Shame

Jam1986

Whether Gordon is gone or not, I wouldn't mind if before Game 1 of next season, the new HC (with the support of management) benches a few of the "leaders" on this team for dogging it in this game.That game showed me NO PRIDE whatsoever.

This club misses a player and leader like Keith Primeau because he was vocal. There simply is no vocal leader in Philadelphia. Giroux is a player who plays his heart on the ice, but he needs the cop in the locker room. This off-season, the Flyers NEED vocal leaders in that locker room, from coaching to players. I think they need Quenneville now. His voice would carry some weight in that locker room and would ease some of the burden on Giroux until a new voice in the locker room is found or brought in. It'll be very interesting to see what direction they go in this summer.

10 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

No heart no soul no integrity no leadership. BLOW IT UP. Its further away than anyone thinks.

Part of me wants to say you're wrong.

Then the other half says you're on to something.

And now that they have a goalie like Hart can we not waste his prime years like they have Giroux's.

It would be nice...and a Cup before I die wouldn't hurt either.

7 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

This club misses a player and leader like Keith Primeau because he was vocal. There simply is no vocal leader in Philadelphia. Giroux is a player who plays his heart on the ice, but he needs the cop in the locker room. This off-season, the Flyers NEED vocal leaders in that locker room, from coaching to players. I think they need Quenneville now. His voice would carry some weight in that locker room and would ease some of the burden on Giroux until a new voice in the locker room is found or brought in. It'll be very interesting to see what direction they go in this summer.

And this point it can't hurt right.

It seems all Gordon has done to this point is rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Part of me wants to say you're wrong.

Then the other half says you're on to something.

And now that they have a goalie like Hart can we not waste his prime years like they have Giroux's.

It would be nice...and a Cup before I die wouldn't hurt either.

Carter Hart is 20, if he follows a typical developmental path his prime years are 3 years away, 1.5 if he's a true prodigy like Carey Price.

Current whipping boy and shouldabeen a 25 goal scorer Oscar Lindblom has played 100 NHL games and is 22.

We've been 'round about Travis Sanhiem so I'm not going to bring him up.  My point is, these guys are good players who if they develop will be very good to all star players, Lindblom is smart-and the reason he should have 25 goals is because he gets himself in goal scoring position. The finish is the last thing to come for non-superstar guys... 23 has excelled in every league he's played in, he's also improved in every league he's played in...

These guys this team is relying on to play big minutes, 11, 19, 9, 6, 23, 21, 61 are young, young guys and are far from finished products or playstation programs...so lighten up on 'em just a little.  

I know you see their talent, it's there, they're close and they already "don't suck" The NHL is the best league in the world only the truly exceptional players come into it and light it up right away.  In 2 years if 23 and 11 are still ringing posts like this year, you can say you told me so. 

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The finish is the last thing to come for non-superstar guys... 23 has excelled in every league he's played in, he's also improved in every league he's played in...

Hey I hope he can turn into a nice goal scorer this team needs it even if he plays in the bottom 6 they need guys who can finish

Good lawd Laughton and Raffl can't.

The jury is still out on Hartman but I have seen him miss his share in the short time he has been here which isn't encouraging.

Flyers need that Yanni Gourde type who plays in the bottom 6 but when he gets his chances he makes teams pay....plus this just eases the burden on the top 6.

I hope Oskar can be that guy soon.

19 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

ts further away than anyone thinks.

I have been saying this forever... The Hextall 5 year plan was more like an 8-10 year plan.  Not every prospect is going to pan out and fans need to understand there is going to be growing pains.  But, the fact this team can't play out of the gate most nights is getting pretty old.  This is why this offseason is so important.  Changes need to be made and outside of Hart, Couts and Provy I would listen to anything.  Not saying blow it up but things need to change.

Hextalls plan was okay, except for the corporate crap of sneaking into the playoffs, not to develop but just for the cash. You can't win a cup drafting 14th. The team has some assets right now that I'm sure GMS around the league will overpay for. IMO this group doesn't have the jam, the moxie, the guts, call it whatever you want. I honestly see only 3untouchables, Hart, Provorov, Farabee. The rest I would move for the right return. Sorry Mojo, no lovefest here, would like to see a cup before I'm gone. Also, I am not a fan of the non contact hockey the current Flyers are playing. Try and get video of the Caps-Bolts or Sharks-LVK Saturday night. Thats real big boy hockey. That used to be what the hockey world called Flyers hockey.

Archived