Disgruntled Nylander takes parting shot at Sabres

Buffalo Rick

After being traded for the new guy fro the Blackhawks, whose name I will not even attempt to spell, Nylander had words.  Not good ones.  He was not happy that they had him in Rochester but what the hell did he expect?  He was not ready and I doubt he is ready to crack the Chicago lineup either.  See you in the next trip to Rochester jerk off.  I really am not sure about this trade.  I do not think its a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

18 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I really am not sure about this trade.  I do not think its a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

Adding Vesey/Johansson may have made Nylander more expendable in the Grand Scheme of Things.

Generally, I think young D prospects with high ceiling potential are more valuable than potential middle six forwards.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were more shoes to drop.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

Adding Vesey/Johansson may have made Nylander more expendable in the Grand Scheme of Things.

Generally, I think young D prospects with high ceiling potential are more valuable than potential middle six forwards.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were more shoes to drop.

As long as they don't get very stupid and trade Risto like some keep suggesting.  Why in the hell would they do something so stupid?  I think there is too much rave over Dahlin. I think he is overated and I would have possibly even passed on him as the first pick.  Risto is our best guy back there. The most talented defenseman in Sabres history and they are talking about a trade?  I mean fans. I am not sure where this comes from. So far so good, as Botteril has not done something so stupid. But I am concerned because we need forwards and he keeps on piling up defensemen.  Maybe for Rochester too granted. 

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Risto is our best guy back there. The most talented defenseman in Sabres history and they are talking about a trade?

Fans are worried about his 40 points, -40. I think a better goalie and more solid overall team presence would help that, though.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:03 PM, radoran said:

Fans are worried about his 40 points, -40. I think a better goalie and more solid overall team presence would help that, though.

Top shelf hockey, a You Tube hockey site, believes the Sabres robbed the Blackhawks blind on this one?  Not sure.  But he thinks it points to the Sabres trading Risto for a 2nd line Center straight up?  He then said he likes the Buffalo team alot heading into the regular season.  Deep blue line and Middlestadt could be moved to the 3rd line center.  I say unless its Patrick Kane or  Teresenko or Marner, FORGET IT!!!!!!!

Nylander can take all the parting shots he wants at Buffalo..... his AHL numbers were average at best and the Sabres were trying to figure out who was a keeper and who wasn't at the NHL level and thought it best to have Nylander ply his trade in top minutes in Rochester.

Was it the best move? I don't really know. But since Nylander was a top ten draft pick, I am sure he felt he should have been in the NHL right away, no questions asked....well, we all know that doesn't always work out that way.

Would the Sabres have been a better offensive team if Nylander had been in their lineup right away? Again, who knows...maybe Nylander DOES have a point.
Coulda, woulda, shouldas…… I think the Sabres did what they thought best for the young player and their organization.

I take all kinds of potshots at Buffalo here and there, but I think by now, people should realize, I do it to mess with ya, @Hockey Junkie. :)
If you had been paying attention the last six years, you would see that I actually always had respect for the Sabres organization's attention to defense and their overall competitive culture....and I rooted for them MANY times against other teams such as Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, the Rangers, the Caps, etc.

But I think the Sabres really DO want to build a long term contender and they are going about it the right way. And bringing in a guy like Jokiharju and sending off Nylander goes right along with that.... as was parting ways with Berglund, and NOT giving Evander Kane (trading him too) a long term contract.

I won't take anything away from Nylander though....he was a top ten draft pick for a reason, and he tore up any junior leagues he played in.
Wouldn't surprise me if he completely bloomed into a full fledged NHL'er with the Hawks, given the forward ranks they have over there and their playstyle.
And if Nylander has any class, he will just enjoy his "becoming a man" with Chicago and not take any further shots at the Sabres down the road.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

IMO, good for both teams.  Chicago obviously felt deep enough with young defenseman that it could let Jokiharju go to add another young, skilled forward.  The Blackhawks have a really youthful group right now and a young coach to go with it.  

Seems like it for now. Nylander already with 7 points and Jokiharju has 6, both of them having played every game. Win-win?

Although the Hawks hasn't won a whole lot and the Sabres are on a losing streak. But the players seem to be happy! 🙂