HF.net All Star FHL - Official 2021 Season Thread

pilldoc

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, negotiations were kept to a minimum here between yave and I, as we both pretty much knew what we wanted out of this.
One tweak and that's all it took to agree.

Tyler Johnson is the "weak link" in this deal, but, since I follow the Bolts more than anyone here, I also know that coach Cooper has been giving him time with either Point or Stamkos and he has played a bit better because of it.
Whether that stays that way remains to be seen, but he was worth including in the package for me to get an upgrade in goal, as I have plenty of solid defensemen.

Yeah, I agree he's the weak link here, but it's educated risk and also the trade-off you kind of have to pay given the goalie situation.  I just think it was a really good trade for both of you. Strong moves.

14 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, negotiations were kept to a minimum here between yave and I, as we both pretty much knew what we wanted out of this.
One tweak and that's all it took to agree.

Tyler Johnson is the "weak link" in this deal, but, since I follow the Bolts more than anyone here, I also know that coach Cooper has been giving him time with either Point or Stamkos and he has played a bit better because of it.
Whether that stays that way remains to be seen, but he was worth including in the package for me to get an upgrade in goal, as I have plenty of solid defensemen.

This is about my tenth move to improve my offense, Eichel, (ugh!) Schenn, Makar, Guentzel, Barrie, Zibenajad, all brought in and still second from bottom in goals scored. I know I am right in the thick of things but of my three teams this is my smoke and mirrors club and the one I am least satisfied with.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, yave1964 said:

This is about my tenth move to improve my offense, Eichel, (ugh!) Schenn, Makar, Guentzel, Barrie, Zibenajad, all brought in and still second from bottom in goals scored. I know I am right in the thick of things but of my three teams this is my smoke and mirrors club and the one I am least satisfied with.

I'm chasing ya hard this week bud. Been just a sliver behind all week lol.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I'm chasing ya hard this week bud. Been just a sliver behind all week lol.

fantastic matchup asusual. the Vegas loss hurt you. i picked up two Dallas defenders to try to hold you off in blocked shots. your Boston boys missing time with covid hurt you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Apologies in advance to those jockeying for position with @yave1964.  Y'all will be losing ground this week.

DAMN! Rux, i need you to pull a rabbit out of your hat this week. Maybe if you trade me Tristan Jarry in NAHANA he will suddenly go on Covid protocol or break his femur and Yave owns him here?

its currently a 3 way race for those 2 first round Bi spots. Dumba and I play each other next week in a pretty important match too since he is currently #2 and that can only help Yave, who is right there in 3rd.

• Like 1

"Happy" would be too strong a word, but this may have been the first time I've felt good about a 5-8 loss in a week matchup.

It's kind of like being glad to walk away from a fiery car accident with a tanker  truck.

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

"Happy" would be too strong a word, but this may have been the first time I've felt good about a 5-8 loss in a week matchup.

It's kind of like being glad to walk away from a fiery car accident with a tanker  truck.

I get it, I really do I went into Sunday hoping to crush you but everything broke wrong for me and right for you right down to the brilliant toe save by Blackwood, that win/40 saves/shutout tightened it up. Good match. I feel the opposite of you, I feel I left a few points on the table somewhere, lol

On 4/3/2021 at 8:24 AM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Man this fight for the top 2 First round bi spots is going to be tight. Dumba and I are locked in Mortal combat with a close week while Yave seems to be cruising over this week to catch up

you put a hurt on dumba allowing me to slide into second dont think i will catch up to your team but the bye has been an important goal of mine.

34 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

you put a hurt on dumba allowing me to slide into second dont think i will catch up to your team but the bye has been an important goal of mine.

I think Boston having a stupid good night last night and ppd days on his goalies did it.

My Boston 1st line combined for 6 goals and 2 assists last night.

Was a pleasant surprise to wake up to given I was down going to sleep

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, yave1964 said:

I am in the middle of a tough stretch of opponents, I told Rux today that yours is the team I would consider the favorite or at the least on the short list. Good luck the next couple of days, been a nailbiter so far. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, pilldoc said:

Appreciate the kind words but there is still a lot of hockey to be played.  Between Joe and yourself you are never easy teams to go against.  And good luck to you :) ...... 

My team is sinking faster than the Titanic.  Now tied with @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the 6th and final playoff spot.  In addition to that we are also matched up this week.  Winner grabs the 6th spot going into the last week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

My team is sinking faster than the Titanic.  Now tied with @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the 6th and final playoff spot.  In addition to that we are also matched up this week.  Winner grabs the 6th spot going into the last week.

Yave and I play the 4th and 5th place teams this week who are only 5 and 6 points ahead of you. You will be cheering for us this week too lol

• 2 weeks later...

And also in all star, congrats to @J0e Th0rntonfor winning the Presidents trophy wih a hell of a year. I AGAIN finished second and couldnt catch him, great job sir. Just happy to have the first round bye in both this league and in Smythe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

And also in all star, congrats to @J0e Th0rntonfor winning the Presidents trophy wih a hell of a year. I AGAIN finished second and couldnt catch him, great job sir. Just happy to have the first round bye in both this league and in Smythe.

Much appreciated! You did beat me in the 1 week we met, which makes me nervous. It's all in vain if I can't beat you in the playoffs. In both leagues lol.

Good luck to all the teams playing in the first round. I'll be watching in anticipation of my 2nd round opponent

8 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Just happy to have the first round bye in both this league and in Smythe.

I’m slightly bitter...I lost at least 10 man games to Covid this past week and thus I missed making the bye by like 5 points. Oh well... onward and up word

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

@Hale

We tied the first week of the season and I have worried about you or @J0e Th0rnton all year. Congrats, looking forward to hopefully a great finals

I still get you in NAHANA!

I woke up at freaking 4am so I could grab the 4:05am waiver wire passes this morning lol.

On a home school night for my daughter's! 

I'm so ready for this! 

But I am so tired now. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Congratz @yave1964and kudos to @Hale for a great finals.

Yave hoists the All stars trophy for the.......How many times is it now? A lot lol.

congrats to you sir for nahana wire to wire. i tried it is the only league that i have ever played in and never won.

• pilldoc unpinned and locked this topic