Sabres just fired Botterill. Replaced with Kevyn Adams

Buffalo Rick

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Good.  He could have done far better with the goalie and coach situations

I agree Botterill had to go...the Sabres are a rudderless ship. But Adams? How about an NHL calibre GM? Pegula has been hiring/firing Gms as fast as Jack tells him to..I see that trend continuing.

What has Pegula changed more since he bought the team...coaches, GMs or jerseys? I can't keep track.

And who the F spells Kevin with a "Y"?

Sorry Rick...I don't see this being helpful to your team. More top 5 picks on the way.

Edited by flyercanuck

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree Botterill had to go...the Sabres are a rudderless ship. But Adams? How about an NHL calibre GM? Pegula has been hiring/firing Gms as fast as Jack tells him to..I see that trend continuing.

What has Pegula changed more since he bought the team...coaches, GMs or jerseys? I can't keep track.

And who the F spells Kevin with a "Y"?

Sorry Rick...I don't see this being helpful to your team. More top 5 picks on the way.

If he does the obvious he can do the job right.  He just tweeted he has been n the organization 8 years and this is day 1. Getting rid of Hutton comes first.  I keep Linus Ullmark though.  Good backup or more.  Like Biron and Enroth.  Need forwards.  But first, get rid the f Coronavirus 

In effect, the Pegulas cleaned house. Now there's a belief that Sabres superstar captain Jack Eichel might be at the center of things.

Check out these comments from NHL insider Elliotte Friedman on his latest 31 Thoughts podcast:

"I don't think Botterill wanted to give Jack Eichel that contract and ownership said "we're doing it". And I don't think Botterill wanted to give Jeff Skinner that deal. I think what Botterill wanted to do was offer big money for a low term.
"Jason Botterill, from what I heard, is not a "term guy". He says too many teams get burned by those mistakes and I think he was overruled. I think what they're looking at right here is: There's a finite amount of time here before Eichel says "I had enough.""

Just now, JR Ewing said:

ANOTHER rookie GM for the Sabres? At some point they need to bring in somebody with some on-the-job experience.

Just now, JR Ewing said:

ANOTHER rookie GM for the Sabres? At some point they need to bring in somebody with some on-the-job experience.

Good luck with getting anyone with ANY other prospects taking this crap show of a job. Remember Lafontaine was hired and fired 100 days later, lol, this was after he told them he didnt want to work in the front office in the frist place. Clearly things havent gotten better, Just a week or so ago Botterill was suposedly safe according to Pegula. Now, down goes Botterill.

Kevyn Adams, i remember him as a smart P/K forward, an expansion Jacket, i remember him playing against my Wings in the 02 SCF. My youngest is thrilled as she is going to Miami of Ohio this fall and that is where Adams went to school, first GM from that small town school which has had a surprising number of players make the NHL. 

So good luck Adams, odds are we will see you in your own article in a year and a half give or take with his own 'just got fired by Pegula' article.