Thoughts on putting NAK on PP?

RonJeremy

I dont know why NAK is not on the PP, he makes great passes, has a great shot and most of all , has a scorers mentality and a great sense of where to go on the ice for an open shot. Our PP is so stagnant,  all the passes are telegraphed , its like slow motion and there is no movement or rotation on the ice. Our plays are so predictable , we arent fooling anyone.

• Good Post 1

36 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I dont know why NAK is not on the PP, he makes great passes, has a great shot and most of all , has a scorers mentality and a great sense of where to go on the ice for an open shot. Our PP is so stagnant,  all the passes are telegraphed , its like slow motion and there is no movement or rotation on the ice. Our plays are so predictable , we arent fooling anyone.

At this point i'm down for trying anything to get this powerplay going. Kid is pretty strong on the puck and as you mentioned has a hell of a shot no matter a slapper or a wrister dude can pick the corners from what i have seen...in fact my one complaint about him like many here and that he does use it ENOUGH.

So sure why not try it....so who's spot is he going to take???

I would start with replacing Laughton with him on PP2.

Then if it works you could bump him up to PP1 which is the real issue and slide someone to the PP2.

Right now Laughton has zero power play points anyway and NAK even already has a power play goal (as many as Farabee) so far this year why not.

• Like 1

why not ?

He's strong on the puck, has a pretty good shot, sees the ice well. 

He might be a good net front presence especially with his hands. 

He'd also be good on the half wall to win puck battles. 

I don't see a down side to be honest.

• Like 3

I

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Yeah, my comment was intended to get a well timed snarky cooment from OR.

Im still not totally on board with him though. He came out, guns blazin, then cooled. I'd like to see more consistency 

I think he would be better on the third line, but Clitlick is playing well. Its worth seeing how NAK would do playing with our better players , thats why they should try him on the PP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I

I think he would be better on the third line, but Clitlick is playing well. Its worth seeing how NAK would do playing with our better players , thats why they should try him on the PP.

I'm not too proud to say I chuckled audibly at Clitlick.

• Like 2

Not only PP1 but try him out on a line with Coots and G in a few offensive shifts, I know, I know might sound extreme but that way Jake could be put on the Hayes or Laughton line, here and there.

One completely frustrating thing I see at almost every game is this: N.AK is waiting for an outlet pass and is heading by the red line and you can see there is an opportunity for him to break out and cause a scoring chance. He reminds me of TK when he does that, but NO ONE, almost absolutely NO ONE passes him the breakout pass and then he circles back to look for another opportunity, It really can make one salty. 

Pass him the freakin' puck already, give him an offensive freakin' breakaway chance....

When Enemy of the Philadelphia State Mike Milbury gushes over N.AK on National TV and National Broadcasters like saying his name, you know you have a solid player.

Change his Jersey number already to 47.

Edited by LegionOfDoom

On 2/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, RonJeremy said:

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I knew NAK on the PP would be a good idea

I should be Coach

:hockey1:

I like how AV did this last night.  He put out a scrub PP unit at the end of the game and just as JJ was calling it a "classy" move, they scored.  

It think they might as well keep trying it!

• Like 2