Wild vs. Blues 10/30/19 @ 7:00PM CST at Scottrade Center

CreaseAndAssist

3 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

tyler tofolli for rask good deal or no

Maybe. But he’s a left wing. He does shoot right, but then that leaves the Wild short a center. The cap hit should work and it would be nice to be rid of a big salary after a year instead of three more years. 

Missed Opportunities Haunt Wild in 2-1 Loss to Blues

Minnesota had plenty of chances to not only tie the game but win.  And like Fiala's shot off the rush...totally missed.  Not sure why with the empty net we keep dumping it in and not using Dumba and Hunt at the points.  They just sit and let Suter shoot...why wouldn't they.  The vets clearly asked to carry the mail tonight and look what it got us...another loss.  Yawn.  I have a full game recap and some prospect news.  Enjoy...

There just isn't enough will, grit, or talent on this team.  25-28 wins, MAX.  Our highest paid or TOI players have 'performed' in the following way:

Parise 3 pts.   -12 +/-

Suter   6 pts.   -10 +/-

Spurg  6 pts.   -10 +/-

Dumb  6 pts.   -11 +/-

Koivu   5 pts    -3 +/-

Zucc    2 pts.   -6 +/-

These aren't the numbers of a playoff team, or even a winning hockey team.  They are a horrible ROI.  This means that we can expect the following if the statistical trends stay the same (which isn't likely, but nonetheless demonstrates how putrid they are playing for their ridiculous salaries):

Parise 18 pts.   -72 +/-

Suter   36 pts.   -60 +/-

Spurg  36 pts.   -60 +/-

Dumb  36 pts.   -66 +/-

Koivu   30 pts    -18 +/-

Zucc    12 pts.   -18 +/-

Zucker and Staal are not without blame either, but their numbers and pay, aren't quite as abysmal.  SMH - vigorously...

14 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Maybe. But he’s a left wing. He does shoot right, but then that leaves the Wild short a center. The cap hit should work and it would be nice to be rid of a big salary after a year instead of three more years. 

I would take that trade. Rask really hasn’t shown anything to make me think he will improve or contribute in a meaningful way. 
maybe tafoli can help, and we definitely need more right handers. 

14 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I would take that trade. Rask really hasn’t shown anything to make me think he will improve or contribute in a meaningful way. 
maybe tafoli can help, and we definitely need more right handers. 

It would give the Kings an overabundance of centers. I'm not sure they would want to take ice time away from some of the young guys they are grooming (Lizotte, Prokhorkin, Amadio). 

The Wild would also be short a center. So they probably have to move Kunin back to center. And Boudreau has made it known he does not like Kunin at center and prefers him on the wing with his right shot.

I don't know. It would give the Wild some cap relief next season when Toffoli becomes a free agent, but to what end? Sign another 30-something UFA to a mega-contract and a NTC? One plus with Rask is he could be left unprotected for the Seattle draft, and they might take him just to get to the salary floor.

To me a Rask for Toffoli trade is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Rask isn't the problem. It's guys like Parise, Zuccarello, and to a lesser extend Staal and Zucker. Staal seems to have turned it around, but Zucker is turning into a Dumba: makes a great offensive play and then makes a boneheaded defensive play that wipes out the great offensive play. The young guys need to start doing something too: Fiala, Donato, Greenway, and Kunin. These guys are supposed to be scorers and they have a combined 43 games. 2 goals, 9 assists and a -12. Rask looks positively stellar next to those four: 7 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, +2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

A good effort but it is what it is...

Exactly how I felt. They put a good effort out but even their good effort isn't good enough to win. I feel this team has to put out a beyond great effort to win a game. Maybe a trade or two could change things up but right now I can't see this team winning more then 22 games this season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

Exactly how I felt. They put a good effort out but even their good effort isn't good enough to win. I feel this team has to put out a beyond great effort to win a game. Maybe a trade or two could change things up but right now I can't see this team winning more then 22 games this season.

or at least, it will end up to a coach be replaced if we will keep losing lots of games. Why it took so long for Bruce Boudreau to put together Zucker-Staal-Zuccarello? I was proposing that line as soon as Zuccarello was signed to our team. It seems this line is the best so far for the big club, because it does have a some continuous production. But still it is not enough , because other lines have close to zero production. Hoping, that our defense will increase in goals from their side too. At least Koivu and Parise should be benched, Suter should have a less playing time - impossible to see too many mistakes(he is not a young goat anymore, but looks like an old bull). Mayhew and Dumont should be reassigned back to the big club to make some improvements/changes in our standings. Would be nice if Mat Robson will get a try in the Wild uniform in the net too. Otherwise we will remain at the bottom of the league like many commentators and fans are predicting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

or at least, it will end up to a coach be replaced if we will keep losing lots of games. Why it took so long for Bruce Boudreau to put together Zucker-Staal-Zuccarello? I was proposing that line as soon as Zuccarello was signed to our team. It seems this line is the best so far for the big club, because it does have a some continuous production. But still it is not enough , because other lines have close to zero production. Hoping, that our defense will increase in goals from their side too. At least Koivu and Parise should be benched, Suter should have a less playing time - impossible to see too many mistakes(he is not a young goat anymore, but looks like an old bull). Mayhew and Dumont should be reassigned back to the big club to make some improvements/changes in our standings. Would be nice if Mat Robson will get a try in the Wild uniform in the net too. Otherwise we will remain at the bottom of the league like many commentators and fans are predicting.

I honestly think BB only has a part input into the lines. Something is right. BB makes his share of mistakes but the guy has always tried to put together a winning team and all of a sudden he doesn't here.

3 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

I’d let it play out. There isn’t a trade this team could pull off right now that would fix what is wrong with the team. Just ride it out. Maybe they do only win 22 games. Maybe then they’ll finally get to draft a legit #1 center rather than drafting these “safe” players all the time...

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

They should only trade if the trade would help us in 4 - 5 years perspective. That's the starting point of a new window of opportunity for us. A very optimistic one.

I wouldn’t trade anyone right now. I’d make it so miserable that guys would ask to be traded. That’s the only way this team can be rebuilt. Doesn’t do any good to trade away the few assets the team has like Kunin and Fiala (providing they start scoring and have some value) if guys like Staal and Parise are still here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I wanted them to package everyone they could with the pitiful prospects we have for as many draft picks as possible. 
when there’s no one left the nmc’s will want out. 

I think that is what is going to have to happen. Problem is that none of the prospects are showing anything. They can't skate, they can't score, they don't do much of anything. So you're not going to get first or second round picks for them. Unless Fenton suddenly becomes a GM somewhere again...