Flyers to sign Linus Sandin

Swedish forward Linus Sandin intends to sign with the Philadelphia Flyers -- although he can't officially do so until the NHL finalizes new international transfer agreements.

Sandin was one of the SHL's top scorers with 19 goals for HV71 last season and had multiple NHL offers.

• Like 2

Here's some highlights...from watching these his forte' seems to be being in the right place at the right time. Apparently many teams wanted to sign him, so we'll take it. And there's not much other Flyer news going on right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Swedish forward Linus Sandin intends to sign with the Philadelphia Flyers -- although he can't officially do so until the NHL finalizes new international transfer agreements.

Sandin was one of the SHL's top scorers with 19 goals for HV71 last season and had multiple NHL offers.

I like everything about this player: RW, more of a scorer, leader ("C" of his team at times). Awesome signing. Why is his international play so limited? No Hlinka, no World Juniors. Late bloomer?

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/139091/linus-sandin

9 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I like everything about this player: RW, more of a scorer, leader ("C" of his team at times). Awesome signing. Why is his international play so limited? No Hlinka, no World Juniors. Late bloomer?

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/139091/linus-sandin

From the little I read about him, yes, late bloomer.

6 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

When Oscar and Patrick come back next year, what is the roster gonna be like with Sandin in the fold. Pitlick, Frost, Raffle and Grant?

Sandin more than likely will be a Phantom unless of course he impresses and forces them to keep him around otherwise I would expect he will need some transition time from the big ice to the smaller size ice.

Hey at this point I would be just happy we have hockey back...

• Like 1

Flahr praised the work of scout Joakim Grundberg, who was instrumental in drafting Lindblom in 2014, for his work in pursuing Sandin and “pushing for him from the beginning.”

3 hours ago, hf101 said:

Flahr praised the work of scout Joakim Grundberg, who was instrumental in drafting Lindblom in 2014, for his work in pursuing Sandin and “pushing for him from the beginning.”

You have to trust your scouts ultimately. Until you decide you can't trust them, of course, in which case you fire them all. 

His skating looks like it needs work. Not a great stride. But that's why you train that stuff. He looks like a smart, opportunistic player. That's good. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1