Round #2 Western Conference: St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1)

pilldoc

Round #2: St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Blues sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7
    • Stars sweep
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

I have to go with my gut and go with the Stars in 6.

I think they get under the Blues skin.

They are an opportunistic team.

I think Bishop will frustrate them and be the difference maker.

Or I couldn't be completely wrong and just have gas.

:beer:

• 2 weeks later...

I also picked the Stars in 6, but Bishop has been inconsistent so far vs the Blues: terrific games followed by so-so performances. After game 5 I was sure Dallas would close the series at home, but they remained in the locker room, so here we go with a 7th game and everything is open, it will be 50-50...

On 5/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, Villette/Lavaux said:

I also picked the Stars in 6, but Bishop has been inconsistent so far vs the Blues: terrific games followed by so-so performances. After game 5 I was sure Dallas would close the series at home, but they remained in the locker room, so here we go with a 7th game and everything is open, it will be 50-50...

Cant blame Bishop for last night.  Blues outplayed them something awful

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Cant blame Bishop for last night.  Blues outplayed them something awful

3 shots in like 45 minutes. The Blues' domination was quite embarrassing, moreover in a 7th game. A Dallas win would have been one of the biggest steal in NHL history, but that was close to happen, having Radulov be able to adjust his one-timer instead of chasing flies with 1:30 remaining...

Game #6 was quite the same with a lesser extent. Seems that the Stars just ran out of gas after game #5. Benn was absolutely ordinary, playing heavily with no emotions and no urgency.

Edited by Villette/Lavaux

Schenn was pretty good though, he didn't show up on the score sheet but his line was really effective throughout the series. They created a pile or chances. He was really good along the wall and looked pretty good off the rush too. 

I'm not saying the trade is bad. I think it was a wake up call for him, and the Blues let him play center and let him play-he's responded by playing pretty well. 

I don't mind that nor do I mind  his team is doing well. 

Edited by mojo1917

2 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

3 shots in like 45 minutes. The Blues' domination was quite embarrassing, moreover in a 7th game. A Dallas win would have been one of the biggest steal in NHL history, but that was close to happen, having Radulov be able to adjust his one-timer instead of chasing flies with 1:30 remaining...

Game #6 was quite the same with a lesser extent. Seems that the Stars just ran out of gas after game #5. Benn was absolutely ordinary, playing heavily with no emotions and no urgency.

Too much talent and the Sharks or Avalanche are going to get the same lesson.  I do not believe either can hang with the Blues.  Boston is the only team that I think will be a true fight.  If they survive Carolina. I am going to pick Carolina to pull the upset in game one.  I think Boston might take them lightly at first and are not emotionally into it like Carolina yet