Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

Did not expect 4-0 ....

However, after Game 1 I saw how hard the Habs played in the 2nd period and parts of the 3rd period.  If anyone expected to rollover the Habs they are fooling themselves.

In addition ..add in the fact their coach was hospitalized after Game 1, you had to expect them to be pumped for Game 2.

Finally the Flyers played 3 really good games in the round robin and 1/2 of game #1.  A clunker was to be expected.  Get it out of their system.  Purge today's game and come back with a vengeance for Game #3.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe not having last line change will help it will force AV to shorten his bench because let's be honest there is 3 or 4 forwards who don't need ice time...

yeah, Giroux and Voracek are 2 of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trevluk said:

I left the game for a while and when I came back the announcers said something about Konechny maybe not being available next game? What happened?

Ankle injury took a shot off of it.

Won't miss him he has been terrible.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Terrible today but they all were. If the Flyers are going to finally win a round of the playoffs again I think we will need production from him.

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

It wasn't going to be a sweep.  As someone else said, 3 past Price at this point is probably not going to happen but use the next two periods to figure it out.   Probably won't be a W but get it figured out for Monday.

1 hour ago, trevluk said:

See you guys monday.

You guys will be a day late.  Next game is Sunday.

The most skilled team didn't win today but the team with the most heart sure did.

You could tell every time there was a loose puck their little guys went after it with a reckless abandon and time after time I watch many Flyers players let up and not show they were willing to do whatever to win that puck battle.

Bravo Montreal that is how you bring and lunch pail and go to work on the opposition and impose your will on them. 

Flyers got owned from the first puck drop.

Just embarrassing to leave Hart out there as the only battling.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just saw the replay. Slapper directly to the broadside of the skate, decent chance that is a broken bone and done for the playoffs. Why the F are you risking injury blocking shots when you are down 5-0 with 5 mins in the game??

Edited by trevluk

1 minute ago, trevluk said:

Just saw the replay. Slapper directly to the broadside of the skate, decent chance that is a broken bone and done for the playoffs.

Frost has to be next man up.

If not sit Thompson for him.

I would sit JVR too Flyers need as many hungry guys as they can ice.

• Like 1