = 52pts

3. #17 Jaden Schwartz ~ 6G 22A = 28pts

4. #27 Alex Pietrangelo ~ 8G 18A = 26pts

5. #21 Tyler Bozak ~ 9G 16A = 25pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #6 Joel Edmundson ~ 60 PIM’s

2. #7 Patrick Maroon ~ 52 PIM’s

3. #41 Robert Bortuzzo ~ 35 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #30 Jordan Binnington (14-2-1)  1.70GAA  .934%SP  4SO

2. #34 Jake Allen (17-15-4)  2.98GAA  .901%SP  2SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post gamer which by the way will have a TON of extras in what was a very busy week of hockey both locally and abroad.  The Blues played yesterday and eek'ed out a 2-1 win over Boston.  Charlie Coyle was himself in his debut and didn't do anything that made me wish he was still here.  Binnington saved the Blues' bacon multiple times and was pretty busy.  While he's certainly their hot hand I'd be surprised if Allen didn't get the start today.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked for our schedule till the end of the season. Sincerely, I do not remember such a depressing tough schedule in a Wild history for a remaining  month and a half . Practically all teams in that stretch are a playoff teams except maybe  2-3.  If we want to show for our fans any nice hockey we should play as a playoff hockey team every game since today. Hope the team will be able to show that level for the fans especially on a home ice. Wish same as MNSOTA, the first goal for Donato in a Wild uniform who is having 3 points in 2 games already and which is a not bad effort for a rookie. I also like Hunt's shots too, who is having a pretty nice power in it , but wish to see them more and more and more (3 times more) often. Kunin, Greenway and Ek making an evident progress too.  Good for them.

It seems St.Louis team built their recent confidence and results through the impressive play of their goaltender - Jordan Binnington (14-2-1) 1.7 GAA; 4 SO. 

That winter is getting me crazy as indoor as well as outside. It is something, which I do not remember for at least 23 years. 

Let's go Wild!
Gotta re-establish that home ice advantage...used to be Wild were ALWAYS favorites at the X....need to make it that way again.

And yea, @Oregonwildfan , I'd like to see the Wild knock the Blues back a peg or two as well.
#StLouisJohnnyComeLatelys :shifty:

Stars got a win today, and the Avs leapfrogged them, Minnesota needs a W to keep pace.

3 minutes ago, Oregonwildfan said:

I like how nobody got in Tarasenkos face skating into dooby. I know there was nothing malicious but every other teams defensemen would be in his face for getting that close. So soft 

Same thing I told my wife after that happened. So so soft 

1 minute ago, Starofthenorth said:

I'm curious as to why that wasn't a penalty shot. He was in the shooting motion and penalty was committed and he didn't get it off fully. 

You have ya have a clear path to get a penalty shot. That really wasn’t even close 

Archived