Jump to content

Round #2 Western Conference: St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1)


Round #2: St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1)  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the series?

    • Blues sweep
      0
    • Blues in 5
      0
    • Blues in 6
      1
    • Blues in 7
      1
    • Stars sweep
      0
    • Stars in 5
      0
    • Stars in 6
      2
    • Stars in 7
      0


Recommended Posts

All discussion regarding the Blues vs Stars Round #2 playoff series to go here.

 

Schedule: TBD

 

Image result for blues vs stars playoffs

Edited by pilldoc
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to go with my gut and go with the Stars in 6.

 

I think they get under the Blues skin.

 

They are an opportunistic team.

 

I think Bishop will frustrate them and be the difference maker.

 

Or I couldn't be completely wrong and just have gas.

 

:beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I also picked the Stars in 6, but Bishop has been inconsistent so far vs the Blues: terrific games followed by so-so performances. After game 5 I was sure Dallas would close the series at home, but they remained in the locker room, so here we go with a 7th game and everything is open, it will be 50-50...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, Villette/Lavaux said:

I also picked the Stars in 6, but Bishop has been inconsistent so far vs the Blues: terrific games followed by so-so performances. After game 5 I was sure Dallas would close the series at home, but they remained in the locker room, so here we go with a 7th game and everything is open, it will be 50-50...

Cant blame Bishop for last night.  Blues outplayed them something awful

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Cant blame Bishop for last night.  Blues outplayed them something awful

 

3 shots in like 45 minutes. The Blues' domination was quite embarrassing, moreover in a 7th game. A Dallas win would have been one of the biggest steal in NHL history, but that was close to happen, having Radulov be able to adjust his one-timer instead of chasing flies with 1:30 remaining...

 

Game #6 was quite the same with a lesser extent. Seems that the Stars just ran out of gas after game #5. Benn was absolutely ordinary, playing heavily with no emotions and no urgency.

Edited by Villette/Lavaux
Link to post
Share on other sites

Schenn was pretty good though, he didn't show up on the score sheet but his line was really effective throughout the series. They created a pile or chances. He was really good along the wall and looked pretty good off the rush too. 

 

I'm not saying the trade is bad. I think it was a wake up call for him, and the Blues let him play center and let him play-he's responded by playing pretty well. 

 

I don't mind that nor do I mind  his team is doing well. 

 

Edited by mojo1917
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

 

3 shots in like 45 minutes. The Blues' domination was quite embarrassing, moreover in a 7th game. A Dallas win would have been one of the biggest steal in NHL history, but that was close to happen, having Radulov be able to adjust his one-timer instead of chasing flies with 1:30 remaining...

 

Game #6 was quite the same with a lesser extent. Seems that the Stars just ran out of gas after game #5. Benn was absolutely ordinary, playing heavily with no emotions and no urgency.

Too much talent and the Sharks or Avalanche are going to get the same lesson.  I do not believe either can hang with the Blues.  Boston is the only team that I think will be a true fight.  If they survive Carolina. I am going to pick Carolina to pull the upset in game one.  I think Boston might take them lightly at first and are not emotionally into it like Carolina yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...